Luuuc
Years ago

Bogut Exercises Kings Ownership Option

Andrew Bogut joins Sydney Kings ownership but won't curb outspoken ways

Basketballer Andrew Bogut has exercised his option to take a 10 per cent stake in the Sydney Kings, with the retired star saying he would be "a moron" to talk down his investment while vowing not to curb his outspoken ways.
Bogut had earlier this year reportedly said he would consider walking away from the deal to take up the ownership stake, part of an agreement brokered when he returned to Australia to play for the Kings in 2018 after a stellar career in the NBA.

Topic #48631 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Son of a ... someone fix that thread title typo please.

Reply #850483 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Andrew "Pizzagate" Bogus. I like.

Reply #850485 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You're not going to control me I can't be controlled, okay now I can be controlled but I reserve the right to still be uncontrollable.

He's always been a bit of a headcase but it's good for the NBL to have him back involved.

Reply #850487 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I agree. This news made me happy.

Reply #850493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After having another ill-informed whinge about lockdowns, Bogut was asked to put his money where his mouth is and provide a solution. This is what he said.

Keep kids in school
Protect elderly/nursing homes.
Protect sick and vulnerable
Fit and healthy?
Daily life at your own* risk.
Follow social dist if/when needed.
Encourage healthy lifestyle/diet.

Make Australia one again. No state border closures.
Lockdowns are inhumane

Not only does that not answer the question, these are just moronic suggestions at stopping a covid outbreak. Anyway, welcome back to the NBL!

Reply #850505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking up his ownership and a coaching role in 2021/22. Will be an assistant to a former Boomers teammate.

Reply #850515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut's messages around managing COVID in Australia sound perfectly sensible if you add in isolate positive cases and potential contacts of positive cases.

Reply #850532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except he didn't say that.

Reply #850534 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Given the potential contacts of covid cases now include "attendees to the MCG" and "Chadstone shopping centre" the idea that you keep everything open while covid is in the community and not end up with another out of control outbreak is absurd.

Reply #850536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not absurd, because the positive tests are all contacts of known cases and the testing rate has been extremely high.

Reply #850537 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

There is a mystery case today.

It IS absurd, because by locking down you can get it back down to zero and we can go back to some semblance of normal while waiting for the vaccine (warp speed huh?). The "just lock down the vulnerable and open everything up" idea ignores the people who look after the vulnerable, and family and friends of them and their contacts etc etc. It doesnt work.

Reply #850538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saying "lock up the vulnerable" so people like him get can in with their lives is inhumane. A small inconvenience to him really but he's too selfish to see that.

Reply #850543 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's about catch-up and getting in front.

Sydney hasn’t been in a position of tracing 10 days behind on a fast spreading mutated strain in areas that aren’t affluent.

It’s all well and good to trace a strain when you have it early and all the people live in big houses and drive to things and work from home because they work in professional industries.

It’s another to catch it on public transport, factories, social workers who need money and will do anything to work etc

Then there’s also the aspect of someone going bar crawling on chapel with a strain that’s airborne. That’s a massive problem.

Reply #850546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's not absurd, because the positive tests are all contacts of known cases and the testing rate has been extremely high."

It is absurd, unless every one of those contacts of known cases is and remains isolated before they infect other people. And every new positive generates a new set of contacts who weren't in isolation. Unless they've all tested negative recently (last 3 days) then they're potential new cases.

The outbreak is not under control until the number of new positives is going down. Until then it'll continue to grow and will ultimately shut everything down (except hospitals and vaccination centres) anyway. That would be a much longer and more inhumane virus-enforced lockdown than 7 days now.

Oh - and new case numbers go down on Sundays and Mondays, as testing rates on the weekend are lower than the rest of the week. So expect new case numbers to go up tomorrow (Tuesday) if we're still playing catch-up. If they don't go up tomorrow, the lockdown may helping to reduce transmission.

Andrew Bogut is a former professional basketballer with no knowledge of epidemiology. If he posts something about professional basketball, it's probably worth a read and if he posts about public health management then it isn't.

Reply #850560 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah Boguts not an epidemiologist, take his nonsense with a grain of salt.

There are a few mystery cases now - I suspect the health authorities know more about the situation and holes of info than some rando hoops posters

Reply #850563 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Bogut will bring a lot of positives to the Kings with his experiences, and NBA contacts.

However, I don't think he can 'behave'.

If the Kings were on the wrong end of a call (like the Ware on Cotton call that was crucial in that game in Perth), he would likely still rant and the league would have no choice but to take action.

He can afford the fines but how many times are the NBL going to try to keep him in check?

Reply #850575 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If anything it would probably be good media exposure for the NBL fining Bogut all the time. He like Cambage is a walking headline so it would keep the NBL in the news.

Bogut likes to beat his chest but I'm willing to bet he signed that ownership clause and will magically become less opinionated once it's all official.

Reply #850578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he will just continue his favourite go-to move of making subliminal comments.

Reply #850579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754