Scout
Two years ago

Humphries to MU?

Rumours about that this is happening.

Topic #50274 | Report this topic

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Seeing what he has given the Sixers in 2 seasons I hope he plays for United for the rest of his career.

Reply #896066 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

He might end up healthy and in MVP form

Reply #896067 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I'd love this. In his first season for the Sixers, he had an 8 or 10 game stretch where he was playing like an MVP candidate

I was assuming Hukporti would be moved to the starting 5.

But if we have the opportunity to sign Humphries for a reasonable contract, we have to do it, cos Humphries is a better long term prospect. Hukport is NBA bound after this season surely.

Reply #896073 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

I wasn't a big fan of this rumour if it’s true. But now I think United should give him a give him a chance.

The only issue signing him is his recent injury history. United would need a backup plan if they were considering signing Humphries.

Reply #896075 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Maybe United can afford a proper rehabilitation plan

Reply #896083 | Report this post

KeepHoopDreaming  
Two years ago

Think of it this way - if Humphries is coming off injury and potentially 'cheaper', if he gets anywhere close to MVP form he had before he got injured, he could be the steal of the off-season. The money saved would allow them to go after a more potent 2 and 4 as well...

Reply #896084 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Yeah good luck with that lol

One of the worst signings the 36ers have ever made, two year deal and was supposedly on $400K per season. Played just 25/64 games and even then was only good for about the first 12 games of the 20-21 season.

Completely destroyed our season last season not just the fact he only played a few games but we still had to pay him to chill back in Sydney and was likely the main reasons JVG was fired and likely why we didn't sign a third import.

If he's willing to play for the min wage might be worth the gamble but obviously he's going to want significantly more than that so go right ahead Melbourne ;)

Reply #896086 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

If MU did sign Isaac, who gets the lion's share of minutes in the middle, Isaac or Hukporti? Or even time share?

Reply #896092 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Humphries got get on the floor before you would worry about minutes, United are smart operators, I'd like to see this contract clauses or he’s on budget money.

Reply #896094 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Doesn't make sense for United unless it’s on a budget deal IMO. Hukporti will make a massive leap this season and should be the starting C.

Reply #896100 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Two years ago

Given average players at the 6ers like McVeigh and Pinder have flourished after leaving, a guy like Humphries with some huge potential could be anything in a serious system away from Adelaide

Reply #896101 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Humphries has been in a few good systems over the years, Australia and US and hasn't taken the next step yet.

Reply #896102 | Report this post

Johnson14  
Two years ago

I'm thinking if Melbourne United sign Humphries as there backup to Hukporti then surely they need a backup(Bairstow) for the backup (Humphries)who is injury prone and when the backup(Bairstow)who's also injury prone gets injured they will need a backup plan for Bairstow who was the backup plan for Humphries.

Reply #896104 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

36ers still trying to get Humphries but appears out of reach.

Mumford no longer an option for 36ers, signed in Israel

Reply #896106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754