XTR
Years ago

NBL2?

Will state leagues like Big V become NBL2 in the future?

Would probably see better management of senior basketball comps Australia wide.

Topic #49168 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which other competitions would fall into this category? QSL in Qld, Waratah Div 1 in NSW? Do other states have second tier competitions? Probably not worth it I don't think.

Reply #869402 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

A true knockout comp w Australia's top 32 state League teams would be pretty good.

Reply #869404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah and who's paying for that in this environment with all the uncertainty smh

Reply #869407 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Why not?

If it was treated as a brand only, and no over-all governance by any national bodies for at least 10 years.

Even include representative juniors. And not just for the sake of including "everyone'. Imagine, as a youngster, starting out in a new sport and your keen enough to want to play in a comp that leads to the top, national comp and eventually to the Boomers or NBA. And, as under 12's, they are already on the path.

NBL (as is)
NBL1 (as is, national comp in future)
NBL2 (as suggested above)

Rep-sides can simply follow with; U20 - NBL3, U18 - NBL4 down to U12 - NBL7. I don't, for a minute, expect everyone from U12's to want to become a Boomer. What harm would such a name-change be?

Reply #869415 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

and 'you're' keen enough to want to play in a comp .. tsk,tsk!

Reply #869416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea!

Reply #869434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Already mentioned in the Big V thread this week. Wouldn't it be nice. Agree

Quote from that thread,

"Maybe time to come under nbl1 umbrella. BV could take a good look at Victoria structure, financially BV would be better off and the product would be consistent. Please if you work in the BV office at least talk about it. Come on Dean."

Reply #869450 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Guess we all feel that way with our state admins.

If Only....

Reply #869451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. You need to be able to control your brand and with the lower leagues there just isn't the money to be able to do it.

Reply #869453 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

What happened to pride in playing for your assoc. I'm talking bout kids. How much money will it take for the above mentioned folk to reinforce that anything is possible if you want it. Just adding, "I play in NBL64" can mean a lot to young'uns.

But I know what you mean. I sorta mean for everything to stay the same, at rep levels, but under the same name. I like warm-and-fuzees.

Might help towards our juniors thinking of themselves as "Basketballers", playing for earnest or for fun. Most rep kids are playing for earnest. Ok for the ones who want to have fun to be part of the party, too.

Reply #869463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL2 - make it happen Larry

Reply #869493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754