Perthworld
Years ago

36ers vs Hawks 05/12/2021

Where are thou, Jack Toft?

Topic #49505 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

art*

Big Joe on the Hawks bench now. What an NBL journeyman.

Reply #878104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People learn eventually. Journeymen usually are so for a reason.

Reply #878105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hannahs is struggling. Could be the first import cut this season.

Reply #878106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Different year. Same rubbish served up. Send Hannah's (and JVG) now

Reply #878109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petty having an immediate impact. God it makes me sick seeing him on bench!

Reply #878110 | Report this post

Pug  
Years ago

We are terrible! Embarrassing club all round

Reply #878111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd looks extremely low?

Reply #878112 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Some of the worst transition D I have ever seen.

Reply #878113 | Report this post

Busterkobe  
Years ago

Garbage from Adelaide. No defence, no offence, can't hit a pass. Amateur stuff. Hopefully just because they are still gelling together but looks bad. Heads down, sloppy and lazy

Reply #878114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope JVG got a good sling for bringing Hannahs in because he's providing little else.

Reply #878115 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

17 turnovers to 2

Reply #878116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When bairstows your best player, you know you've got a crap roster

Reply #878117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if I can watch much more of this rubbish. 6ers promise the world every year and deliver and atlas

Reply #878118 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

This is pretty bad for a home game.

Defence is bad.

Offence disjointed.

CJ getting outcoached.

Reply #878119 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

Remember a few saying XRM was a crap signing. He has been good, makes tough shots, and another scoring ball handler, shot creator with good size (6'4) and looks like is an okay team defender.

Have been impressed with Blitz and Current performance. Would welcome him at the taipans next year! hahaha

Reply #878120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We got no structure. Hawks wide open all day.

Reply #878121 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Yeah. XRM looks a perfect fit steadying that second unit. Lots of weapons in this Hawks team.

Macca dropping his head way to often. Not a good look.

Reply #878122 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Not home to watch it, assume it's bad? Hannahs no better than Friday night?
Not unexpected though, Hawks have best coach, most talented lineup and more continuity form last season.
Probably need Hannahs replaced for a legit scorer that is taller, and we may need a third import too. Who would’ve thought it???

Reply #878123 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's fine, we'll get NBA superstar Kai Sotto in soon and we'll be fine

Reply #878124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awful crowd for first home game v a championship contender. And no one in pracing pony deck, but no surprise there opting for lunchtime Sunday game.

Reply #878125 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Pretty sure that holding foul on Jessup on the fast break at the 4:42 mark should've been an unsportsmanlike going by precedent

Reply #878126 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Our imports have been grossly outplayed by the oppositions imports in these first two games. Import selection has been this teams major issue since we made the grand final in 2018. How can this part of the Sixers recruiting continue to be so poor year after year?

Reply #878127 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Aye there you go. Right on cue with the USF

Reply #878128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunday Dech must be wishing he stayed in Illawarra

Reply #878129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now we can't even make free throws

Reply #878130 | Report this post

TaipansTragic  
Years ago

ADL finishing last this year, if they continue to have their imports play poorly. Outplayed. Outcoached.

Reply #878131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Adelaide win more than 5 games this season?

Reply #878132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could 6ers start paying a 4th coach before the year is out?

Reply #878133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Grant Kelly, enough is enough. You have long enough. Time for someone else to have a go. Our brand is broken.

Reply #878134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You assume anyone else is willing to dump money into owning an NBL team in Adelaide.

Reply #878135 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Withers has been fine considering they run zero plays for the guy.

Bairstow also a nice addition but the rest were way bellow par.

Hawks on the other hand looking solid all round.

Reply #878136 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

This is going to be a long season for the 36ers if this is the team they're going to stick with. Looks to me like Hannahs is a fantastic player when playing againgst G League defenses that are disorganized and don't really care about winning, just individually pumping stats. But against the teams we've seen here, he's essentially useless. But yeah, let's have two starting undersized guards!

And that brings me to Mitch McCarron. We didn't learn from our first foray into trying to turn combo guards into starting point guards, so we had to try it again. McCarron can get away with it when he plays for a stacked roster that helps compensate for his own shortcomings. But when he's "the guy" for Adelaide, it doesn't work. The guy can't run an offence. The "no-look" passes are cute, but pretty obvious. The " behind the back" passes are flashy. But he lacks substance as a player. He's no Josh Giddey. He doesn't have a particularly high basketball IQ.

