anon
Last week

NBL1 North - June 2021

Mirko Djeric and Majok Deng sign with Cairns Marlins. Great news!

Topic #48676 | Report this topic

RobT  
Last week

Sorry, anon. Did not see this one.

USC Ripcity are looking forward to Fabian Krslovic and Tanner Krebs, a returnee from College, Kyle Zunic, and Dion Smith from Warnambool joining Izzy, Josh, Eric and Louie. Throw in our "younger" brigade and our final season as RIPCITY looks OK.
*[USC Ripcity will join with Sunshine Coast Phoenix in 2022 season as USC Phoenix. Yippee, together again, at last!]

Reply #852407 | Report this post

anon  
Last week

No problem RobT.

That sounds like a nice team to play in the current NBL1 North season.

Great news about Sunny Coast teams merging for next season.

Reply #852423 | Report this post

anon  
Last week

Cairns Marlins have also signed Nathan Jawai!

I think they'll be the team to beat in Qld now.

Reply #852424 | Report this post

RobT  
Last week

Ripcity welcomed the fabulous debut performances of Tanner Krebs from the Brisbane Bullets and Kyle Zunic back from US college as they spearheaded the attack on the Brisbane Capitals and helped their new team to a 107/90 win. Krebs was game high scorer with 34, game high assists with 8 and game high rebounder with 13. Zunic was a perfect side-kick with 22 pts and 4 assists.

Eric McAlister, Izzy Tueta and Louis Ilton contributed 17, 16 and 14 points respectively to gain their 2nd, consecutive win.

Nicholas Stoddart was excellent for Bris with 31pts and 5 assists with only a little scoreboard support from Wigness (13), Papacostas (12) and Jacob Wilson (11).

Next round, we go north and add Fabian Krslovic from the Cairns Taipans to our roster and see Josh Tueta for his 1st game of the season (after a 4-game suspension). We will need all our guys to play flat out and at their best to judge how far we can go this season.

How are other games, teams in the North conf fairing? If you don't spill your stories here you'll all be stuck with me going on about how good we are! Come on, surely some of you northern fans like your teams like I like mine. Tell us about them.

Reply #852956 | Report this post

GGWhatisthis  
Last week

All I know is somehow a lot of heavy favourites lost today. Looks like this league is to avoid.

Reply #852958 | Report this post

RobT  
Earlier this week

Doesn't that make it more interesting?

Reply #852970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Earlier this week

Rob RIP looked great last night and some more muscle will only help. Mcalister has some good perimeter skills so will be good to see him loosened up!

The big surprise for me this year is Townsville, have overachieved and won a bunch of games with just local talent!

Biggest disappointment Rocky, did they lose sponsors? Usually a big spender and only have Wilcher and their womens side is even more disappointing for their standards.

Mackay RIP Cairns and Logan my Top 4 teams as of now!

Reply #852985 | Report this post

RobT  
Yesterday

Men's ladder after Round 6:

1st: Logan 6+0
2nd: Townsville 5+2
3rd: Makay 4+1
4th: Brisbane 4+2
Cairns is also on 4+2
Full ladder @: https://nbl1.com.au/stats/ladder/north/men

Already the ladder is changing considerably as NBL players are released from their teams and join their NBL1 teams. We (Ripcity) for eg, have added Tanner Krebs (Bris bullets) and Kyle Zunic (Wynthrop College, US) and that has upped us incredibly. Most of our teams are maybe waiting on a couple more.

Cairns are looking stacked now with Jawai, Djeric and Majok Deng. We get them this weekend, after Townsville. Yippee!

So, if you're not from up north, I wish you all a happy week and R7.

Reply #853185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Beam Orders - a quick, simple order and payments site for your business.
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms
Punch - insightful time tracking

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Tue 15 Jun 2021 | Posts: 880,895 | Last 7 days: 1,679