Anonymous
Years ago

Game Review Panel Findings

Well that was a farce.

Mason Peatling (Melbourne United) was charged with Unduly Rough Play and Engaging in a Melee/Brawl.

The incidents were assessed as a two-game suspension and $500 fine, but Peatling accepted a one-game suspension and $375 fine with an early guilty plea.

All eight other findings were $500 fines reduced to $375 due to guilty pleas.

WOW

Topic #49553 | Report this topic

Cram  
Years ago

Considering the NBL uses the melee the hype the league it would be hypocritical for them to then severely punish all the players involved

Reply #879343 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Seems reasonable - what's the issue?

Reply #879344 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Looks right to me.
Peatling gets the biggest punishment as he was the main antagonist, everyone else a slap on the wrist.

Reply #879346 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

Thought Creek might cop a bit more given he retaliated. Seems reasonable otherwise.

Reply #879350 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would've given Peatling 2 games and Creek 1 game for his OTT response.

Reply #879353 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If nobody retaliated after the Peatling hit, would it have been anything more than a non-disqualifying USF and everyone moves on?

Reply #879359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Peatling hit Creek in the temple and he hit the floor head first and died would anything more have been made of it?

Hypotheticals .....

Reply #879360 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"I would've given Peatling 2 games and Creek 1 game for his OTT response."

Yes, we should outlaw celebrations like we're the Taliban or something. I am not sure what type of sanitized league you're looking for but if you cant have a little war cry and a flex after a massive dunk like that, then I don't want to support that kind of league.

Reply #879362 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Are you illiterate?

Reply #879368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you?

Even as he was cleared of the criminal charge, Mr. Bryant apologized yesterday for his behavior.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did,"

By 2021 legal standards, Kobe would have been jailed for rape by his own admission.

Your mate.

Reply #879369 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This was the outcome I was expecting.

Probably a fair result.

Reply #879390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Greek !!!

Reply #879403 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, Peatling the only one deserving of a suspension IMO, fair.

Reply #879406 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

If Peatling was the only one penalised, at the tribunal, the message would have been loud and clear that the celeb was ok, what Peatling did was not ok and he was (solely) responsible for the melee. Two wrongs don't make a right, but as the comments mainly favour allowing passion but not thuggery, it might have been the way to go.

Reply #879409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"KRDH said "Are you illiterate?" Clearly you can't comprehend.

Reply #879415 | Report this post

Herb Eaverschmelz  
Years ago

If Peatling had charged into Mitch from behind mid dunk his head could have lodged in his clacker and he would have really been up shit Creek

Reply #879431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine thinking creek deserved a suspension for being annoyed he was just smashed from behind

Reply #879439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did the assistant coach do to get fined?

Reply #879440 | Report this post

Chillbaby  
Years ago

TBH I would have thought anyone leaving the bench was up for suspension? Also, Sam Froling must have headbutted Glovers knee or something to get fined - not really sure why he was charged? All the others fair enough

Reply #879446 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I think Peatling deserved 3 games.

The fines could have been higher, but the NBL needs to take into account salaries. I think a fair amount would be around 50% of what they'd earn for the game, Peatling higher.

The NBL risks being seen as soft on behaviour that would be deemed as being antisocial. Hopefully it’s seen as enough of a deterrent, but there’ll benefit from the "passionate players" publicity.

Reply #879449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Show you are doing something, done. Fines about right all round, yes. Nbl publicity through the roof, great.
Wins all round.

Reply #879451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#439 it was a shirt front, hardly hit from behind

Reply #879453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn you're right. Not sure what footage I’m thinking of.

Reply #879456 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Don't know what happened to Froling after the blow up, but he appeared to try grab Glover's legs twice (yes, as he stepped over him to be sure). Not sure it warrants a fine, but maybe it was factored in as an escalation.

Reply #879457 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What did the assistant coach do to get fined?
Went into the meleé to get stuck into Creek, continued to yell at him after things were broken up.

Reply #879552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754