It should shock 36er fans to know that the Kings actually wanted McCarron, but when they found out what Adelaide were offering him they went and go Jaylen Adams. I want you to mull over that. Only a team completely out of touch with the league and what players are actually worth would pay McCarron either more than Adams, or enough that Adams wouldn't have been infinitely more expensive to necessitate King's decision.

Mojave King - garbage. He's not going to the NBA. Let's stop any talk of that right now.

Todd Whithers has all the attributes of a baller but seems very limited in ability or output.

Isaac Hunphries is still finding rhythm. Johnson is being his usual, frustrating self. The only real bright spark has been Cam Bairstow.

If Adelaide want to make the finals they need to drop Hannahs and Withers. Drop one of the bench Aussies. Bring in an import point guard, shooting guard and a different small forward. This team is rubbish as is.

Reply #878137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Serious question. JVGs win loss record? How does he survive? Surely this will be last club, and hopefully last year he's involved in?

Reply #878138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide needs their future NBA lottery pick Kai "The Kaiju" Sotto. They are really lacking talent and have no rim protectors. Humphries is way out of shape and Johnson is just terrible on the defensive end. The Kaiju will save CJs job.

Reply #878139 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Hannahs the best three point shooter outside NBA just shows how deluded some are. Very ordinary and for an undersized guard, he's not gonna cut it,
Withers fine but we need three good imports to be competitive and we have got one decent, one poor and no third. Stupid move.

Reply #878140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hannahs will be home for Christmas.

Reply #878141 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Do you think there are people lining up to open the 36ers?

I suppose we ought not to throw the baby out with the bath water - two good sides, some cold shooting we wouldnt expect to continue, Dech injured, Goorj teams are ultra defensive etc.

However - Adelaide really are struggling in ways that are very obvious, ways that we could foresee.

Hannahs 0-6 from three in two games is really bad. Only 6 shots from outside, he intentionally didn't take shots that he should have choosing to drive instead. We need him to actually take those shots from the outside and stretch the defence. It doesn’t help to assist the defence playing a zone, means our bigs have a hard time and more hands picking off passes going in.

Choosing not to take shots that were available is one thing- being able to create that shot is another. Just looks physically outmatched. In Australia you don’t get wide open threes like the US, there needs to be some shot creation.

When you need scores, give the ball to DJ - three quarters of the game DJ was missing. Give him the ball, and get him shooting.

King needs to relax a little, try to play a more balanced game.

Adelaide still can’t defend the rim if their life depended on it. How long until they hit the realisation? How many games in a hole will they be?

Reply #878142 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

To own the 36ers***

Reply #878143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JVG, you know there's more than one agent in the basketball world? Our imports are duds. In your three years with the 6ers, that’s about 10 dud imports in a row you’ve bought in!

Reply #878144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I can't work out is why they signed McCarron and Hannah's when's they already had Dech. Combine them and you'd have a good player, but we've overpayed locals and brought the next Christopherson in.
Should have got a scoring import point alongside Dech and used McCarrons money towards another gun scorer at 3 or 4.
And what's going on with Marshall hitting the court in important stages. Way to throw him in deep end.

Reply #878145 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's not as simple as who owns the team, it is who constructs the team. They need to get JVG the hell away from NBL basketball he's a cancer. Accidentally put together ONE good team in his life (where the salary cap was completely smashed btw) and suddenly he's got a lifelong job in the league.

Reply #878146 | Report this post

Frogmanbaby  
Years ago

Did anyone notice on the first possession of the game, Humphries got away with an epic travel? I counted 10 steps, it was Kendrick Perkins-esque!

Reply #878147 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I feel like in the NBL you need an 8 player rotation, with two further players that are happy to get minutes, one that can knockdown an open three and another that's serviceable as a big.

I just don’t see Adelaide winning games if they have to give decent minutes to King, Sotto, Duffelmeier, Bairstow, Dech - assuming that’s the bench, that’s too many minutes to benchies.

It really needed to DJ/Dech/Duffelmeier as the main minutes bench, with two guys that you don’t have to give minutes to - Bairstow perhaps given what he has provided, and another guard that probably wouldn’t get any time - even Marshall.

