Wookiee
Two years ago

Patty Mills Speaking My Language Tour

So I managed to score my ticket for the Sydney event on Sunday and really looking forward to seeing Patty speak... I was in a minute after the tickets went on sale but there were still no VIP meet n greets available, which is disappointing, but I'd probably be too nervy to say much anyways, let alone give him a thank you lego figure lol...

It's at a smaller than expected theatre, maybe only about 230+ seats, so it should be cosy, but I expected it to aim for a bit bigger event...

Did anyone go to the Brissy event?

Topic #50411 | Report this topic

Ben  
Two years ago

Didn't go to Brisbane. Friends have and raved about it. Went for three hours, he spoke well and at length about cool behind-the-scenes stories re Spurs/Olympics etc and everything else you'd want to hear about. Bummed I didn't make the effort to get there. The VIP portion also received excellent reviews about how accommodating Patty was to the group of appx 50-60 people. Overall a top event apparently.

Reply #898401 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Two years ago

Awesome... still devo I didn't get a chance to at least have a wallet vs experience dilemma for the VIP option, but really looking forward to it tomorrow...

Reply #898527 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Two years ago

So Sunday was pretty awesome... A bit disappointing that they seemed to be running fairly late and we only got 2hrs and a handful of questions before getting the boot, but as expected, man, is this legend just such a humble, passionate and motivational human being...

Such a casual down-to-earth guy, but the switch to #BoomersPatty Gold Vibes Only mentality when he's talking about competing was immediate and inspirational...

Really honest and some cool stories and insight into his journey was well worth the schlep into the city on a Sunday night and highly recommended if anyone ever has a chance to do something with him...

Reply #898722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 am, Tue 7 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754