Will he get a job, Maybe Tassie ??

Topic #48910 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

could he back up his brother?

Reply #859956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Far better players in Tassie in the JJ's backyard that they haven't considered. H won't be in that group either. Nowhere I am guessing. But a cheap pick up.

Reply #859959 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Linked to Cairns or Phoenix according to Aussie hoopla.
Adelaide also have vacancies.

Reply #859962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he won't go to sem or back to ADL

Reply #859964 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yes anon #959 would be thinking that Purchase and Dufelmeier would get a look in.

Reply #859965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both players killed it on the weekend. Duf outstanding. He should be POTW.

Reply #859966 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

I think Tom Daly might get the POTW chocolates this round

Reply #859971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

40 points in ONE game is nothing. Purchase and Dufelmeier were outstanding in all 3 GAMES. Choccies to Dufelmeier.

Reply #859979 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

I suppose Froling has value as an 11th man on minimum wage.

Reply #859983 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

He also dropped 23 @ 50% in the other game and they also went 2-0. You might try using both eyes

Reply #859993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once such a promising prospect has eaten and not listened himself out of the league.
Potential has a shelf life.
Sad, such huge upside but will be a poor mans Ben Melmeth when all said and done.
Hope I'm wrong

Reply #859997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hulland going the same way

Reply #859998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hulland has nowhere near the hype and potential of froling

Reply #860002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hoping he gets a run at Cairns, he has talent and had Heal telling him he’s nba player, it heard him mentally.

Reply #860003 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's Big-Guy Musical-Chairs at the moment.
Ogilvy, Bairstow, Krslovic, Hodgson, and Froling, all without contracts last time I looked.
(and still no confirmation on Reath.)
Anyone headed overseas?
Will the JJs sign another big to partner Magnay?
Does Trev like any of these guys?

Reply #860004 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

"Ogilvy, Bairstow, Krslovic, Hodgson, and Froling, all without contracts last time I looked."

If it were me, I'd take a punt on Froling over Bairstow and Krslovic (pending enthusiasm), so he's at least not bottom of the list.

I think HF could be a fairly good pickup for a team. You'd have to think his value would be pretty low (especially going to 3 imports) and he does have legit upside, but only if he's willing to put in the work.

If he was somewhere like Cairns and got a bit of playing time, could it potentially be a bit of a positive-snowball effect, where he picks up a bit of momentum, lays off the maccas and actually performs to the level he's capable of?

Reply #860008 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Ok so it's sounding like he is this generations Chris Blakemore, wins ROTY, has a stellar second season both with Adelaide and moves on to another team or 2 out of the league soon after with only 5 seasons experience?

I think H has way more upside but does he have the hunger to be like Lucas Walker in Perth type that can come as a training player and play himself into a starting 5 spot?

Reply #860014 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Ash didn't Blakemore pull the plug due to injury? I can’t remember tbh. I do recall he had a good motor though.

Reply #860100 | Report this post

Bullets  
Years ago

Proud..."wins ROTY, has a stellar second season both with Adelaide"

The first point is true but the second isn't. It was anything but stellar. He turned up fat and Joey Wright glued him to the end of the bench and rightly so. He was somewhat less fat coming to Brisbane but he’s still lazy and his confidence is shot.
I doubt he will ever recover. Doesn’t have the determination

Reply #860105 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's right. The Sixers knew they were signing Harry Froling so told Hodgson to seek opportunities elsewhere even though he was still under contract to the Sixers, the Bullets took him on for the last year of that contract.

Froling had a pretty good rookie season, I thought he was still a bit too hyped up over the odd good game but got the ROTY award. He then thought he had NBA potential went over there for tryouts, didn't make and it seems wanted to play the next season in the G-League instead of coming back to the Sixers for the second year of his contract.

The Sixers refused to release him so perhaps in response to that he came back fat and out of shape and fell out favour with Joey and the club. Talk was he wasn't even offered a contract by the Sixers last year. Signed a 2 year deal with the Bullets but only lasted one season they declined to pick up their team option on him. Now facing NBL wilderness.

Reply #860111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alarm bells should had rung after leaving 2 colleges in succession, and reasons not for look at cashing mainly, but at Marquette at least, had a bad attitude.
I wonder what is truthfully said at junior levels with players. He or she has a really bad attitude, but we need them to win, so we'll look the other way. Then everyone wonders why they struggle at senior level.
Can see Cairns as being a low risk/high reward destination, but have Nate as the big body role. Same with Sixers and Humphries, wouldn't have totally been illogical with previous coaches gone, but uncomfortable.
Hopefully for the guy, this has humbled him and he could be most improved. Didn't think he was a legit NBA spot, or even a good Euro league. But thought he was can't miss 10 year NBL player, not a franchise player, not a bench warmer, but solid career, similar to Ogilvy.

Reply #860118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mrs Daly said "He also dropped 23 @ 50% in the other game and they also went 2-0. You might try using both eyes"
Does that scoring Vs the bottom of the ladder team really count?
NAH.

Reply #860130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

40 against Shea Ili does

Reply #860138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #860141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the 3 teams Hobart beat are all in the top half hahaha Albury 4-10

Reply #860144 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Just saw something on Facebook, Harry sold his car and I quote:

"..Only selling as I play professional sport and now have a car in my contract! ... Looking for a quick sale as my season ends in 3 weeks and will be leaving town"

Reply #860526 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

^ to the above, clearly Harry is not returning to Brisbane and has a gig lined up somewhere else.

Reply #860527 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

^ with a car.

Reply #860535 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

^ aka a better deal.

FYI, I have also identified that Tanner Krebs is interested in a HSV that's going for around $90k, so he must be on decent coin!

Reply #860537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Europe supply cars to there overseas players. Good luck to him.

Reply #860555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Just saw something on Facebook, Harry sold his car and I quote:

"..Only selling as I play professional sport and now have a car in my contract! ... Looking for a quick sale as my season ends in 3 weeks and will be leaving town"

Strange. I see nothing on his FB page that says that.

Reply #861354 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

You can advertise things in FB buy and sell groups without it appearing on your own page.

Reply #861429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#860 thought I'd go back and check, gee what do you know Tom Daly POTW Round 12

Reply #861629 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

@Anon, I actually took screenshots if you really want to see them.

Reply #861633 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754