Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Illawarra Apr 3

Giddey's back, but Crockers out. Hip injury as a result of an Easter Bunny hopping incident by all accounts. Harvey's out for the Hawks but Grida is back as well.

The Hawks crashed and burned in the second half against the SEM like a non-PC joke at the ALP Conference. Broekhoff catching fire dropping a lazy 26. Everyone deserves a bad game every so often, but Sixers fans hope they have another one today. Adelaide are swimming in a sea of red and need a win. Line on the left, one cross each...

It's tough to put your entire hopes on an 18 yo, because as we all know, "he's not the messiah"

No tip for this game, I don't want to crucify either team

Topic #48312 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Release Brandon

Reply #840567 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It is time for BP3 to rip a big one. Giddey and Paul young and old to become the firm...taking care of business. Feeling real buoyant about this game... Sixers by 15.. Jack Macca McVay to have his way again. Lazy 20 for the Hungry Jack - hawks minus Harvey - sad but no chance...

Reply #840573 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Crocker out, it's time Brandon Paul to shine..

Reply #840578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Harvey or Bairstow Hawks will not score 50 points.

Every team having to play so many games ie 3 in 6 days is ridiculous and shoows how pathetic the NBL is being run this year.

Reply #840579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dan Grida is back and good to see he will add some spark and enthusiasm.

Reply #840581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barry Crocker out. Meh.

Reply #840584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toss the coin, I feel Adelaide is due for a win so that's the kiss of death then. So just to keep Sixers fans happy I’ll tips hawks by three, now that’s there kiss off death for hawks.

Reply #840591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who on earth wants to see these two play each other again

Reply #840608 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

What's the best the Sixers make Deng Adel look All NBL this game?

Reply #840615 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You would think the Sixers comfortably but then Max Darling will probably end up having the game of his life or something.

Sixers by 3

Reply #840617 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Henry looking professional in his t shirt lol.

Reply #840663 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Back to his smart looking polo now.

McVeigh should start over Pinder.

Reply #840667 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Can we trade Deng Adel for Pinder?

Reply #840670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Can we trade Deng Adel for Pinder?"

Hahahaha! Pinder was the worst player in the league, but Adel may have taken that mantle. At least people knew that Pinder might struggle. Adel was meant to dominate!

Reply #840671 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Pinder smarter than Adel lol.

Reply #840672 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Humpries can barely put a sentence together. Probably lucky he has basketball for now

Reply #840675 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

How are the hawks up? Lol

Reply #840676 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Start of 3rd quarter is the best 5 minutes of basketball AJ has played in years.

Reply #840677 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Seriously, why would Goorjian call a timeout when his team was on a 20-3 run and had just forced another turnover?
It completely brought us back into the game.

Reply #840678 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Agree Hendo. Crazy.

Reply #840679 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

What should be an easy Adelaide win isn't so certain

Reply #840680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange brain fart from Goorj. It's moments like that you realise he’s no longer as sharp as he was.

Reply #840681 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Hawks on paper at the start of the season looked a deep squad until the form revealed Deng Adel was actually a development player.

Reply #840682 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

A very highly paid development player

Reply #840683 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

-18 FFS.

Reply #840684 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

-18 in a close game is hard to do.

Reply #840685 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Massive game from DJ while Adel is lifting. -28 now.

Reply #840688 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

I can't believe as well calling a time out..to rest his player! Really? Sub the player coach

Reply #840689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gorg is a complete toss.

Adel seriously why does he continually play that imposter.

Reply #840690 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hawks shambolic.
Good to see Grida back. I know Ogilvy was originally signed to replace him.
What will happen when Bairstow and Harvey return?
Does Ogilvy have to go?
There are worse players than him wearing Hawks colours.

Reply #840692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fan biy you are wise must be nice having two heads attached to your neck.

Reply #840697 | Report this post

Daniel Thomasson  
Years ago

Without Harvey and Jessup pushing through gingerly. Adelaide Was never going to be a collapsed rectal intestine to the extent of playing the cats in the last half of the cup..
Adelaide are a fun first q team to watch, Paul without any calls tonight on those drives a bit rough and I think the rest of the teams lack of notice of him being wide open.....frustrating to watch.

Reply #840699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After the timeout they subbed Ogilvy and brought in Adel, game turned back in Sixers favour then. Rarely does a timeout cost the team that called it the game, but tonight it did and if restrictions mean that Ogilvy should leave then if I was the Hawks I'm releasing Adel. Breakers might find Ogilvy useful to backup Iverson.

Reply #840703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Punters who have watched nba, g league over the years no that Adel would struggle. A few good game in a few seasons don't cut it. I don’t know who got fooled, Goorj or management but they are just as big a basket case on a lot more dollars. Goorj can still coach but other than a few players they are not that good.

Reply #840706 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I don't know who got fooled, Goorj or management but they are just as big a basket case on a lot more dollars.

That is the million question question no one has an answer to. I'd lean towards management.

Reply #840709 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Makes me wonder how Thon Maker would go in the nbl. Or even Jonah Bolden for that matter.

Reply #840712 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

I'm sure I read on here those two and Adel are shoe ins for the Boomers.

Reply #840714 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

All these Sudanese players who have been pumped up over the years as the next Durant etc. cannot really recall one actually coming close to doing anything to back it up in the nbl. Thon maker probably not even drafted if his real age was known before nba draft.

Reply #840715 | Report this post

Thons fly kick in that fight vs the Phillipines gets the rose from gorj surely...

Reply #840716 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

The Paul frustration translates to a live viewing as well. So many times the guys looked like they did not even see him. The fact that we only have like 1 play for him also does not help. That said we won and that's not something we can say has happened for a while now.

Reply #840717 | Report this post

Speaking of gorj....
aside from cotton naturalising,
Would he be on the radar to give patty rest minutes and be that spark plug off the bench? Is this too far fetched of an idea? I know size is a liability but if gorj is that good of a coach he would know how to hide him in the defence.... just a thought

Reply #840719 | Report this post

From memory,
In the last few Boomers medal games, scoring in clutch moments down the stretch of the medal rounds has been a hair putting exercise. Patty can only carry this team so far. (Not taking away from the important role everyone else has. But to have a 2-3 quick fast buckets surely would help get over the edge at least to place a medal for the first time....

Reply #840720 | Report this post

Sorry for posting on this thread, just had a gorj tangent that I don't feel is as good as he once was... Adelaide looked fun, been good to see some the first 1/2 vs the cats ☄️

Reply #840722 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That third quarter

Reply #840726 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

A win is a win. Giddey close to a triple-double and birthday boy DJ actually crashed the glass. Paul was getting shutdown by Justin Simon.

Reply #840728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Every team having to play so many games ie 3 in 6 days is ridiculous and shoows how pathetic the NBL is being run this year.
It's almost like they're trying to work around a global pandemic complete with state-specific lockdowns and lengthy quarantines. And on a budget.

Reply #840730 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

The people saying Goorj has lost it due to that timeout obviously weren't watching the 99 grand final series v the 36ers.

He has always had a tendency to call timeouts when his team is on a run.

Reply #840738 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Pinder Defenitely had his best game as a pro last night

Reply #840766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone explain why we're still required to wear face masks at adelaide games? My understanding is it’s only required if it’s at 100% capacity and there were less than 6,000 people there on Saturday.

Reply #840909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Government

Reply #840912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754