joe_M
Two years ago

Patty Mills channel 7 News

Patty mills was on channel 7 news tonight in Adelaide. He was asked a question about potential returning to play for the Adelaide 36ers after finishing in the NBA.

He responds was quite strange, he said "I (Patty) have more chance at playing for the Adelaide Crows, than ever playing for the Adelaide 36ers"

I found this strange as I never thought he had any bad blood with the club.

Can anyone give anymore information on this topic

Topic #50429 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Two years ago

I dare say it's probably over the GK and Mitch Creek thing, he broke a cardinal rule there and keep in mind Patty comes from the NBA a very empowered player-driven league too.

It's a bit of a shame hearing him say that publicly given he's half-South Aussie, spent some time growing up in Adelaide and is a diehard Crows fan but understandable and realistically he likely never would've played for the Sixers or probably will for any NBL team post-NBA career.

Reply #898931 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

He has stated once before that if he did come back it would likely be Canberra or cairns.

Reply #898933 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

:(

Reply #898942 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Two years ago

Why anyone would think his first choice would be Adelaide is just daft.

Reply #898943 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

I was there in person when he said that, and it felt like a very loaded and frankly, odd answer to give, especially in Adelaide. I'd say there is bad blood for something. What's more, the guy who interviewed him works for the Adelaide 36ers.

Reply #898947 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

As for whether he'd play NBL he has said before he'd end his career in the NBL. But clearly not with the Adelaide 36ers lol.

Reply #898948 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Awesome response from Patty as GK deserves it for being a bum of an owner.

Reply #898949 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Two years ago

Also thought that was sad, along with the whole Ingles stuff it sucks. I'm hoping it was more of a I will be retired from ball by then kinda answer, so both would be unlikely.

Reply #898974 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Two years ago

Hopefully Patty can play for Melbourne again. Was so good watching Mills light up the scoreboard with the Melbourne Tigers. My Tigers would of made finals if Patty didn't get bought out by that CBA team midseason.

Reply #898994 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

https://youtu.be/wAEXvzrnU34

Reply #898995 | Report this post

swish  
Two years ago

We actually met ( just right place, right time) and spoke with Patty at the AIS back in 2009 / 2010 after he'd been working out with Marty Clarke. Marty had just been announced as 36ers coach.
We had a brief conversation with Patty, and asked him about playing in the NBL with 36ers one day, he very clearly said if he played NBL he'd love to play for Canberra. This is obviously well be Mitch Creek had even begun his NBL career ( started with 36ers mid of that season).

Reply #902606 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754