Victoria Titans
Years ago

NBL Articles Gone?

I just noticed on the NBL website that all the old articles from 2015 to 2020 are gone. It was working 9 days ago.

Hopefully the NBL are just working on their website. It just sucks all the past information on player signings, game reports, preseason is all gone.

NBL has always been tough to get past information from. It's bad websites keep removing past information.

Topic #49400 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl websites have always been crap like that

there does appear to be news from mid December 2019 still https://nbl.com.au/news?year=2019

but yep, everything back from then is gone

Reply #875978 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Use the Wayback Machine at archive.org.

Reply #875980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The current website doesn't save well like the old website did (before 2018). You will come across a lot of unusable archives.

Reply #875988 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Website before was much better. Website their currently using now is Frankly.

NBL should use Genius Sports Group. British league (bbl.org.uk) are a good example. Their storage seems to be much better on their site. Their history is up to date. Only issue is with BBL site is their standings are poor. They do use the same boxscores which NBL still uses made by Genius.

NBL used to be with Genius back in 2016 I think?

Much easier navigate then poor unusable archives.

The NBL standings from 1979 to 2009 are a joke.

Reply #875989 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

All the classic games gone from NBL TV. Box scores for NBL1 were removed months ago. Just an all out effort to bury the league's history.

Reply #875993 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Classic games are still there and highlights going back to 2015 when Townsville were in the league.

Reply #876002 | Report this post

Jackie Moon  
Years ago

@Victoria Titans - what is it about the 1979-2009 standing that make them a joke? Genuine question.

Reply #876035 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

@Jackie Moon standings from 1979 to 2009 include their finals records. There not regular season standings like the NBL Wikipedia standings.

There was a tiebreaker system that the NBL used till the 2016/17 season. Now they just use Points For and Against percentage.

If they used tiebreakers still then United may of not made finals in 2019/20. Would of been a tiebreak with Brisbane and New Zealand who had the best record against each other.

Lucky someone on Wikipedia fixed all the standings which is a relief. The standings were wrong for years.

Reply #876079 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Even on Wikipedia there was a battle between editors at one point because some didn't understand how the ladder and seedings worked.

Reply #876081 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

You can watch game replays still, but it's all hidden on NBL TV.

Still annoyed the old articles are gone. So many reference are gone.

Reply #876165 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Great news everyone. NBL fixtures are working. NBL and all teams are working from 2015 to now.

Reply #876322 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Wait I meant news articles are working....

Reply #876323 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

Not all articles. Looks like they're still working on it.

None have headings if you look at the links. Not sure what the website developers are doing?

Website was completely fine before..

Reply #876341 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

I know, I checked. Typical NBL website.

Reply #876342 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Years ago

I found all the old articles. NBL website use to have their old article links as news/articles but now all articles are just /news, typical..

Reply #876697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754