Starting 5 - Hannahs might need to be replaced. Can’t have our imports combining for 14 points. That won’t cut it.

Reply #878148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TaipansTragic said "ADL finishing last this year, if they continue to have their imports play poorly. Outplayed. Outcoached."

Pretty sure Taipans will have that spot.

Reply #878152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way it's looked, Cairns and JJ might get the wins on Sixers.
Did CJ make any adjustments the whole game? Endscore didn't reflect how far apart the teams were.

Reply #878153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey, hey - why everyone so negative - we won the pre-season cup - hairs on the back of my neck stood up today when we were presented it. Sadly looks like all down hill after that though

Reply #878155 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

How crap have the 6ers imports been over the last 5-6 years?
I mean Jerome was great at the start, but hero ball and unlikely to win you a title. Childress was good but injured. Wiley was a highlight machine i guess. Crocker and Sloan awful. Griffin was as bad as defender as DJ, maybe worse.
I feel Mitch, Isaac, DJ, Dech and Bairstow is a solid local contingent.
Add two stud imports and a third who plays a role, we would be a top 4 chance.
This is just taking the pi55. Not much to get excited by for local fans honestly.

Reply #878157 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You've changed your tune quickly.

Reply #878159 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

"Hannas will be home for Christmas “

He looks like he hasn't stopped eating from last Christmas. Another B grade import, who has big tickets on himself.
The standard of NBL is so much better now. You can’t afford to miss with your imports. We all know JVG is no good,
but junior is going to have to improve pretty quickly. I really struggled to see what their brand is, apart from no D.

Reply #878160 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

@Perthworld, who has changed their tune?

Reply #878161 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I said in the predictions thread that Sixers were a lock to miss the playoffs and you replied with a snotty comment.

Reply #878163 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Because you're a troll sometimes

Reply #878166 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sixers are my second team.

Really sad how Keeley appointed a used car salesman in JvG who then employs yes men coaches who have to work with imports only from Moldovan and how it's fucked the franchise.

Reply #878168 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Years ago

People need to calm down. Sixers played two of the best teams in the league after spending 3 weeks on the road. Added to that Dech is a huge loss to this team. The only player in the team that can guard Cotton, Harvey, and Jessup whilst still being consistent in offense.

Once Dech is back Hannahs will come off the bench with less pressure. I am less concerned with Hannah's then I am with Withers. The guy is an extremely lazy defender, doesn't sprint back, can't keep someone in front of him, can't even be bothered to raise his hand up when a player is shooting the ball. He reminds me of Pinder who would give up 8 points for the same reasons mentioned above and then finally get a block and everyone would go "He is a really good defender". Hannahs just looked unconfident and or tired, rather than teams have worked him out. He just missed uncharacteristic shots, had poor body language and second guessed himself.

The turnovers and poor effort was most disappointing today. CJ needed to put on Gattorna earlier. Someone with Heart and effort.

Humphries should come off the bench to take the pressure off of him until he gets his form back. Can still play the same minutes.

Hopefully Dech will be back soon. Manu and possibly Sotto will help with spot minutes

Reply #878171 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Lol. Perth world you said they were a lock to miss the playoffs.
Now you may be correct but I'm old fashioned, I like to see Teams play play before writing them off.
Nice memory though. Still think you’re a wanker, just a wanker who is probably correct this time!

Reply #878172 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Came home from other commitments and looked up Hoops for the 36ers results. Read the posts on this thread and from the posts thought that 36ers must have lost between 20 - 30 points and lost most of the stats.

Looked up the results on the NBL site and see they only lost by 10 points, and won both the first and last quarters. That can be a bit deceptive with garbage time though.

Then I looked at the stats

38ers shot 2pts slightly better
Shot 3pts 5% better
Won the rebounds by 10
had 5 more assists
Fouls about even

Then the negatives - free throws at 53%
21 to 9 turnovers

Guess that was the story of the game in those two stats.

Poor foul shooting by professionals is no excuse.

Turnovers may be due a bit due to the players not having game time together.

I can understand the fans frustration though as it seems that lessons from previous seasons are not learnt, both onb and off court.

