Bullets
Years ago

Ian Stacker’s Son Found Dead

This is sad news. Rest In Peace

https://www.7news.com.au/news/nsw/melbourne-fathers-plea-after-son-jackson-stackers-death-near-sleepy-hollow-road-stop-c-4143741.amp

Topic #49286 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

We are in disbelief of the loss of our beautiful son, brother, grandson, cousin, nephew and friend, Jackson James Stacker. Our hearts are forever broken. Jackson went missing last month, July, in New South Wales. After an extensive search, his remains were found at Sleepy Hollow, Northern Rivers, near Byron Bay.

We are forever grateful to the community, our friends, family and the Byron / Tweed Heads Police who tirelessly searched for him.

This is our, and any parents' worst nightmare, further complicated by Covid, restrictions, physical and police and forensics. We feel greatly for the other families of missing loved ones in the Byron area and our hearts and love go out to other grieving families.

Jackson was a pure and beautiful, free spirit; a dedicated animal and nature lover; a short part of his unfinished story. We can only hope his passing was serene, in keeping with his love of the peace, people and nature, he sought out in his short life.

Reply #873071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commiserations to the family, horrible news for all families. Very sad news.

Reply #873074 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Shocking news, I send my commiserations to the family. Such tragic news. Couldn't imagine what the family would be going through.

Reply #873080 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What a tragedy to have to go through, poor family

Reply #873082 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Wishing the Stacker family strength through this time.

Reply #873090 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More than one month on, and with an inconclusive autopsy report, Ian is now taking the investigation into his own hands.

"Because his body had been in the elements so long, the autopsy wasn't able to reveal a cause of death so we don’t know whether the death was self-inflicted, accidental or foul play," he said.

Police have, however, been able to identify the last time Jackson’s phone moved - July 22 - and believe he likely died soon after.

'Did anyone see him? Was he alone or with somebody?’

The father is appealing for information on social media and pleading for anyone who was in the area, may have seen his son, or captured something on their dashcam, to come forward.
Hope he gets some closure.

Reply #873092 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's sad that fictional shows create such high expectations of autopsies.

My Niece was found dead in bed, deceased at most a couple of days, probably less.

The Autopsy was unable to unable to establish a cause of death.
She was epileptic, depressed, and self-medicating for a painful back injury. It's conceivable she had a seizure and choked, or took too much medication, regurgitated and choked, or even that she overdosed accidentally or on purpose.

What makes it especially painful is that such deaths require a coronial inquest, that my brother and his wife felt obligated to sit through, and it provided no closure.

Reply #873131 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Wow. I didn't make the family connection until I read this.

It did seem weird all along. It was reported locally, with appeals for people who’d seen him. There have been a few strange disappearances and deaths around here, with a lot of young tourists even now.

My condolences to the family.

Reply #873300 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

This is terribly sad.

Reply #874518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754