Luuuc
Two years ago

Breakers vs Wildcats, March 14

7:30pm AEDT at MyState Bank Arena, Hobart
9:30pm NZ
4:30pm WA

Wildcats lineup expected to be unchanged from Saturday.

3rd game in 5 days for the Cats. Need to keep our focus and take care of business.
Mentally it could see it being a challenge, knowing that after tonight we head home for a streak of 9 home games to finish the season. The bookies seem to have no such concerns.

Topic #49852 | Report this topic

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Kind of feel the same about the mental challenge... Perth minds could be on the plane flight home before the game is over. Would be great for them to finish out the away games with a win though.

Reply #887157 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

The Wildcats have not been sharing their workload around, the starters would be tired and sore by now.

Reply #887162 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

LoveBroker - I actually thought about that in the Brisbane game, we have been using an 8 man rotation and Cotton/Law are playing 35+ minutes each per game. Gotta wonder if that will come back and hurt the Cats later.

Reply #887163 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Perth won the challenge last season on the road and bar from a Cotton injury, maybe would have been champions. Nine games ant home in a row will have them in a good place, won't beat kings for title though.

Reply #887164 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I have a free night so looking forward to sitting down and taking the game in.

With a few Breakers now back from extended absences I'm hoping they make this a competitive game. Gut says this won't happen but you never know. Perhaps they can get Wetzell going inside, which would be the best advantage they can work on.

Reply #887181 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Danger game for Perth, NZ looking good now everyone is back

Reply #887182 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

I thought the lack of atmosphere could be as big an issue as workload for Perth as an empty stadium is not desirable but good start for Wildcats

Reply #887185 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

I really like Siva, I have liked his game since watching him in the NCAA finals.

He would be good at Adelaide.

Reply #887188 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Siva is so good on both ends of the floor. Defensively I've not seen anyone as good as him in the NBL since Damian Martin. How many charges per game is he taking?

The Breakers offence has the players catching the ball far too high / away from the hoop. Players need to be catching the ball where they can threaten. Dieng also needs to finish his plays. Kid, you’re 6’10" - stop it with the floaters and just dunk it already.

Perth look OK. Cotton is still extremely hard to guard and when Vic Law gets going that’s keeping the scoreboard ticking over. But no one else is a threat. Breakers could steal this if fatigue kicks in and no one else contributes for Perth.

Reply #887189 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

He's Besson fire

Reply #887195 | Report this post

Narendra  
Two years ago

Holy shit, besson's turning it on....

Reply #887196 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Wow. Microwave.

Reply #887198 | Report this post

Narendra  
Two years ago

@essen x, i respectfully disagree with your opinion that dieng should just keep dunking it, there's absolutely zero skill involved in dunking. That kid is working towards developing a versatile scoring bag( unlike ben simmons) and become a more complete player in the future and he's experiencing growing pains. Moreover nzb aren't exactly contending anyway..

Reply #887200 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

That last 3 by Besson was ridiculous.

Reply #887201 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

wildats are getting tired, starters have had so little rest.

Scomo is thrashing Cotton and LAw

Reply #887202 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Delaney has had a poor season.

Reply #887203 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Last time the 'Cats nearly won a road triple header they lost in the final game in double overtime. Make history tonight boys.

Reply #887204 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

I know what you're trying to say Narendra and, to some extent, agree but Dieng has to be able to take it hard to the rack from time to time if he’s going to be successful in the NBA. Giddey, Ball, Hampton and Besson this year in preseason have all postered someone. Dieng never looks likely to do that or block shots defensively. Given his length, it suggests he’s too soft.

Reply #887205 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I really like Siva, I have liked his game since watching him in the NCAA finals.

Oh wow somebody on Hoops who is familiar with his college pedigree even though we're on a basketball forum! Well that makes two of us at least now.

Reply #887206 | Report this post

Narendra  
Two years ago

C'mon man, you play basketball to win, not to go around postering people for highlight reels, besides i'm sure he's capable of doing it , just needs to put on some muscle so that he doesnt get bodied driving to the rim...

Reply #887208 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

He's aspiring to play in the NBA not the Euroleague!