Reply #878173 | Report this post

Full stop guy  
Years ago

Why is it such a trait to be so negative.. only 2 games into very long season.. once IH gets more match fitness along with dech.. CJ as new and rookie coach will take some time to impact his philosophy..preseason gave enough hints the team has weapons.stability and trust in team structures. .let's remain positive and give guys another 5 or 6 games to gell. No need to panic.some of you are jumping at shadows...

Reply #878175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mccaron and Humphries take most of your money, there isn't much left for good imports, Humphries really has to lift Mccaron will be fine, early days for Sixers against two very good sides, hopefully they can move forward from here.

JVG spent three years at kings for one finals campaign and spent a sqillion.

Reply #878176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No atmosphere.. went today and have to admit it sucked.. when the team first moved to entertainment centre is was awesome, last year was disappointing due to covid.. this year looks it looks like a half baked operation.. on court presentation is terrible, cube sucks this year.. what happened to the stats??! Overall whoever runs the match day needs to be talked to.. hopefully we can get back to what it used to be..

Reply #878178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree - half-assed show now - poor turn-up probably didn't help, but hardly a surprise playing at Sunday lunchtime

Reply #878179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not only is the coach in trouble; 36ers staff clearly slacking off as no positive comments on here!!! Lazy day all round by the Club.

Reply #878180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stats were a disgrace! surely a one-off. Cant keep serving that up. and what was the crowd? in the past they told us during each game. Maybe too embarrassed to say?

Reply #878181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4800 punters, poor turn up.

Reply #878183 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Looked up the results on the NBL site and see they only lost by 10 points, and won both the first and last quarters. That can be a bit deceptive with garbage time though."

36ers were down by 15-19pts for most of the game that counted. Fourth quarter Hawks stopped trying - the 10 point loss looks a lot better than it really was.

“ People need to calm down. Sixers played two of the best teams in the league after spending 3 weeks on the road.”

They lost to a very undermanned Perth - more so than we were, and Hawks at home. How do you propose for Adelaide to make the top 4 if they're losing those games?

Negativity is reasonable to the extent that they aren’t looking like a competitive proposition at the moment and just dropped 2 games they probably would want to win if they wanted to make finals.

Reply #878188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Score definitely did not reflect how dominant Hawks were. Should have been 30 point loss. And just the general play was worrying. Dumb turnovers and terrible imports.

Reply #878189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just read a tweet from Jarrod Walsh thanking Max Events for a great match day experience. I can't believe a Melbourne company runs the match for an Adelaide team. Nothing like looking after locals. What a joke!

Reply #878204 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Local doesn't mean better

Reply #878205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4,800!!!! that would have to be worst crowd since the Findon days? and if they keep serving up that crap, it might be the best for the year!

Reply #878206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey Grant Kelly, time to out some of that money us members pay into a 3rd import - by God we need something

Reply #878208 | Report this post

Devon Ham Fan  
Years ago

I was personally at the game also, myself and the kids thought it was absolutely fantastic. Obviously a loss isn't ideal, but was a great event and I thought the atmosphere was phenomal (especially for a Sunday afternoon game). I suggest you should avert from demising others hard work and focus on stacking your own bread. Anyway, hope the 36ers improve, along with your stinky attitude king. Go well and always remember to keep your stick on the ice!

Reply #878221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kai Sotto is import quality. Will be the rim protector that Adelaide are lacking. I expect him to have a bigger impact than Zhou Qi.

Reply #878222 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I think we should calm down the negativity on the club.

Its only 2 games in (this will probably bite me on the backside).

I am seeing things that are concerning, our defence is not great, but I am willing to give a bit of grace on this given our best 2 defenders are out (Dech) and not back to full fitness (IH).

The imports seem to have gone back into their shells, after a decent showing in the Blitz.

I think we should give CJ and the imports a bit more rope and let the game plan evolve.

I don't have an arbitrary figure but if the team were say 2-4 after six games, I'd want action taken.

Why are people sticking it to 4K McCarron? He was probably the best local guard available as a free agent. I would take McCarron above Delly (Delly of 21/22).Yes we have tried the Gobbo combo guard experiment but McCarron is a much betyter player overall.

I don't mind saying Bairstow is proving me wrong, he together with DJ's offence has been the highlights.

We've got a pretty tough schedule coming up too which doesn't help.

Cairns in Cairns is an automatic percentage booster win.

But then its 3 home games of PER, SEM then PER again.

