Luuuc
Two years ago

Hawks v Wildcats, Jan 27

7:30pm AEDT
4:30pm WA

Chance for quick redemption for the Hawks after their 27-58 2nd half capitulation to the Cats 5 days ago.

Topic #49680 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Not expecting the Cats to start that poorly again nor Hawks to $hit the bed again.
Predicting a really close one. Either side by a bucket.

Reply #883172 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

Can see the Hawks bouncing back and winning this one, hoping the Cats can keep it close

Reply #883175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Coin flip game. I'm tipping the Hawks in a close one. Anyone know if Duop is playing tonight?

Reply #883178 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Hawks by 5.

Goorj will be p!ssed they dropped the bundle last time and put together a strategy to limit Law / Cotton(if that is possible).

Reath should be in better shape than last game.

I really like Goorj's frank admission on the HAwks' defensive regression and its reason. 'We don't have Justin Simon anymore', could that be a thinly veiled challenge to Cleveland?

Reply #883179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Hoping for another Harry and Sam masterclass.

Reply #883180 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Don't bet on it HF only has a couple of games a season like that and he was playing the 36ers. Two big things to note with that the 36ers were his first team who wouldn't release him from his contract to go and play in the G-League and opposition bigs always have a field day against the 36ers.

I'm willing to bet HF will never hit 8 3pts in a game again in his life. Did he even hit 8 3pts all of last season at the Bullets?

Reply #883185 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

HF Did go 9/15 in NBL 1 North season in the worst uniform ever

https://www.facebook.com/TheNBL/videos/143446651256876/

Reply #883190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Perth by a few, hoping for cracking game.

Reply #883193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

How the fuck did Reath make the Boomers.

Reply #883196 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What's with these slow first halves under ScoMo.

Reply #883197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Perth is the deepest team in the league. Their bench is deep as it gets

Reply #883200 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Is Xavier Rathan-Mayes a good basketball player?

Reply #883201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

XRM & Harvey play no defense, Goorj must be losing his mind.

And wow Reath is absolutely horrible.

Reply #883202 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Two years ago

Cotton & Law the best import duo since????

Reply #883203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Can't belive I’m going to say this but Harry Froling needs to start over Reath.

Let Reath come off the bench and feast on second stringers. Hawks are really struggling trying to play him a main option.

Reply #883206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Perth and Melbourne again then. No one near either.

Reply #883207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Even hodgeson looks decent in a good program like Perth

Reply #883208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

How did Adelaide beat this team?

Reply #883209 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

NZ are being made to look bad.

Reply #883210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Since Prather and Cotton is the answer to the question. When Prather was healthy

Reply #883211 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Two years ago

I had no idea that the Hawks haven't beaten a high placed team.

They need to regroup bad.

Cleveland actually played well and a pest on D.

Reply #883212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Goorjian, just another coach.

Reply #883213 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

I actually thought the Hawks were pretty good. I don't know what you can do when both Cotton & Law do what they did tonight. Just too damn good.
Hodgson did a few nice things as well to give the big 3 some support. Will excuse the free throw bricks since they weren't costly in the end.

Reply #883219 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

Goorijan was spoilt coaching the boomers.

Reply #883220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

10 blocks in a game is not a stat I usually associate with the wildcats

Reply #883227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

I swear I posted that before I saw that the wildcats tweeted this earlier!
"Tonight was the first time we've had 10 blocks in a game since 2014"

Reply #883228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Two years ago

opposition bigs always have a field day against the 36ers.
Good to hear that they've narrowed it down to just the bigs!

Reply #883229 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

Wow it's pleasing to see Blanchfield come back in full gunslinger mode but what role will he have this season?

Spark off the bench or as a starter?

I still don’t get what Frazier offers this team besides a stupid charge every game... made me think would the Wildcats and 36ers trade Hannahs for Frazier, would it be worth it for either?
I’m not kidding as I think Hannahs would be really decent in this Wildcats side where one of Law or Cotton are always double teamed and as mentioned above Blanchfield is benefiting but why isn’t Frazier and why couldn’t Hannahs?

Still feel like we are lacking a reliable anchor to our defense like what a Matty Knight was and what we got from Plumlee.

Hawks will be better and I love what I see from Cleveland, he’s so active and fun to watch but please put away the 3ball

Reply #883259 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

Frazier is taking time to find his feet thats for sure, but I actually dont mind him in the starting lineup as someone who can play multiple positions. It means we can play small ball, we have another ball handler (which is why White has dropped out of the rotation) and gives us lineups of Cotton / Frazier / Blanchfield / Law which is 4 strong 3 point shooters.

I think he will get more comfortable and fit in, but its not easy when you are a 3rd or 4th option on offence. Keeping the faith!

Reply #883264 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Hope you are right! At the moment he seems good for a couple of bone head plays a game and looks a bit slow and put off balance real easy. Definitely not living up to the hype in pre season. Also pleasantly surprised how good Blanchfield has been since being at Perth. They look much better with him on the floor than Frazier.

Small ball is okay but i think they would be better off with another rebounding big. Come finals time having to compete with the likes of United and SEM on the boards is crucial if the shots aren't dropping playing small ball.

Reply #883278 | Report this post

Craig  
Two years ago

Bol I do agree that we should have gone with a decent big as our 3rd import, but if Hodgson can improve from this game then we should hopefully be ok

Reply #883279 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Two years ago

Was just saying to old mate Luuuc last night....could you imagine this team with Mooney in for Frazier? WOW.

Blanchfield my new favourite player, what a scrapper he is. Just gets the job done.

Reply #883289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Two years ago

Frazier is their to be a versatile defender. He isn't there to for offensive purposes.

Reply #883358 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I agree that Frazier can play multiple positions but does he play any of them competently?

I'm being harsh but as far as I’m concerned an import is supposed to provide what you can’t find locally and if Frazier is taking minutes off of Norton, Blanchfield and Travers then is that truly a good thing ? Them being fresher for playoffs is a positive but I don’t think he will last playoffs but when is the cutoff? 8 games isn’t it ?

Hannahs played well for 36ers today so doubtful Adelaide would want my aforementioned trade with Frazier.

Sorry for all the Frazier hate but what does a good game for him look like... if we are to have a 2/3 then I’d have much rather a Justin Simon type even if he can’t shoot the 3, an elite defender alongside Norton is scary

Reply #883362 | Report this post

RobT  
Two years ago

From, Gus3232;
"...could you imagine this team with Mooney in for Frazier? WOW."

and From, proud;
"I'd have much rather a Justin Simon type even if he can’t shoot the 3, an elite defender alongside Norton is scary", for when Cotton is no-longer one of their imports,

Mooney*/Hodgson/Majok
Law*/Wagstaff
Blanchfield/Traverse
Cotton/White
Simon*/Norton

There's over 100ppg from the starters. And that's not with them playing 40mins per game but within their normal minutes. If the starters played 25 mins each game, with 4 of them getting 20+pts and Simons with a handful, the bench will have little to do.

Bench has very handy replacements at every position, but not a 2nd unit as such (eg MU). Swapping Travers for Blanch may fix that with little expense to the starters, or just sub around that. Either way, "WOW"!

Reply #883377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754