Go for it 'anon'

Reply #867232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"MiKyle McIntosh Joins the JackJumpers"

Reply #867236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Scout" you might as well be anon too with that username.
Tasmania will finish no higher than 8th this season.

Reply #867238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horrible side IMO.

Reply #867239 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yep anon might as well be an anon.

Apologies re the naming of the thread - did it quickly while at work.

MiKyle McIntosh recently played in France, looks quite solid.

The Jackjumpers may be short a big 5 but overall think the roster is strong. Imports legit on paper.

Reply #867241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game not played on paper.

Reply #867242 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

That is right anon very insightful, anything to add on the new import?

Reply #867243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah

Reply #867244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He looks ok, maybe better, pro A France is a very good league. He's listed as a three man so your front court looks very light on or undersized. Who starts in the four spot will be interesting. It certainly doesn’t look a top of the table side, bottom half at best. It’s certainly a long way from the names that were rumoured about that were going there, maybe there budget wasn’t that good.

Reply #867245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's LK's money so no need to skip on spending. For al or Roth's 'experience' it is an underwhelming side of bit players and no real stars what so ever. Let's hope he can coach. Certainly FWIH here you have to do it his way or lese.

Reply #867246 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon 245

Fair call, should be fun to watch. May be light on for bigs.

He plays in a strong league hopefully will go ok

Reply #867248 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Height/weight suggests he could slide to the 4 spot in the NBL, however doesn't rebound at a high rate. Presuming Mikhailovskii starts at the 3 spot, I guess they've got him penciled in as a small-ball 4.

Reply #867252 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Thanks to whoever updated the thread title etc.

cheers

Reply #867254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'1 J.Magette(i)/6’0 J.Weeks
6’2 J.Adams(i)/6’6 S.Mcdaniel/6’3 S.Deans(dp)
6’8 J.Mcveigh/6’8 N.Mikhailovskii(ns)/6’7 C.Steindl
6’7 M.Mcintosh(i)/6’8 F.Krslovic/6’7 J.Bairstow
6’10 W.Magnay/local c or ap

Reply #867257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Likely to see a dp pg and c.

That could mean Armstrong and a big

Reply #867258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope...

6'1 J.Magette(i)/6'0 J.Weeks/6’5 T.Armstrong(dp)
6’2 J.Adams(i)/6’6 S.Mcdaniel/6’3 S.Deans(dp)
6’8 J.Mcveigh/6’8 N.Mikhailovskii(ns)/6’7 C.Steindl
6’7 M.Mcintosh(i)/6’8 F.Krslovic/6’7 J.Bairstow
6’10 W.Magnay/6’11 A.Kouame(ap)/local c(dp)

Reply #867259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they get cam Bairstow at center

Reply #867261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The email to members reference him as a 6'7" power forward. He looks alright, but doesn't really bring much "new" to the team.

This is the team Roth wants though. Excited to see how it all translates out on the floor.

Reply #867262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He plays the three, last season kings brought in Martin and told members he'd play the five, didn’t work as he was a four man and was next to useless in the five. Hopefully that’s not the case with this man otherwise JJ’s looking very short up front.

Reply #867264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They just need a serviceable back-up C with their last spot.

Reply #867265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best backup in asia is kouame.

The best of rest in Aus/nz? No clue. Hodgson, Bairstow, Kahler has trialled, a maker, gak? Dp maybe hayes-brown

Reply #867267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gak just signed in the czech league

Reply #867268 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Years ago

Remaining local will supposedly be Matt Kenyon. Remaining DPs Sean MacDonald and Jock Perry.

Reply #867269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Antantant, none of them are Tasmanian, locals very scarce at the jumpers.

Reply #867278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't rate him then ?

Reply #867280 | Report this post

AntAntAnt  
Years ago

Locals as in non-imports.

Reply #867282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I definitely can't see them in playoffs one player to keep an eye on though is adams . I used to follow college ball pretty closely and that guy can seriously play he was inconsistent but is capable of ripping games apart when his on !

Reply #867284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The import they just announced?

Reply #867285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are people talking about ex SEM NS Terry Armstrong?

Reply #867317 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

I'm disappointed with this roster. Only 4 players that are Mc's or Mik, with only one player that is both Mc and MiK.

Reply #867318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Are people talking about ex SEM NS Terry Armstrong?" No.

Reply #867321 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That last local signing for the JJ's really needs to be a big time player for them to be genuinely competitive this season.

Reply #867324 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

Great signing. Looks big and strong and sneaky athletic for his size. I think his game will fit the NBL really well.

Reply #867325 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Looks to be ok, size and game should suit the NBL, but they still look very thin

Reply #867328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For what it's worth, McIntosh and fellow JJ's import Josh Adams were teammates back in the raptors 905 G league squad (2019?)

Also, Roth has likened McIntosh to a Jae'Sean Tate type player.

