Big time my man

Reply #876943 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

but it always derails.

Reply #876944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look ok, I certainly would not put my house on it though.

Reply #876945 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Playoffs locked in. Perth to miss

Reply #876950 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Yeah, good topic. You're talking to me. I was very impressed with the Bullets last night then realized, been there, done that, before, and ended up disappointed each time.

Much too early to predict but Bullets DID play well tonight! LP was stunning. He made every Bullet look good. Team shoots 66%, 6 in double figures, 10 played more than 10 mins (LP the most with 28+), all-round good performance.

Well done and congrats James D!

You Perth fans have a lot to be happy about too. Cotton is back and OK, Travers is showing signs of developing into a Delaney-type influence, Purchase will duplicate what Traverse brought last season, and we all know what a healthy Vic Law can do. Frazier hasn't impressed, so far and you do lose in the C position. Hodgson and Majok will be adequate but neither are Mooney. Law, in the front-court, with one of the Cs, will lessen the loss of Mooney.

IMO, 8 of the 10 teams will all have a say in the make up of the final-4. Cairns are disappointing and Tasmania will take a season or 2 to become any real threat.

From the remainder, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, South East Melbourne, Illawarra, Sydney, New Zealand and Brisbane, only Perth look like front-runners, and that's mainly because they usually are. The rest will be sharing W/L points all season long. If Perth don't live up to their hard earned reputation, that will make it even tighter.

Reply #876972 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

All-too-early playoff (assuming playoffs is top 4) predictions:

SEM
Hawks
Kings
Bullets

This is based off rosters staying the same, but it's obvious United will bring in one or two more imports and blow our minds mid-season. Haven't yet seen Hukporti, but they need more firepower

Reply #876986 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah yeah, I need to fit New Zealand into that top 4. Brisbane/NZ. Probably only one will make it

Reply #877008 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Manu

Go hard or go home. Can't hedge your bets old bean. "Only one will make it" out of Brisbane/ NZ.

Have some confidence.

This season looks so even, and bullet train tracks are built with even topography (few hills unflattened).

Seriously, it looks really open for now. It probably will be won by the team with the most resources to spend mid season to separate themselves from the pack, and even that may not work.

Reply #877113 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, well I'll back in the Buzzas despite my intuition telling me New Zealand is a lot better chance.

BUZZ CITY.

Reply #877140 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm not sold on the Hawks import point guard but if he can take the pressure off of Harvey then they are my favorites.

If Trice’s replacement is a dud then I’d love to see them replacing for another playmakers alternatively their backcourt off the bench looks good too so Goorj has a lot of options

Reply #877144 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Proud, XRM is a damn good player. Think of him as Ayinde Ubaka. Combo guard who can get himself open any time he wants off the dribble, and a solid 3pt shot. He can get teammates involved also. He's the least of the Hawks concern. He will likely come off the bench anyway to run the second unit. Jessup certainly won't come off the bench.

Harvey
Jessup
Celevand
Froling/Reath
Reath/Froling

Xavier Rathan-Mayes
Naar
White
Froling (the XL version)
Ogilvy
the other guys

Reply #877174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754