PER vs. SEM 24/04/2022

Topic #49990 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Two years ago

You hit a 3 you get benched

Reply #890282 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Distinct lack of energy from the Perth crowd these last couple weeks. What's up with that? Is it the effects mic in stadium or is something off?

Reply #890285 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Also, good number of empty seats. What's up Perthians?

Reply #890286 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

We're all suffering from ScoMo fatigue. It's been a long season.

Reply #890287 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

To much scomo fatigue right across the nation, not only Perth.

Reply #890288 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Both sides average compared to what kings, hawks dished up.

Reply #890289 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

I'd rather be put 100,000 jack jumper ants in a box with a single house cat and see what happens, than watch this game

Reply #890290 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

It shouldn't be this close when SEM are figuratively already on the beach.

Reply #890291 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Attendance: 10,271

Reply #890292 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

It could be over Wildcats. Welcome to the presaeson

Reply #890294 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

It could be over Wildcats. Welcome to the presaeson

Reply #890295 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

OT.

Reply #890296 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

OT, JJs deserve the fourth spot, Perth just not that good this year.

Reply #890297 | Report this post

RandlesWife  
Two years ago

Typical Phoenix making sure Melbourne play the JJ's....

Reply #890298 | Report this post

hoopie  
Two years ago

Typical Phoenix unable to close out from a won position.

Are both coaches fighting for their jobs in this game? (Isn't there still slight uncertainty about whether the Phoenix coach is formally renewed?)

Reply #890299 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Holy shit - is happening

Reply #890301 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

Not a good year to be called Scott Morrison

Reply #890302 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Perth tonight:

Reply #890303 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

I predicted the doom. The west is done. Roll out and cry.. self destructed... rebuild

Reply #890304 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

To me this is all on the new management.
Just glad Jack wasn't around to see it.

Reply #890305 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Woot!! Go the Jackies.

Reply #890306 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

If ScoMo can't handle a normal press conference imagine the one coming up now.

Reply #890307 | Report this post

PerthArena  
Two years ago

Where did sco mo go? We're at the game did he really walk out we can’t see him??

Reply #890308 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Yep, he walked out straight away

Reply #890309 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What a turd.

Reply #890310 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

This GM Danny Mills dude has to be out too. Absolute fraudster.

Reply #890311 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

ScoMo needs to be shot from a cannon back to the US. Terrible coach. No way with 9 home games to finish the season should the Wildcats have missed the playoffs. Also the roster construction was terrible. No interior defense.

Reply #890312 | Report this post

PerthArena  
Two years ago

Yikes that's no good. That’s not Wildcats basketball at all.

Reply #890313 | Report this post

Shano76  
Two years ago

Well done Jackjumpers very well deserved.
Interesting off season for Perth. Cotton needs more help.

Reply #890314 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sydney, hoops capital, bigger crowds, better team. Lmao. Who would have thought.

Reply #890315 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Oh my SEM won 102-100 in OT.

Unbelievable I never thought Perth were in serious jeopardy of missing out on the playoffs. Surely ScoMo has got to be fired? What a disappointing end to the season for them cruelled by the Law injury and even the Cotton injury last year. Got to clear out the dead wood like Wagstaff and Kev White.

Fantastic news for the JJ's though. We're all Taswegians now.

Reply #890316 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Congratulations JackJumpers.

Reply #890317 | Report this post

Just a fan  
Two years ago

It's a bliss day seeing Perth be destroyed. Wonder what Danny Mills is feeling, might be another clean sweep incoming. Not so mighty wildcats now

Reply #890318 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Two years ago

Honestly that was heart in your mouth type stuff.

Even if JJ's get swept and lose by 50 every game, it’s a fantastic achievement.

I don’t think Scomo is right for Perth and IMO doesn’t embody that typical Perth mentality and needs to be "paid out".

Reply #890319 | Report this post

PerthArena  
Two years ago

Very sad for Perth, but we haven't played well this season. Looking forward to supporting the JJ’s

Reply #890321 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

What a deplorable effort. I was expecting a lot more intensity in defense with everything on the line. If their defense was half as good as they showed against Illawarra then they would still win that game comfortably. Couldn't hit their open shots. Even Bryce had an unusually off shooting night. They should have drawn up some plays to get Frazier some more looks. He was the only one shooting well but didn't get a look in OT.

Tassie deserved finalists they will give MU a tougher run for sure. Its a sad way to end the streak. I guess if you get knocked out by a better team you can accept it but the way they have lost games recently has been mostly self inflicted. I suspected at the time losing at home against the 36ers would come back to bite them making the playoffs.

Reply #890322 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I think ScoMo knows he's going to be fired hence his getting on the front foot about needing to be paid out. That's not the language from a coach who thinks there is any possibility he will be brought back next season.

Reply #890323 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Perthworld- respect.

Perth is the bench mark, an amazing franchise with history all others want.