Reply #887209 | Report this post

Narendra  
Two years ago

And? Is there any unwritten rule that states you should be able to dunk to play in the nba? Moreover the nba has far better spacing anyway so he'll find it easier to dunk in the nba.

Reply #887212 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

I didn't say that. My comment was in response to your suggestion that basketball is played to win rather than highlight reels.

Reply #887213 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Son of a...

Reply #887214 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Todd WTF!

Reply #887215 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

OT baby!

Reply #887216 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

sweet

Reply #887217 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

I can understand Wetzell missing a FT after his minutes and heavy usage, but Blanchfield missing TWO!? If Cotton is clutch, Todd is the anti clutch.

Reply #887218 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

So we have another OT game to determine winning that elusive three game road trip. History repeating itself.

Reply #887219 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Something in OT from Blanchfield would be handy. He's done SFA tonight.

Reply #887220 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Very enjoyable game. Smart last play by cats.

Reply #887221 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Law mini beast mode.

Reply #887222 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

He has 39? Scratch that mini part.

Reply #887223 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

The poor inbounds passing in the last seconds of regulation lost this game for NZ. Perth know how to win, and will.

Reply #887224 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

BRYCE

Reply #887225 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Cotton buzzer beater four point play!

Reply #887226 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

That's one point too many, Bryce.

Reply #887227 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

WTF!

Best game of the year to watch.

Reply #887228 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Jesus christ this has been a ripper game.

Reply #887229 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

that was awesome

Reply #887230 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Smart miss by Cotton there.

NBL history has been made - first team to win three road games in one round. Still got it.

Reply #887231 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

NZ shot-making was superb. I don't know how we did that.

Reply #887232 | Report this post

Just  
Two years ago

That was a fun game.

Reply #887233 | Report this post

Senator11  
Two years ago

That was the best game of the year so far!

Reply #887234 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Very high quality game. Some amazing plays down the stretch from both teams. Breakers unlucky, Cotton is the only player in the league who can do that.

Reply #887235 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Very high quality game. Some amazing plays down the stretch from both teams. Breakers unlucky, Cotton is the only player in the league who can do that.

Reply #887236 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

That was fucking insane, Bryce's three and one got me off the couch. Hype af. Wow, that's a playoff team.

Reply #887237 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Breakers very unlucky. They played too well to come away with an L.
Great contest.

Reply #887238 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Adelaide fans should be happy too since there's less chance of NZ avoiding the spoon now.

Reply #887239 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Delaney had to pass it to Besson on their last play, Perth just know how to win. Cracking game. NZ at full strength and with home games could have had a lot more wins. Wetzel was great, missed a few lay ups that hurt.

Reply #887240 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

Comedy of errors late in the game

Reply #887242 | Report this post

Great game. So many great plays.

Hope Siva returns to the league next year.

Reply #887244 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Omg.. what an incredibly game..sixers clearly played breakers into form.. just insane game. Reminded me old sixer / wildcat games.. now want to get bums on seats that how you do it...remarkable how small things have turned both breakers and Perth season in positive. Just few games back Perth were in danger of no finals....sixers with some similuar change of fortune next season might just be on verge of greatness..heard it here firstmost..

Reply #887248 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

What a difference 5 days makes.

Reply #887249 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

At one stage in the 4thQ Breakers were paying $5.50! :(

Reply #887253 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

At one stage in OT they were paying $8 but you only had around 4 seconds to get your bet placed ;)

Reply #887259 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Betfair had lows of 1.10 NZB and 1.14 PER (reciprocal odds being 11.00 and 8.14) before the crazy end to the fourth quarter. It made for a wild market.

Reply #887273 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Hope you guys all made money because I am slow in reading the market code to the person in the other line, by the time I am about to bet on NZ there would be another Cotton or Law dagger.

Reply #887284 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

I was following the market but it's too hard to actually place a bet due to the stupid live betting laws we have in this country.

Reply #887298 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

I have only done one live bet in my life and it was tedious having to call, give the code, then they tell me the odds / line has moved, I needing to accept or cancel.

As a personal rule I stay away from live betting anyway as I am afraid it leads down a slippery slope of being too caught up in betting to enjoy the game.

But not being able to do it online is silly.

Reply #887299 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754