Anon
Years ago

Tom Garlepp is a protected species

Tom Garlepp appeared before the judiciary at BNSW either last night or tonight for walking onto the court at Crusaders on the weekend to attend an injured player and as he walked on he steps to his right towards a crusaders player and deliberately hits the player with an elbow and his shoulder.

He then steps a metre to the left towards his player who was on the floor to assist him.

The referees tech foul him which is his 2nd so he has to leave the court and head to the change rooms till the game ends.

At the judiciary he gets a 2 week suspension and a 6mth suspended sentence.

One reason apparently given was because he is the NSW U/20 Womens State coach for the upcoming nationals in May and he only got 2 weeks so he can attend the nationals.

That is a joke because if you see what he does and for striking a player the maximum sentence is 52 weeks as per judiciary sentencing.

He should have been made an example of and suspended longer so he misses the nationals and maybe then he would learn a lesson

BNSW have now set a precedent to judiciaries that may follow and they wonder why associations have o confidence in them.

Topic #48406 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what's the precedent? NSW coaches get a lighter sentence? Where is the video evidence? I would love to see it. Is there a youtube video?

Reply #844455 | Report this post

KING  
Years ago

Have you not encountered bias? see what LeBron tweeted today? Like this but on a super small scale, who cares, it is life. He is a good coach.

Reply #844456 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

GOOGLE Central Coast Crusaders Basketball game against Norths for 17-4-21 and go through to 1 minute 15 left in 4th quarter and it is clearly shown what he does at 1.06 left on the clock.

Reply #844460 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If he is a good coach then he needs to be a lot smarter and set an example on how to do the right thing not the wrong thing.

Reply #844462 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm a shmuck I did that and saw nothing

Reply #844470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"GOOGLE Central Coast Crusaders Basketball game against Norths for 17-4-21 and go through to 1 minute 15 left in 4th quarter and it is clearly shown what he does at 1.06 left on the clock."
Yep I did. Nothing. The url would help everyone. Thanks

Reply #844473 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I want 2 minutes of my life back

Reply #844475 | Report this post

Creekworld  
Years ago

Lame thread OP

Reply #844483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol.
BNSW tribunals are a joke.
You also forgot the PTBR course he has to complete and the zero tolerance agreement he has to sign.

Reply #844486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only protected species in Australia is Bryce Cotton.

Reply #844489 | Report this post

Sringi  
Years ago

I have no respect for Tom he just tries to recruit the best players. Who has he actually developed?

Reply #844491 | Report this post

SHITZ  
Years ago

total joke ! He should have gotten alot longer than that !

BNSW disgraceful !!!!

Reply #844496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dude is a bum

Reply #844499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.facebook.com/CentralCoastCrusaders/videos/588825105408637

If thats what the OP is talking about. 2 weeks is about right.

Reply #844501 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

https://www.facebook.com/CentralCoastCrusaders/videos/588825105408637

here is the link to see the game that was live streamed.

Reply #844503 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

go to 1hr 57min on the live stream and it clearly shows in whole incident.

Reply #844506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Reply #844515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A coach or official should never touch an opposition player, never. No excuses.

Reply #844519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the rules they are allowed too

Reply #844521 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #844522 | Report this post

KING  
Years ago

Jesus he did nothing. My mate got a 2 month suspension from BNSW for a double tech, the club was sick of him and pushed the needle.

Reply #844523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you please identify precisely where in the rules a coach or official is allowed to touch an opposition player?

Reply #844533 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Page 11, right next to the section on coaches riding officials all game.

Reply #844534 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

What am I missing here? Literally nothing happens in that video at that time? Genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply #844786 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754