Heart says we should be able to win at least 2 of those home games to be 3-3 which would barely be a pass mark for a championship aspirant.

I know we can't afford to fall from the pack early on like last year but 2 games in is too soon to be talking about sending imports home etc.

Reply #878227 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" I don't have an arbitrary figure but if the team were say 2-4 after six games, I'd want action taken."

You're not giving them rope then - going 2-2 means you’re claiming a Cairns in QLD scalp plus a Perth scalp. They’re highly unlikely to get it done against a powerhouse SEM.

2-2 would be a decent scenario for Adelaide, 1-3 more likely.

If Adelaide went 3-1 that’d be an extreme turnaround from what we have seen.

Reply #878230 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Also you've missed round 2 vs Tasmania and NZ

Which are important games Adelaide will want to square the ledger.

Reply #878231 | Report this post

Full stop guy  
Years ago

Glad few others are suggesting let's not get to over the top with an early lost. Enough games ahead clearly to easily move into a strong positive win lost. Cam B been very sold. Unfortunately Dech not on court but think be much different when Dech Cam IH are producing with MM.. let's take slow steps carefully before pulling the trigger on doom gloom.. still looking forward to very entertaining season..few hurdles but be highlights aplenty..hope CJ can unleash the machines in DJ and IH then be some havoc

Reply #878233 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You watch us beat the living crap out of Adelaide to have a 2-1 record after three games

Reply #878235 | Report this post

Peanut Satay  
Years ago

This is my first game back watching the Sixers at home since Covid hit and it didn't feel like it was at the same level as has been in previous years?
- Crowd interaction seemed lacking (maybe due to crowd numbers)
- Cube could be used better.. look at nba for examples. Can we see more stats?! Also are we just playing the tv feed?
- still using same intro and promos as 2 years ago. It didn’t feel different. Kids enjoyed it but meh!
- As for the team, I know the team are getting the feel for each other, but after a great pre-season I was expecting a little more. I’m sure we’ll get better.

Reply #878254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

- Bruton trying to be Mr. Nice Guy and give everybody minutes. All that means is you have 10 pissed off guys rather than 7/8 happy with the others in their place. Injuries make it easier to coach, not harder.
- DP's don't see the court in meaningful minutes. Out of their depth and not sure what the coaches expected them to do. Got torched in both games.
- Bairstow to start, with DJ to the bench. Won't happen but it should.
- Only 2 games in but calling it now. Hannah's is a bust. Will have the odd good game but is too small and can't defend. Too much smoke blown up his arse.
- Withers needs the ball more.
- McCarron is frustrated already.
- Dufelmeier needs to play more. Give those DP minutes to him. Had a slow start but will come good.
- Humphries out of shape at the beginning of a season.....again. How?
- Of the outs Dech is the main one that can help get a win. If they persist though with playing everyone, his minutes will be diluted and not as effective.
- King is not going to the NBA. Is lazy.
- D transition is horrible and is the first thing to show up when players aren't held accountable at the defensive end. Rocket time, but will it be delivered?????

Reply #878261 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I don't think Cairns in Cairns will be easy at all. Be lucky to win, don’t think it will be a % booster whatsoever.

Reply #878265 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

McCarron can get away with it when he plays for a stacked roster that helps compensate for his own shortcomings. But when he's "the guy" for Adelaide, it doesn't work. The guy can't run an offence.

Agree with this - he isn't a natural PG and I always suspected playing on a strong United made it much easier for him. Also can't volume score so not an SG but a weird inbetweener.

Reply #878266 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Watching the game yesterday even though it was close in the first half you just knew with a Goorjian coached team they would get serious in the second half and they put us to the sword in the third quarter.

For the Hawks I really liked the look of Reath he looks legit. Harvey and to a lesser degree Jessup are just great to watch especially Harvey getting in all the cracks. Cleveland is extremely athletic but seems to be lacking a bit very similar type to Simon willing to play D and do the dirty work for the team. Harry still looks like crap but I guess the Hawks have to do what they can to keep Sam happy.

On the Sixers I still question the logic of breaking the bank on signing McCarron a handy player jack of all trades/master of none type who as others have including myself have always said isn't a true PG. Disappointing to know we out bid the Kings for his services and they had to 'settle' for a PG from the NBA.

