Luuuc
Two years ago

Wildcats sign TaShawn Thomas

The Perth Wildcats have signed high-flying big man TaShawn Thomas for the 2022/23 NBL season.
Thomas is the first new import to join the Wildcats this off-season and after a highly decorated career in Europe, the 29-year-old is excited to be heading down under.

"I consider my strength to be my versatility. I'll bring a lot of energy to this team, and I think the fans will see a guy who will do anything to help his team win.
Wildcats GM of basketball Danny Mills said Thomas is exactly what Perth’s squad needed.
“When filling out the roster we were looking for skilled bigs who can both score the ball as well as make plays for others, whether that’s through their own playmaking or setting screens. TaShawn ticks all those boxes," Mills said.

Article Link

Topic #50293 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Two years ago

In other Cats news, Morrison talks about his sons health issues in relation to h8s resignation:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/dribble-podcast-former-perth-wildcats-coach-scott-morrison-opens-up-about-son-maxs-autism-diagnosis-c-7633342

Reply #896367 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

He looks to be EURO level import which is much better than most of the summer league / G league candidates out there who are not on a two-way. Great pickup for the cats.

Reply #896368 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Great signing, the guy is a workhorse. He defends well and is efficient at the other end.

Reply #896370 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Similar to Cam Oliver.

Still gonna need an absolute star 3rd import still. Thomas is a good shot blocker and can shoot from 3 as of recently for Le mans, but is very foul prone so Majok better be ready to fill in some minutes.

Reply #896371 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Kings, Id imagine he is a 4 not a 5, given he is 203cm (just 2cm taller than Vic Law)... we should be looking at a 5 for our final import spot.

Reply #896372 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

They cant play this guy at the 4..

Reply #896374 | Report this post

Saint23  
Two years ago

i reckon he will be the 4 and if romours are true Alan williams 6 8 265 will play the 5

Reply #896375 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

He's about the same height as Matt Knight and is also a smart physical player, i think he will be able to hold down the centre position.

Reply #896386 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

TT presser:

Reply #896387 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

I can see a lot of mid-floor facilitation from this guy if this Alan Williams is also getting signed.

Weird team

Reply #896401 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

6'8" is center height in the NBL easily and in NBA also if you look at Montrell 6'7", Bam 6'9", Theis 6'8" even Draymond Green is considered super small at 6'6".

Thomas is definitely an NBL center. I reckon Cats will now re-sign Law and maybe a NS.

They could play Travers at the 4 if they wanted, but still think their best is

Cotton/Norton
Blanchfield/Webster
Travers/Shervil
Law/(NS)/Wagstaff
Thomas/Majok/Hayes-Brown

Reply #896402 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Two years ago

It won't be Vic Law that re-joins Perth - signed in Japan last week.

Reply #896404 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

6'8 is tiny for a centre in the NBL, but Thomas plays much bigger than that.

Reply #896411 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

He looks like a very good signing, impressive stats from France last season. He'll be a lot better than Law, plays team first.

Reply #896415 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

I like this signing

Perth's 1 season streak of missing playoffs should end this season

Reply #896420 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Team looks to be

Norton-(NS)-Zunic
Cotton-Webster
Travers-Blanchfield-Shervill
Thomas-Wagstaff
(Import/Local)-Majok-HayesBrown

Maker, Mathiang, Reath or import appears to be last signing

Reply #896471 | Report this post

proud  
Two years ago

So we tried to get that big from Russia last year that sat on the bench and seemingly had a great reputation and rapport with the club but we dont want to sign him?

I find that strange, i felt like he woukd be signed quickly

Reply #896472 | Report this post

Outatime  
Two years ago

John Brown III

Signed in a French league back in May on a 3 year deal. Looks to be the same height as TaShawn. We need someone a bit taller for the C position ideally.

Reply #896473 | Report this post

Kings  
Two years ago

Dunkman he isn't the same type of player as Law and I can guarantee he spends time at the center position.

Reply #896537 | Report this post

PerthArena  
Two years ago

I'm sure he was just visiting friends but the Wildcats posted a clip of Kay having a shootout with Ollie Hayes-Brown at their training yesterday....

Reply #896625 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754