Reply #890324 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

ScoMo's wiki has already copped it

Reply #890325 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

ScoMo needs to be shot from a cannon back to the US. Terrible coach.

Just not one with 'Megavision' printed on it because he'll never even get airborne.

Well played Phoenix, and CONGRATS TO THE JACKJUMPERS!

Reply #890326 | Report this post

Monday Dech  
Two years ago

Phoenix just walked through the key like all teams did this season. That defence cannot be like it was for all those home games. Would keep Bryce, Norton and some of the youngsters. That's about it. Put a broom through the list and coaching group. Purchase and OHB were not even given minutes and a chance to develop all year. You can't have squad depth without playing guys like that. They will probably get poached and play well elsewhere if not contracted. Relying on cotton and law all season of course this was going to happen if one went down. SEG out too while you're at it, I want surprised this happened when they bought

Reply #890327 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Literally a sellout crowd and people are shitting on the attendance? Can't have a bigger crowd than the capacity of the venue.

Reply #890330 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Are numbers fudged or do people buy tickets and not turn up?

Would've been at least 2000 empty seats in like the third quarter that I saw. What up?

Reply #890331 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Also, what a great day

Reply #890332 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Two years ago

@Manu

Not from Perth, so just speculation, but I do remember a few weeks ago the crowd was still at 75% capacity. Could have been the case tonight?

Reply #890334 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Yes, there's still a capacity restriction.

Reply #890335 | Report this post

Kobe  
Two years ago

Adams will win the mvp instead of cotton

Reply #890336 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Travers will be gone nba bound after another big game today .

Reply #890337 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Obligatory 'I was here when Perf's streak was broken’ post.

Let’s go Jackoffs.

Reply #890338 | Report this post

PerthArena  
Two years ago

Oh yikes the Wikipedia page for scomo has had an update. Not a good look from Perth fans :-/

Reply #890339 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Post-game presser

Reply #890340 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

JJ's reaction to end of game

Link

Reply #890341 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Two years ago

Not sure about the Scomo hate but well done to the Jackjumpers. Played hard and achieved more than what I expected from them.

Reply #890342 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

The question is was the issue with the roster or the coaching. Not playing defence since start of the season, surely some adjustments could have been made. Look how Goorjian turned things around with Illawara.

As much as some poeple think Scomo should get another year, is his style of coaching just not effective for the NBL ? Do you miss finals a second year in a row to take the risk ? You would have 5000 members left by then instead of 12000, Perth is very fickle sporting city. Succeed or they ditch you quick.

Certainly failure will likely start hitting their record membership numbers. We need mid-career decent talent to replace ageing players who frankly should have hung up the boots last year.

Reply #890343 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Travers has declared for the draft actually. I think his NBA hopes are pretty fanciful but who knows.

Reply #890346 | Report this post

Boba Fett  
Two years ago

Is it April fools day? Travers in the NBA? Is he or his agent on drugs?

Reply #890349 | Report this post

Monday Dech  
Two years ago

LT needs to develop his shot. Needs more arc on his 3, he throws it too flat. Also needs a pull up jumper instead of just predictably driving into the key every time

Reply #890350 | Report this post

HighIQ  
Two years ago

I can show you guys my message to friend who is a Wildcats supporter. I said even when they were winning I didn't like his system. If Vic plays they would have made finals no question but I never saw them as true tittle contenders in any sense even with the Mighty Red Army which wasn’t so mighty without full capacity. This is definitely a time to for fans to worry Bryce can opt out and no way he enjoyed playing for this guy he’s a true professional but you can see there was some disconnect there. His system doesn’t fit the Wildcats who have played in the Flex system for years and he changed the entire offense with no flex cuts and a lot of smoke and mirrors plays. I would also like to point out how well the Boston CELTICS are doing now that’s he’s gone and you factor in his presser pay me and I’ll sit at home on my coach counting my cash send the wrong message. 35 seasons is a such a great accomplishment I always compare the Wildcats to Duke or the old UCLA team the tradition is unmatched sadly all streaks must end at some point and it this dude is back next season it will be two consecutive season Perth miss finals.

Reply #890354 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Scomo should stay, blood in the water will make revenge extra tasty. By the time any other team in this league has had the impact perth has we will all be long long dead, what a run. Jackjumpers in 2 bring it on.

Reply #890358 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

Disappointing season after how hard the wildcats ended the season the year before.

I actually thought Wagstaff had a decent season but the youth definitely deserved more burn.

I'd rather see the jack jumpers fight than the wildcats limp into the finals.

Reply #890360 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Interesting off season for Perth. Cotton needs more help."

The help needs to be on defence and on the boards. It doesn't matter how much offensive talent you have (and Perth had plenty this season) if you don't get cheaps baskets because you're taking the ball out of the net.

Reply #890373 | Report this post

DR  
Two years ago

Travers stepped up when law went down . 0 and 2 points I'm predicting pick 327 round 14 Utah .

Reply #890374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:28 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754