NBL 1 West - August 2022
Womens Power Rankings
1. Senators 17-2 continues its dominant form with 20p wins over Cockburn and Lakeside over the weekend. Fiebich in form with a scoring burst v cougars with 22 and the team having 3 double figure scorers. Barr is pushing to be clear in the MVP voting with a massive 42p over lakeside at a 59% clip. Bye - Redbacks to come.
2. Wolves 16-1, lost to COE on the weekend without Ryan and Phillips, were they just rested? Morrell in dominant form in that game. Big game this week v magic on the road in what is a likely a first round finals match up. Have Suns-Magic-eagles.
3. Tigers 15-3, back on a 3 game win streak and beat a desperate flames team by 3 lead by Sharp with 27 and 9 and Kelly with 22 on 7 3's. Tough run with lakeside and Cougars to finish off.
4. Magic 14-4, on a 6 game win streak but were terrible in their last game v Giants with a final score of 49-35. Neither team could hit any shot and it took a 5 min 4th quarter run to close out the game. They will be ready for Wolves coming to town after they got beat on the buzzer in their last meeting. Toeaina v Ryan will be the key to the game. If Magic are legit they need to get this on their home floor which so far they are unbeaten.
5. Cougars, 11-7, lost to Senators and beat Slammers. Tudor needs to find some form. Can they beat the top 4 this year. Still in a one game series if the 3 ball is dropping they are dangerous. Giants -Tigers to come.
6. Lightning, 9-8, lost to Senators despite a strong performance from Hamblin with 25 and 17 and Isenberger with 19. Same question remains can this team defend well enough for a finals run. Hawks-Tigers-Flames to come.
7. Flames, 8-10, on a 6 game losing streak with Redbacks this week to arrest the slide. Were good against tigers pushing them to within 3 points. Team pushed Wolves a few weeks back so can compete when they play 4 quarters. Ortlepp in good form recently with 31p on 7 3's last week.
8. Hawks, 8-10, likely to make playoffs now, if they can land one more win its a lock. lakeside and Suns to come. Two big wins over the weekend with Redbacks and eagles. Clarke with 22 and 27 leading the way.
Live finals Schedule
Wolves v Magic
Senators v Tigers
Cockburn v hawks
Lakeside v Flames