Manu Fieldel
Years ago

Hawks @ Buzzvegas, 19 Dec

Sobey definitely hampered by the pec, Cadee came out and filled his shoes nicely in the first. Franks at least an all-NBL second teamer.

I've noticed a sizeable difference between the quality of commentary when the callers are at the games compared with the studio like they have been the last couple years. Especially on big plays, these callers don't get excited enough to give the play the love it should've received. I don't think this is just a Covid thing - it's here to stay simply due to cost saving - but it's a hit on the quality of the broadcast.

Topic #49564 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not enough Digbeu

Reply #879977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And too much Liu.

Reply #879978 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Brisbane is a better team than people predicted and will push for a playoff spot. Definitely in that 4-7 range.

"And too much Liu."

Yeah I feel like maybe he has a contract for court time or something. I liked what I saw of him in the Blitz but in season he struggles to even get the boards that are right in front of him and seems to get burned defensively.

Reply #879979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very nice crowd up there, bullets doing very well, probably get piped at the post.

Reply #879980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson king of refs in Perth, goorg king of the refs on all courts. The nbl got clamp down on ref abuse.

Reply #879981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It worked 6.16 left on clock and Brisbane in foul trouble, hawks nil.

Reply #879983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I too am figuring that Brisbane obtained a financial incentive to sign and play Liu.

They were settled with Salt as their backup, then Liu comes in late during preseason. Sam Mackinnon even let slip during an interview that he was hoping Liu would put bums on seats. Then said "oh, we think he can play too"

Too slow for our league unfortunately and appears to not have acclimatised well to the Bullets system.

Reply #879984 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Moss still to come. He's actually going to be a very solid contributor

Reply #879986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great result to Brisbane, long flight from Perth and to play like that was fantastic, the kings might have let go a good coach here.

Reply #879989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Big Liu think about it what Asian player comes all the way out here to agree to be a DP not even on the actual 11 man roster? I suspected from the get go someone, somewhere was paying him to do this and it was unlikely to be the Bullets themselves.

The fact the Bullets weren't even prepared to give him a spot on their roster suggests it was all nothing but a PR stunt.

Reply #879992 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I am impressed by the Bullets. Their first game (Tas) was forgettable, the 2nd a dream come true. Tough double overtime win against a top team. 3rd game, an expected result, Perth weren't going to lose 2 consecutive games at home to same team and Cotton wasn't going to go 5 for 25 again, ever. But Bullets lost well, if that can be.

Now they knock over another expected top team. Pressure throughout, several lead changes and still did enough to get the W.

Fixture for next round favours the Bullets, I think.
ILLAWARRA HAWKS V SEM PHOENIX [anyone's game]
TAS JACKJUMPERS V NZ BREAKERS [NZ win]
SYDNEY KINGS V MELBOURNE UTD [anyone's game]
BRISBANE BULLETS V CAIRNS TAIPANS [Brisbane win]
ADELAIDE 36ERS V PERTH WILDCATS [Perth win]

Could be in the four after next round but Brisbane's power-ranking probably firming in 5th spot, IMO.

Reply #879994 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Why no Digbeu? Was he injured?

Reply #880001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh, wow, didn't realise Harry Froling didn’t play for Adelaide anymore.

Reply #880006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, he doesn't really play for anyone at this point.

Reply #880013 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Here's how I see things ending at this point -

Illawarra
Perth
SEM Phoenix
Melbourne
Brisbane
Sydney
New Zealand
Cairns
Adelaide
Tasmania

Melbourne arent a championship threat just yet imo. They need another import. Any one of Illawarra, Perth and Phoenix can get it done though. Brisbamne could knock Melbourne out of the playoffs potentially. The 4th spot is between Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney. I dont see anyone else stepping in there

Reply #880016 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Perth has such a favourable draw atm. Really, I have them outside my top 4 as they were at the start of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if Adelaide beats them in Adelaide on the 28th

Reply #880038 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if Adelaide beats them in Adelaide on the 28th

After Perth just beat them comfortably in Round 1 before Blanchfield & Frazier had returned from injury? I would be.

Reply #880039 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Much as I hate to say it, Perth will make the GF unless Cotton or Law is injured. The only questions are who they'll face, and who has home court advantage. Perth will win the trophy if they have HCA, lose it if not.

Reply #880058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754