Imports wise Withers looks okay and looks like he could offer more but Hannahs as the primary import doesn't appear up to it. How he played in the NBA I'll never know. A supposed lights out knockdown shooter who can't hit a shot is concerning. There doesn't appear to be much else to his game either looks a short 6'4" and too slightly built. Probably best to pull the trigger asap on him but give Withers more time.

Bairstow has been quite impressive it's novel to see someone playing for us with a bit of ticker. It might not last long before he gets enough serious injury but ride him while you can. I'd actually prefer him starting over DJ but I know that's not going to happen and CJ would've only been appointed with strict instructions not to rock the DJ boat like Henry was threatening to do.

I would like to see more time for Dufelmeier and am keen to see how Malou and Harris look especially Malou given some of the monster blocks he had in the QBL we probably haven't had a seriously intimidatory shot blocker since Willie Simmons.

Reply #878269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The JackJumpers is a game that Hannah could get going. If he stinks it up though and they lose I'd be pulling the pin on him. Yes, it's that ruthless. For a so called 'shooter' that is hesitant to shoot there are far better options around. Jeremy Kendle would do a better job at half the price.

Reply #878272 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sixers have got two games this round again Tassie on Thursday and NZB on Sunday, if he's still not firing by then after the Blitz games and four regular season games you've really got to pull the trigger before the bad PR and the losses start to mount. You can already see he's struggling with confidence and forcing things.

The Sixers held onto Sloan a bit too long early last season along with messing about with in-between import Kendle by the time Brandon Paul was signed it was going to be too late anyway.

Reply #878273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the story with quarantine with imports ATM, even though it can change in a second. Assume they're not coming from southern Africa, fully vaccinated, how long are they off shelf. Just another black mark against this club.

Reply #878282 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Also you've missed round 2 vs Tasmania and NZ

Thanks for that, not sure how I missed those.

The heart says :

@ TAS - Win.
NZB - Win
@ CRN - Win.
PER - Loss
SEM - Loss
PER - Win

The mind says :

@ TAS - Loss.
NZB - Win
@ CRN - Win.
PER - Loss
SEM - Loss
PER - Win (I say win because I expect playing them a third time so close together we would learn to counter their schemes).

At the end of Round 6 if we are 3 - 5, we could give CJ a bit more Grace given our injuries and playing Perth thrice. But we can't hold out for long.

The front office should already be checking the player market with one finger on the import slot trump card button.

Reply #878286 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Team and crowd only moderate. Management not friendly to fans getting it back.

Reply #878288 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Damm tough first half a dozen games... tassy is a given win..cairns and breakers locks. Get game off Perth.. is critical.. 3 game stretch that's real tough..

Reply #878293 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"Bairstow has been quite impressive it's novel to see someone playing for us with a bit of ticker. It might not last long before he gets enough serious injury but ride him while you can. I'd actually prefer him starting over DJ but I know that's not going to happen and CJ would've only been appointed with strict instructions not to rock the DJ boat like Henry was threatening to do."

Agreed that Bairstow has been very good so far Zodiac. Loving his effort levels!
Starting DJ instead of him is not just CJ keeping JVG and DJ happy though. DJ is just flat out a better fit starting next to Humphries because he can stretch the floor. Bairstow and Humphries would get in each others way and clog up the paint.

In some matchups, they could start Withers next to Humphries instead. But I like Bairstow as our Sixth man, he is bringing great energy when he comes in and has the experience and skills to take advantage of opposing backups.

Reply #878300 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Starting DJ instead of him is not just CJ keeping JVG and DJ happy though. DJ is just flat out a better fit starting next to Humphries because he can stretch the floor. Bairstow and Humphries would get in each others way and clog up the paint.

Yeah you're right it was an aspect I hadn't considered Humphries and Bairstow don't offer the variation and spacing that Humphries and DJ do.

Reply #878304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you say it'll be given wins against the next few opponents. Lucky to get 1 win.

Reply #878306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree Camel 31 - seems to have been a real change in style of management this season - just not as interested or engaged.

Reply #878314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another Sixers team without a soul

Reply #878337 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

seems to have been a real change in style of management this season - just not as interested or engaged.

Why would Sixers Management spend all this money on Humphries, DJ, McCarron, King, Duffelmeier and all the other bits just to purposely p!ss off the fan base?

What is the payoff?

Reply #878359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754