Reply #867340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magnay / Bairstow
McIntosh / McVeigh / Krslovic
Mikhailovski / Steindl
Adams / McDaniel
Magette / Weeks

This roster looks good, except for frontcourt depth. They need a back-up C with their final spot. If it's Martin as rumoured, they're going to be hugely reliant on Magnay to stay injury free and out of foul trouble.

There other challenge is four key players who don't know the NBL, there will be an adjustment period there.

Reply #867362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are going to have to win,win,win on their imports and no injuries or it's struggle street.

Reply #867365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is Martin?

Reply #867370 | Report this post

Love this game  
Years ago

I'm confused by these people posting about lack of size when the Wildcats started guys who are more suited to play SF with Jessie playing minutes at the 4 spot last season and Moody was playing out of position. If the JJ imports are legit they have a solid local 5 man. In fact the teams who went small last year had success. They have depth on the win and Jack played 4 last year I don’t see the NBL as the league that needs to have 6"10 Power Forwards this isn’t the Euro league. The season will be interesting but to say bottom of the ladder doesn’t seem accurate.

Reply #867408 | Report this post

Nachos95  
Years ago

Not sure why people think Tasmania will suck. They have a decent team. Majority of them are from Perth and a lot them helped Perth to finish in 2nd spot.

If JackJumpers can jell this team together. Watch out guys. There could be quarter finals which gives more teams to chance to make the Grand Final.

Reply #867411 | Report this post

Nachos95  
Years ago

a*

Reply #867412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm confused by these people posting about lack of size when the Wildcats started guys who are more suited to play SF with Jessie playing minutes at the 4 spot last season and Moody was playing out of position."

Jesse Wagstaff has played the 4 spot pretty much his whole NBL career. Perth last season had Mooney, Magnay and Jervis as their bigs (was originally going to be Majok). They had Mooney and Jervis the whole season.

At this stage Tasmania only have Magnay as a centre. They need another tall who can hold down the C spot in stretches. They also need a plan B should Magnay get injured, because they have zero coverage.

Reply #867414 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Agreed you can't rely solely on Magnay as your only big if something happened to him they would be in a world of trouble.

If they're able to land say Matty Hodgson with their last spot it would straighten them up but they need a big and a pretty competent one at that to be competitive.

I really want to see the JJ's hit the ground running but that roster looks more wooden spoon contending than playoff contending.

Reply #867416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ's don't have a Mooney.

Reply #867418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Hodgson to the five and magnay to the four, team takes a total new look.

Reply #867420 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Not sure why people think Tasmania will suck?"

New Team
New Coach with limited NBL experience.
No depth
Completely reliant on 3 unproven imports.

If you don't think they're a candidate for the spoon, then say who is and explain how you think the Jumpers are better?

Reply #867422 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

D.0

Perth - no Coach, no roster - spoon favourites.

Reply #867427 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/NBLpocketpod/status/1426031138791858177

Reply #867440 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Perth has the mvp you pisstaker.

Let's revisit your comment end of season

Reply #867441 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Come in spinner - yes KET was taking the piss. Chill. There are a lot of posters justifying their existence by having cheap shots at the JJ's it is to be expected.

I was having a joke.

There are quite a few having a crack at teams relying on imports / one player.

Exhibit A:

Bryce Cotton - take him away - NO Perth.

Reply #867445 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

They're not taking cheap shots you’re just ridiculously sensitive.

Everyone knows how tough it is to be a year 1 team. JJs roster doesn’t look top 4 material.

Perth have the goodwill reputation of 20+ years of making playoffs to go with cotton Norton and travers

Reply #867483 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Ket - who is being sensitive:

"Perth has the mvp you pisstaker.

Let's revisit your comment end of season"

Oh the irony!!!

I am aware the JJ's are open to criticism bring it on, it is enjoyable.

You are a tad hypocritical when you start defending Perth when I was joking!!!

Reply #867484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ket, Cotton, Norton and Travers are not guaranteeing you a top 4 finish. Perth's roster is just as vulnerable as everyone else at this stage. You do not even have a coach yet and your newly appointed associate head coach is just coming off a shocking year where he lost his team. Good luck

Reply #867485 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Do you genuinely think I'm sensitive about Perth?

Give yourself time on this forum, then you’ll laugh at that.

Reply #867486 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" You do not even have a coach yet and your newly appointed associate head coach is just coming off a shocking year where he lost his team. Good luck"

I'm not a Perth fan.

I’m just experienced in watching the NBL and didn’t start paying attention to the league this year.

Reply #867487 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

KET I said you are being sensitive - yep.

Perth are the benchmark, no doubt.

I made a joke you reacted extremely defensively.

As I said KET: chill!

Reply #867488 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" I made a joke you reacted extremely defensively."

You made an ignorant comment because you're ignorant and I called you out on it.

I’m not being defensive because I couldn’t give a shit if Perth finished bottom of the ladder - I’m not a Perth fan, I like seeing Perth lose like every other non-Perth fan.

I’m just not ignorant. There’s a clear difference.

Scout I’m sure you can be spoon fed by your wooden spoon at the end of the season.

In the mean time, good luck and hopefully with time you’ll get a better understanding!

