Bullets
Years ago

Jessup returns

Justinian Jessup has been confirmed to return.

https://nbl.com.au/news/jessup-to-soar-again-with-hawks

Topic #49379 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another nice piece to the hawks, won't need to be there second best scoring option, so should be even better.

Reply #875580 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

This makes the Hawks quite dangerous and hard to defend.

This year they won't have the dead weights of Adel and Bairstow*.

They should make the playoffs easily, and perhaps advance one round further?

* Sorry Jick.

Reply #875586 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

To be fair, Bairstow was a great 6th man until the injury (whatever it was).

Reply #875589 | Report this post

Years ago

Three top guards is going to make it good for the hawks. If Cleveland flies at shooting forward they will go close.

Reply #875601 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

I can't wait to see how the Illawarra Hawks will go in NBL22.

I won't be surprised if they can't qualify for finals, because it all depends how their two new imports go plus Duop Reath.

Reply #875604 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I have been crowing about Next Stars doing so well in the NBA as rookies (Ball & Giddey).

What does Jessup's not making the Warrior's team-list and return to the NBL mean to him, and to the Next Stars program?
a) Just not there yet, another year and he'll be ready?
or
b) No thanks. Good luck. NBL is his standard?

This "hoopsrumours" article is interesting:
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/11/warriors-2020-second-rounder-jessup-returns-to-australia.html

Reply #875605 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd say in-between A and B - they no doubt see something in him (and he has shown flashes of greatness here, especially early in the season), but don't think he's ready yet. Give him another year in in the NBL and see how he goes in summer league next year.

I don't think it does anything to the NBA's view of the Next Stars program. Jessup is more of what I expected the Next Stars program would be - a place for NBA teams to stash their 2nd round picks and see how they perform in a league that is of a much higher quality than the G-League.

Reply #875606 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Jessup makes the Hawks favourites imo. He will come back a better player, and make an even better fit with Harvey.

I'm thinking XRM will be in total control of the team once Harvey checks out of the game/in total control of the second unit.

Starters should be, imo:

Harvey
Jessup
Cleveland
Reath
Froling

Reply #875608 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Be interesting for sure. But if Illawarra's import don’t preform at a high level. Then they have no chance making the top-4.

Cleveland and Xavier seem like average players.

There’s 10 teams now, good luck Illawarra.

Reply #875611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Elite spot up shooter. Not sure he does anything else at a high level.

Reply #875613 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Cleveland will be a star, far from just average

Reply #875624 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Yeah I don't hate on Jessup or his game but he could become so much more complete and I don't think the Warriors are of the feeling that Goorj will make him a worse player so what do they have to lose?

I feel sorry for the young guards at Illawarra as they had really impressive moments throughout last season and they won't see much court time later in the season.

I really like this squad and remember that they have Harry Froling that is good for one match winning game a season and his ever improving brother.

Reply #875650 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754