Anon
Years ago

36ers in discussions with import forward

Reports that the 36ers are in discussions with a forward that was on a two way contract in the NBA this year.

Also a back up PG to be announced soon.

Topic #48985 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Care to elaborate OP?

Reply #861867 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That's what Santamaria says in his NBL.com.AU article

Reply #861872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

back up PG Tad Dufelmeier ?
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/202021-nba-two-way-contract-tracker.html

Reply #861873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well United don't want him as some were saying. Quality guy and he can hoop. He needs a shot somewhere in the NBL.

Reply #861876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a list of possible 36ers imports who played in the g league last season

jordan bell pf 100 plus nba romoured SEM
anthony lamb f 24
amir coffey g f 13 nba
sean mcdermott f 18 nba
killian tillie french f
justin jackson f might not 8 nba
james nunnally f might plays in israel
josh hall 21 nba
gary clark 132 nba
lois king 10 nba
keita bates diop 104 nba
jarrell brantley 37 nba follows dust hannahs

i would love to see johnathan motley

Reply #861887 | Report this post

Charon 15  
Years ago

are we talking about the import JVG will pick from Moldovan stable, and pay him full agent fee (of which he gets a snip) and then send's home in first half of the season, OR the replacement JVG again selects from Moldovan stable as a replacement for the first one?

Reply #861913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sheeesh dynamite accusation right there. I find this doubtful.

Reply #861914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charon 15, just another clown with an unfounded agenda

Reply #861915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charon 15 might be onto something because that's what happened to Taylor then being in Randle who’s agents are in the same agency

Reply #861917 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

#915 they will always be in all threads smh.

Reply #861918 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

"Charon 15 might be onto something because that's what happened to Taylor then being in Randle who's agents are in the same agency"

Interesting you say that - Deshon Taylor actually just today posted something on his instagram around making sure you choose an agent who will fight for you and make sure your name is at the top of the list etc...

Coincidence?

Reply #861919 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

BeeGee.... Could call, wouldn't surprise me…

Reply #861924 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

From an Adelaide perspective, the aim should be to have largely an 8 player rotation, with the other 2-3 players being used in a capacity to be brought in if 1) a player is in foul trouble; 2) a player is injured; or 3) a player is having an absolutely god awful game to the extent they need to stay off for prolonged period of time.

I'd rather they focus their resources on 8 players, with a front-loaded 4-5 players that command attention and players with 3-4 players that can exploit the open opportunities.

In the past Adelaide has attempted to go with 10 player rotation - which I don't think is necessary - and gone for a more even spread of players where a fair few average players were just there to "co-exist".

Bigs: Humphries, Import PF with defensive strength, Johnson. DJ is an offensive weapon but will need a defensive assistance at all times - reason enough to get a defensive Import PF. Humphries we would expect to be great defensively and solid offensively that it's not an issue when DJ is on the bench. Hopefully that kind of import will provide Humphries with more assistance and less risk of foul trouble as well.

Guards/Forwards: McCarron the QB to ensure the offensive movement is meaningful and effective and provide strong defense assistance to Dech. Dusty a shooter that will require a stretched defense. Dech can focus on defense without tiring himself out as much and hopefully be aggressive on offense to take advantage of the focus on Mitch/Dusty. King can be there as a Dech-lite with his length and shooting.

Sign either a starting SF that has length, shooting + reasonable defensive capability or bring Crocker back for a bench role where he provides energy and shooting.

McCarron, Dusty, Import SF, Dech, Import PF, Humphries, DJ, King as your 8 player rotation.

Sotto backup big; bring back Dillon to provide ball carrier capability should they completely fail at getting through a trap; decide whether to have a backup SG for a shooter that can just come off the bench and splash or a backup big with a bit of experience in case Sotto isn't quite up to it.

Reply #861929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How reliable is King likely to be? I got the impression he was a bit underdone in Cairns?

Reply #861935 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Years ago

@ket got some good points, really agree with them having a strong 8-9 players for rotation which i think they will. I think sotto could be useable for spot minutes, eg; come in at the end of the quarter for someone with foul trouble, he averaged like 9&7 or so in the qualifiers against grown men. Like Liam said if the import is a two way, your going to think they would be reputable, but then again they could be an another import dud.

Isaac, I felt that for the games he had bigger minutes he look promising, his athleticism and three point shooting seem quite good, will have to see now assuming he gets more opportunity.

Reply #861936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET, I think they have their hopes set higher than Crocker for that role? Don't get me wrong, I see what Crocker brings, but feel like they have to move on from him, especially if the SF is the stud import signing.

Always felt like the great failure was never truly balancing DJ next to a defensive minded 4/5. The problem with finally having someone solid enough next to DJ is that Humphries demands as many touches as DJ and is probably even more of a go to option on offense as well. It takes a pretty crafty system to make two bigs like that work together. But I suppose it's a good luxury to have at the same time.

Yeah, who knows how King and Sotto will go backing up those positions.

Reply #861938 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Duffman oh yeah! was he just playing local here?

Reply #861941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Donald Sloan was a Moldovan player, and coincidentally so was his replacement Brandon Paul - hmmmmm

Reply #862008 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who out of the list are Moldovan clients?

Reply #862011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolden? He is/was a Moldovan client...

Reply #862043 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

My guess is Anthony Lamb.

Reply #862128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love to see Brantley seems he knows dusty

Reply #862132 | Report this post

MD  
Years ago

But Im hoping for Tyler Bey. Defensive workhorse, can play both forward spots, decent 3pt shooter from spot up. Great rebounder and explosive athlete. He would be a great fit.

McCarron
Hannahs
Bey
DJ
Humphries

Also slotting to PF with DJ at centre.

Cannot create his offense but that is what McCarron and Duffelmeier will do for him. Reckon the trio of McCarron, Dech and Bey from 1-3 would be by far the hardest to score on in the league.

Reply #862133 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hopefully one of the below
King
Brantley
Clark
Hall

Reply #862162 | Report this post

Nix 70  
Years ago

I think Barry Crocker was a Daniel Moldovan player as well. Wonder if the slings JVG was getting will continue now Moldovan has merged with another agency. I suspect the answer to that will become evident after we learn who the imports are

Reply #862665 | Report this post

Nix 70  
Years ago

maserati's aren't cheap

Reply #862804 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wonder if the slings JVG was getting will continue now Moldovan has merged with another agency

It may in theory work for the Sixers as JvG will have a larger pool to choose from now? Still a ridiculous practice of course.

Reply #862810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JvG. Ne of the NBLs most amazing survivors, despite very poor record

Reply #863038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754