Reply #867492 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Ket - Wow

Again -It was a joke relax mate.

As I have repeatedly said Perth are the benchmark, have also acknowledged where the weakness in the JJ's roster is.

You've been around a while; cool. Your posting is a bit touchy.

Reply #867493 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Well I mean you come across as a troll haha

I say you're a pisstaker and your response is "ooh you’re sensitive" - but then you say you were joking - so you were pisstaking.

we’re you a pisstaker? Yes.
Would I care that you took the piss? No because I don’t support Perth.

Did you follow up me saying you’re a pisstaker by having a few jabs? Yes - you decided to troll.

I have noticed you have been particularly sensitive about your team when people say how things are - maybe take your own advice and “chill” as it were?

I hope you’re not disappointed when all is said and done. Tassie are a near bottom side IMO.

Reply #867494 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Troll?

I make a joke - you have a crack, I point out it was a joke. You get all defensive.

Ok KET your insightful posting is so valuable.

Trolling I would say is more like:

"I'm sure you can be spoon fed by your wooden spoon at the end of the season."

I am more than fine with posts that actually analyse lists ie they lack a back up 5 and depth at the Point. Fair call - I agree and believe they will struggle because of that, but I will enjoy watching them.

That is discussion.

Your posting is trolling.

I am off to watch my young play in the local comp - enjoy your day all.

Reply #867495 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" I make a joke - you have a crack,"

I called you a pisstaker. You were a pisstaker - you admitted it.

“I point out it was a joke.”
Yes I know - that's why I called you a pisstaker.

You didn’t take kindly to it so then you trolled.

“You get all defensive.”

No - defensive is to avoid criticism. I said you’re a pisstaker, you admit to being a pisstaker. I’m not a Perth fan, I don’t care if you take the piss out of Perth - because you’re ignorant you thought I was a Perth fan and took heart to it.

No, I just called out your pisstake.

To be clear - Perth are mentioned because you wanted to troll Dazz because you’re over sensitive whenever Tasmania are mentioned.

You reacted to him.

You’re like trump - “I’m not sensitive, YOURE sensitive”

Cop it - say you know what yeah a Perth fan said things about my team so I decided to troll Perth.

Maybe take this as a lesson to learn not to troll.

Reply #867496 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Ket are you the moderator of this forum?

If not I have a right to post on here with a joke - you are the one trolling.

I have acknowledged that Perth are the benchmark. Here's another one - that is why we recruited one of their coaches and their players. I respect them as I have repeatedly said that does not mean I can not have a go as well.

I will jab back when post crap as I quoted:

"I'm sure you can be spoon fed by your wooden spoon at the end of the season."

If you don't like it - move on or actually make a post that analyses the Jackjumpers 3rd import. Maybe say yeah he looks ok but they will be missing a big and a back up Point Guard and will struggle, fair cop.

You need to improve how your post - maybe reflect on how you do and stop trolling.

Perth fans can look after themselves as you know. A bit of banter is fine.

You come out all righteous and not used to being questioned.

Just because you have been here a long time (as I have without posting and remember and respect Ellis, Grace, Vlahov etc the whole franchise is the benchmark) does not mean you have any more insight or value than others.

Reply #867500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth biggest loss is their coach.

Reply #867526 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Absolutely Gleeson is one of the all time greats.

Reply #867530 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sooky scout always sooking!

Reply #867531 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" I will jab back "

No mate - you started trolling when I called out your pisstake. Don't blame others for your ridiculous overreaction to Dazz.

Get over yourself, and stop getting so sooky when people give their view on the JJs.

You don’t like it? Either your team needs to get better, or suck it up buttercup.

Reply #867533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout, ignore the crap, you can't put lipstick on pigs. Imo you were joking but some punters only see what they want to see.

Reply #867537 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Cheers anon 537 - yep time to ignore this type of high level intelligent posting:

"Sooky scout always sooking!" and of a team that has not even played a game:

"your team needs to get better, or suck it up buttercup." Insightful and classy stuff.

Perths fan - yep Gleeson is one of the all time a great coaches have no doubt Perth will have structures in place to bounce back and replace him and be there abouts.

Just been down to Kingborough where the JJs are basing their players, young bloke through to his grand final next week.

Reply #867542 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I think we all hoped that the Jumpers would land some big fish in Free Agency, and they just haven't.
They could still be competitive, if their imports are good they could be be very good. A lot of unknowns, which is what keeps the NBL interesting.

But there's no basis on which to predict them doing any better than any other team. Every team has access to 3 imports, some of whom are proven stars in this league.

You best local is Magnay, who may or may not be carrying an injury, and then daylight.
With added bonus that if he does get back to his best, he's going to leave.

Reply #867552 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Fair post D2.0 - yep a lot of unknowns, as you say that is what makes the NBL interesting

FFS we have a bloke from Russia who no one knows anything about who could be a gun or could be a shocker and found out in a strong league.

Hope the last local is a big for coverage for Magnay, looking forward to it.

Reply #867553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:42 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754