Booo

Reply #867347 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

SEM certainly like the Kiwi big men.

Reply #867353 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Encouraging to see him back in the league, given he didn't make a roster last year. I was hoping the Taipans would’ve picked him up last season when Oliver was 'released’... Interestingly the JJ’s lack size, and I thought maybe another big body with somewhat of a shot, would’ve given them some nice depth… Decent signing by the Phoenix… Always nice to have big man, that can shoot as well…

Reply #867354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice. Will get the usual smith milner bashing again this season.

Reply #867356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing, low cost player that has a bit of talent and fills a need.

Reply #867364 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

It's hoops tradition unfortunately to put down the lower bench guys .

With 40min games, 11 man rosters, 3 imports , next stars and development players there aren't enough minutes to go round.

Reply #867366 | Report this post

sharod  
Years ago

Well done. Third NZ player from the Wellington Saints signing for the upcoming NBL season. Also wondering whether the Wellington side (or southern part of NZ) can make a push again joining the NBL. There are more young talents coming from that region and basketball popularity keeps reaching great hype.

Other standout NZ player with potential according to latest NBL1 and NZNBL performance:
(PG/SG) Joe Cook Green - EASTERN SUNS (NBL1) 24ppg; 4apg; 5rpg; 50%+FG
(C) Michael Karena - NW Tasmania (NBL1) 15ppg; 5rpg
(PF) Dom Kelman-Poto - Southland Sharks (NZNBL) 18ppg; 8rpg
(SF/PF) Brayden Inger - Southland Sharks (NZNBL) 14ppg; 6rpg
(Point Forward) Hyrum Harris - Bay Hawks (NZNBL) 13ppg; 8rpg; 4apg
(C) Tai Wynyard - Taranaki Airs (NZNBL) ~16ppg; 6rpg
(PF/C) Shane Temara - Manawatu Jets (NZNBL) 15.7ppg; 9rpg
(PG/SG) Jayden Bezzant - Manawatu Jets (NZNBL) 15.8ppg; 2.6apg

Reply #867374 | Report this post

Herbert Cadbury  
Years ago

Tohi looked like a different player in this year's NZNBL. He was far hungrier for the ball than I have seen previously, and was willing to go inside and do some work for his points. It would be great to see this continue on with SEM.

Reply #867380 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good to hear that was always the thing holding him back just too content to shoot from outside, if he mixed it up a bit he probably never would've fallen out of the league. Nice to see him get another shot hopefully he makes the most of it.

Reply #867397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had 30 plus in the semi, didn't get lot opportunities at United. I’m surprised the Wellington saints coach hasn’t got a nbl coaches job, very successful no matter where you have been.

Reply #867403 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

It seemed he was not in game condition and insisted on outside jumpers (that would miss) in Melbourne. Hopefully this will game at SEM - it took him a few Saints games to get in game shape, but he was active.

And I thought SEM had completed their roster because of the amount of green I see in NBL news - the joys of the JackJumpers and Phoenix sharing the 'green'.

Reply #867415 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

He didn't get opportunity at United because he never earnt it. Just didn’t work hard at all. Hope he can resurrect his career, needs to turn up fitter and smarter. I think Mitchell will be a much better coach for him than Vickerman.

Reply #867428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In tohi days at United, vickerman only played his starters plus a few bench guys, not like the new vickerman.

Reply #867444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754