Manu Fieldel
Two years ago

Bullets v United, Dec 26

No thread yet, created one just to ask who the commentators are talking about. I've been drifting in and out of the game.

Referencing I think a United player siting on the bench, they talked about someone not getting court time, and later in the second quarter Gaze said, "...buy into the culture, and it's not for everyone."

Who are they talking about and why?

Topic #49676 | Report this topic

Lovebroker  
Two years ago

They were talking about Agada getting less court time in the last 2 games. But how can he suddenly not buy into the culture? Maybe someone else.

Bullets choking that nice lead away badly. Started that quarter giving away 3 offensive rebounds in a row leading to a 3

Reply #883066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Talking about Melbourne United buying into Vickerman's system where the stars share minutes with their deep bench.

Suggesting some players (not at Melbourne, just in general) won't buy into that system, they want their major minutes.

Reply #883067 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Ah yes, cheers gentlemen. Thanks for clearing up.

Good thing I missed that sequence aye LB. No doubt Russell creamed his jeans over it.

Reply #883068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

It's a good game, Salt doing a great job, dumb foul on delly hurt Brisbane though when he’s sitting on bench.

Rucker talking up Brisbane, no idea, any side with Krebs, Drimic, Cadee , Wiggins, Deng,as main bench players are not playing finals, you can add the big Asian centre to that lot. Cadee and Drimic occasionally will step up but not often enough.

Reply #883070 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Siu is dead. It's now LIUUUUUUUUUU

Reply #883072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Is Rucker the most unlikable commentator this season? Can't think of anyone more irritating.

Reply #883073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Rucker trying to balance out the pro Vic commentary team out of Melbourne.

Reply #883074 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Jesus Christ, Baynes was talking with Sam McKinnon in Melbourne in the stands a few days ago, now he's in Brisbane. Holy shit he is going to be Harrison's replacement.

Reply #883075 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Would cream my pants if Brisbane signed Baynes. Would they pony up the cash though, and is Baynes even 100% fit to play.

Reply #883076 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Mine are soiled already, Ben.
You don't just hang out at the tennis and like two days later end up thousands of km away in Brisbane without something being up.
Oh dude. I am so hype.
Champ City.

Reply #883077 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

As a mate just said to me, what's the go with Moss? Covid protocols? Is he even on the bench, idk. Maybe he's already been sacked to make way for Baynes (money thing not import slot thing). Bring in EJ Singler for cheap. Ultimate shooting around Baynes. Champ city.

Reply #883078 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

*We don't have the roster spot for the pirate, but would be good for the lols

Reply #883079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Jack Salt is a starting center in this league. He's not just a big body he’s got solid IQ just looks to make the right play on both ends.

Reply #883080 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I was wondering about Moss also. Nothing on the game preview re injury absence (again) et al.

Reply #883081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Salt was a gun in college, old fashioned centre, his two years off injury hurt him but looks like he's back.

Reply #883083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Krebs single handedly losing the game for Brisbane in the 4th.

Reply #883084 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Ty has his uses, but I feel Salt is better value for the lion's share of minutes at the 5 spot for Brisbane due to his superior foot speed and ability to provide better coverage defensively. Exactly what the Bullets need.

Reply #883085 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Two years ago

Brisbane throwing this away.

Cannot even execute normal passes without it being deflected.

Reply #883086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Moss Covid protocols. Brisbane said this on social media.

Reply #883087 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Ah, Covid protocols. I'd still expect him to be on the bench with his team...

Reply #883088 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

That 'offensive foul' on Delly is pathetic for the game.

Reply #883089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Ty ahead of Salt down the stretch is coaching suicide

Reply #883090 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Maybe Moss is in 'covid protocols' back in the US? ;)

Reply #883091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Covid protocols means he can't be on the bench

Reply #883093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Sobey with the hero reverse lay up, just hit a jump shot. JD doing well with this side but to many duds. No Patterson or Franks and there spooners.

Reply #883096 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Two years ago

United lucky to not get punished for poor coaching at the end. Who the heck has a poor free throw shooter on with 10 seconds to go. Even worse is he somehow receives the ball.

JLA should have been subbed out for that possession.

Reply #883097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Digbeu should be playing a lot, underrated..

Reply #883099 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Two years ago

"No Patterson or Franks and there spooners."

can take the best two players out of every team besides United and they would be close to bottom of the ladder

Reply #883100 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Two years ago

Jesus Christ, Baynes was talking with Sam McKinnon in Melbourne in the stands a few days ago, now he's in Brisbane.

Baynes owns a house (mansion) in Brisbane which he bought to live in when his NBA career is finished. He could be living in it at the moment ?

Reply #883105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

#106,

I forgot your opinion is all that's needed, if Salt had played most the last quarter ahead of the big bloke Ty, Brisbane win. Maybe pull your head out of your own arse and you might understand.

Reply #883108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

That offensive foul call on Delly was the worst call Ive seen since the dying seconds of the 2019 Spain vs Aus semi final at the World Champs.
Patterson weighs 120kg on a good day, if anything he should've been served a flop warning for that acting job. On top of that the action had absolutely 0 impact on the play at hand.

I hope that ref gets a week off, terrible.

Reply #883116 | Report this post

JMS  
Two years ago

Quality game despite the turnovers and average shooting percentage. Both teams played solid defence the majority of the game.

The court time discussion was actually related to Sobey seemingly being benched despite dominating to start the game. The question was raised about him being injured then with him back on court the discussion focused on star players being rotated and playing reduced minutes.

Great to see Jack White back in form, seems to have evolved his game a bit, more versatile playing a bit of small forward and has added a more reliable 3 ball.

United seem to start slow then lock down in the second half and strangle the opposition in the final quarter. Plays to their depth.

Reply #883117 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Confused by the references to 'Ty'. Is that Tyrell Harrison? He didn't play.

Re Aron Baynes. Yeah, great to see that he's up and about.

If the suggestion/speculation is that he may suit up for Bris. Apart from his physical skill-set, he would bring outstanding on-court leadership, too. And, if Moss (eventually) lives up to his rep/raps, Brisbane goes from finals contender, with question marks, to a serious c'hip contender.

PG: Moss/Cadee/Wigness
SG: Sobey/Krebs
SF: Patterson/Drmic/Digbeu
PF: Marks/Deng
C: Baynes/Harrison/Salt/Liu

Off course, he might just be enjoying some games with his mates, one of whom may be Sam Mac!
[just sign him, Sam, please!]

Reply #883122 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

"If the suggestion/speculation is that he may suit up for Bris." should have read, "If the suggestion/speculation is that he may suit up for Bris, I'm all for it."

Reply #883123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Ty is the big bloke from china name isn't it.

Reply #883125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Didn't watch Salt in college. Didn’t watch Salt today...Ty didn’t play you malignant prick. Stay off the forum.

Reply #883135 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

Deserved extra time. Should have been extra time. Brisbane - 2 strange shots
with a few seconds to go in normal time.
Chuanxing Liu who at 225 cms just started taking some offensive rebounds in the third, but subbed out.

Reply #883143 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

Ty is the big bloke from china name isn't it?

No, his name is Chuanxing Liu, see Camel 31's post above.

Reply #883151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Liu Chuanxing is his name actually. Chinese put their family name's first i.e. Yao Ming, Zhou Qi etc.

Reply #883152 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Two years ago

Oh. I thought his first name was Big. I cringe whenever the commentary refers to him as Big almost as often as I do when they use "up and about" whatever tf that means.

Reply #883153 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754