Pasadena 72
Two years ago

NBL1 Central Finals Pricing

I have just read it's $36 per game for this weekends finals in Adelaide. Is that correct? What are the prices for GFs around the country as these seems excessively high and much higher than previous GFs I’ve attended in Adelaide. Surely Lightsview can’t be that expensive to hire? Looks like a BSA cash grab to me, slugging the people who already support the sport and clubs. $72 if you want to watch both games.

Topic #50387 | Report this topic

Pablo Escobar  
Two years ago

Maybe....and only a maybe, if that price included both games. But to charge indepenedently for games is most definitely highway robbery.

Reply #898043 | Report this post

Armageddon  
Two years ago

After a flood of complaints they've reduced the pricing.

No idea what they're doing in that office. Making it up as they go.

Won't play at the Arena due to cost but tried to maximise profit from a community they provide the worst possible service to.

The sooner the clubs walk away from BSA the better.

Reply #898045 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Still $53.66 if you want to watch both games in GA or a family of four can enjoy both games for $130.36...WOW, thanks but no thanks looking forward to KAYO, hopefully with some good commentators.

Reply #898046 | Report this post

Kayo  
Two years ago

John Casey is on the call .. would love to go but not at that price

Reply #898047 | Report this post

SabreTooth  
Two years ago

BSA are grubs

Reply #898051 | Report this post

Was15  
Two years ago

The wealthy Forestville supporters will be able to afford seeing their teams compete!

Reply #898061 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

So we have two threads about tickets for this game. One saying they're too expensive and another saying they sold out too quickly...

Reply #898063 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

koberulz I reckon it is just the discounted club tickets that have sold out and they were limited in number

Reply #898064 | Report this post

Armageddon  
Two years ago

Men's tickets are all sold out. Club allocation mot sure about.

They're both ridiculously expensive and the venue way too small.

Reply #898066 | Report this post

SabreTooth  
Two years ago

Players did not even get an allocation of tickets for their immediate families. Absolute farce but right on brand for BSA

Reply #898073 | Report this post

Armageddon  
Two years ago

Sabre yes they did

250 per club was for players families, committee etc.

Reply #898074 | Report this post

GF22  
Two years ago

I think you will find that every club got an allocation of tickets and the 4 GF clubs got a much larger allocation. It is up to the clubs to decide how they use, not BSA. I know of at least one club that has allocated 3 tickets for each player.

Reply #898075 | Report this post

Life is Basketball  
Two years ago

Pretty sure not every club, maybe every club that is playing! But if GF22 can confirm who they sent the email too that would be great.

Reply #898077 | Report this post

Armageddon  
Two years ago

GF22 ... thanks Jackie. Don't even know how your own office works as usual.

SabreTooth has gone from "just a parent" with some junior kids playing to knowing that NBL1 players don't have tickers to give immediate family

Reply #898078 | Report this post

GF22  
Two years ago

I don't work for BSA and never let the facts get in the way of a good insult.

Reply #898079 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

I have just seen the South Conference pricing $15 per game for an adult. Not sure what makes BSA think the Central league is worth $10 more per game.

Anyone know what West or North are charging?

Reply #898080 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

West is $27 plus Ticketmaster fee.

Reply #898081 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

Is that for one or two games KR?

Reply #898082 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Per game.

Reply #898084 | Report this post

McBlurter  
Two years ago

NBL1 West is $27 for adults and $15 for children.

Family of 4 is $17.25 each

Reply #898094 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

If possible buy tickets directly from the club allocation as it allows you to circumvent the booking fee rort.

Reply #898101 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

IIRC I used to be able to put tickets for the women's game and tickets for the men's game in my cart, pay for both at once and only pay one $5-per-transaction fee, but they force one game per transaction now.

Reply #898104 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

Heard some many couldn't get tickets. Know of some who tried walk ups. Dickheads waited hour in line and got turned away... not saying I am nostradamus but Hermann the man predicted West to triumph and was on the money homey..only red and black wins in the Port...

Reply #898247 | Report this post

+  
Two years ago

West only just won that game - Sturt handed it to them with some turnovers in the last minute of so. But West were way more stacked than Sturt.

South were on and Woodville not - a fortnight ago it was the other way around.

Q - when was the last local club to win men or women without an import ?

Reply #898251 | Report this post

Hermann  
Two years ago

I say the darkside Sturt...

Reply #898252 | Report this post

Pasadena 72  
Two years ago

Did Norwood have one in 2015?

Reply #898253 | Report this post

GF22  
Two years ago

Women's game was close - could have gone either way with 2 minutes to go. A clear foul on Williams for Sturt when it was a 3pt game not called and then straight down the other end for a much softer call for West - then a 5pt game and Sturt tried too hard and turned the ball over in their haste - well done to West a very strong starting five. I would watch Sturt for next year as they are very very young and have some very good players coming thru.

I thought the two games ticketed separately worked well but didn't need such a long gap between games - should have been 5pm and 8pm. BSA staff did a good job managing the event.

While the 36ers Arena can take a much bigger crowd the reality is that a lot of the Sturt/West supporters would have left and many of the South/Woodville supporters wouldn't have come to the first game.

I understand the new SBC at Wayville is around 2,000 seats which is double Lights, could be a great atmosphere with a 1,000 supporters for each team on each side of the stadium (and there will be no hiring cost so much cheaper than hiring 36ers Arena) so tickets prices can be even lower.'

For the sake of clarity I don't work for BSA :)

Reply #898256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754