Anonymous
Years ago

Deshon Taylor NBL Talks

Hearing talks with him closing in on Illawarra, Cairns & Perth. BUDGET IMPORT so don't get all crazy is all but believe he can become an Elite player in the near future only 24

Illawarra pairing him with Justin Simon elite defenders to Harvey would be great also he can score/shoot facilitate... not a bad fit

Cairns pair him aside with Machado & Oliver (If NBA doesn’t workout) so he can be an elite 3/D for them so Scott doesn’t chase around the other guards wasting energy & trying to run the offense .. which hurt them last season at times. Close with Forde

Perth is only in talks if Cotton can get his citizenship, Norton has been injured a lot and need insurance there if he can’t go full throttle next season
Friends with Cotton & has been linked to rumors before

Topic #48975 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah nah

Reply #861630 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

I know he has been in the NZNBL this year and from what I can tell, is doing well.

Also, I thought he did really well in his debut season as an import, you could do a lot worse for a budget import.

Reply #861632 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

As an injury replacement import he holds a bit of value. Kendle style.
If say United go with two imports and Dellavedova is injured you could start Ili and bring in Taylor.

Reply #861634 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I thought Taylor played quite well at the tail end of him time with Sydney once he had recovered from whatever injury he had.

Reply #861635 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/48914-bullets-sign-versatile-american-guard-isaiah-moss/#p861265

Reply #861636 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Perth is only in talks if Cotton can get his citizenship, Norton has been injured a lot and need insurance there if he can't go full throttle next season
Friends with Cotton & has been linked to rumors before"

That's weird, cos I heard they were looking at Devondrik Walker, who IS friends with Walker, and has been to Perth before.
Maybe they've spoken to both?

Really depends on how they go with the rest of their squad.
Need a coach, and need another 5 or 6 players.

In terms of guards, the priority has to be a 2/3 who can score. Can't be reliant on Cotton & Blanch, especially without Steindl.

Reply #861645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finished his season at Sydney very well, I was amazed kings didn't bring him in ahead of Weeks last season when he was already in nz. I’m hoping Cairns get him, he plays defence, can play either guard spot.

Reply #861648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He won't be a BIG name signing that will change people minds about his game ... last two seasons a lot of people questioned these signings for whatever reasons because they weren’t households NBA names

Jae’Sean Tate
Justin Simon
John Mooney
Sek Henry

Not saying he will be Tate or Mooney caliber but players like Simon & Sek yes who can change the identity of teams & do little things to help teams be successful probably not a 20 pts a night guy yet

Reply #861654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah the big names don't always pan out most of the time it’s the surprise signings and "solid" signings who end up doing great and everybody wants them back then they leave to bigger contracts

Reply #861655 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah I thought Taylor would get an NBL gig last season. He wasn't always pretty to watch but he ended up being an effective scorer, especially during the last third of the season with the Kings.

Reply #861662 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Taylor showed a little bit of something with the Sixers in pre-season before he was cut for Randle but he regressed in Sydney, IMO. Not really NBL import standard and you would think being here playing in the NZ league the past couple of years with no team here taking a chance on him last season his options would be limited this upcoming season.

Good luck to him though if he's able to get an NBL contract.

Reply #861663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He definitely regressed but it went to a stack team also hurt so you gotta find a role that helps a winning team

Same with Scotty Hopson early on with Melbourne United, later on during the season he showed himself finding a role a that works

Reply #861666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good fits with those 3 teams because they will not be getting crazy big names due to money left for them to offer

Illawarra - Reath, Harvey Simon (Possibility) will be on most of the money so they'll need a hood budget import

Perth - Cotton, Norton (now) 1 maybe 2 big imports on big money the 3rd will need to be a budget import ... that’s why Cotton citizenship plays a factor in their rumors

Cairns - Machado & Oliver/Other 5 import will definitely be on all the money so they’ll need a solid budget import

Money plays a factor in why these teams are interested in Taylor

Reply #861677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the hawks might have a import announcement soon. on twitter 2 hours ago suggested a signing might be taylor>

Reply #861680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is that post related to Deshon Taylor

Reply #861692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could see him being handy as a 3rd import, but you'd want to hit on the other two import spots. Plays hard on defence, though occasionally he has lapses or overplays.

Reply #861694 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

I really hope DeShon Taylor gets another NBL contract. He has a young family and the injuries he through were tough and mentally draining on him.

I could see DeShon in Cairns with Scott and Oliver. He may not have the size as DJ, but his defence intensity on the ball will suit any NBL teams. Even if DeShon signed back in Sydney could work or Illawarra?

But I would rather see DeShon play for the Orange army. DeShon is doing well in the NZNBL with the Rams.

Reply #861702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde was at Sydney with Taylor so the connection is there

Reply #861728 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Tahjere McCall may go to Cairns but he can't shoot the 3 well at all?

If he plays like Justin Simon, it could workout?

Reply #861735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra & Taylor ain't happen now

Cairns & Perth last two places I could see him we will see

Reply #861886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon dad says his signing with perth

Reply #861888 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754