Dunkman
Two years ago

Adelaide v Cairns

Now this should be a great game, two sides that play fast and have talent. Has Sixers defence improved enough to stop taipans, I'm not convinced. Home court advantage should help Sixers but can they contain Hogg, Pinder, Sam W. Franks and Johnson will have to up there defensive out put, hopefully. Sixers probably slightly stronger in the back court so this should be a very even contest.

Down to the wire game, Cairns got this if they keep their bigs out foul trouble by 2.

Topic #50646 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Tipping Adelaide tonight.

Reply #905545 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

If sizers follow the breakers game plan and run the snakes off the 3 point line on d and pound it inside slicers by 9

Reply #905548 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Two years ago

This season the 36ers win one, lose one.
Although I mentioned that before.

Reply #905549 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

So it has been almost a month now since we let Randall go. Is there any word of what we're doing there? We're only 10 games into the season, so plenty of time to find the right guy, but is there any timetable for if/when a replacement will be signed?

Reply #905551 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

Apparently CJ has been far too busy with other things and has not had time to look for a new import. I am sure he will get around to it when he gets some time.

Nah, that was just a bit of fun at the odd interview CJ gave about not having time to find a new import yet. As if he was talking about cleaning his bedroom.

I would take it all with a pinch of salt and would guess surely Adelaide have someone locked up.

Do we think it will be a high scoring one tonight?

Reply #905560 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

Cairns because Adelaide's defence is just not good enough, especially inside.

Reply #905563 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

I know money doesn't grow on trees but Adelaide needs a GM if CJ can’t fit it in...

Just maybe have a GM that heavily consults the coach and playing group (to the extent the coach wants to consult the playing group)?

That way you avoid the GM deciding the roster and forcing someone else to succeed or die under it.

Reply #905565 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

KET, I was only mucking around. I am sure he has been keenly scouting someone to bring in.

Reply #905566 | Report this post

Yup  
Two years ago

36ers are still a dysfunctional unit, they are a poor man's SEM and in the mix with Perth and United for a play in spot.

They might beat some more favoured teams on occasion but they have just as much chance dropping one to the Hawks.

Cairns by 8

Reply #905568 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

MC: That's what I was thinking when hearing CJ talk about it

Reply #905570 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

Why the hell is Marshall starting?

Reply #905571 | Report this post

Blocker  
Two years ago

I wish Gazey would stop rambling Half the time they never tell who committed the foul and we have no idea as never see the official call the number. Could have 4 fouls for all we know

Reply #905573 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Adelaide are so poor with the way they operate on offense

Better coaching is required.

Give DJ more ball volume.
Move the ball through hands.
Franks needs to work harder next to the basket, don't always settle for a three.

Reply #905574 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Adelaide has no defensive identity. The mirror image of Bruton who was incredibly gifted playmaker scorer but was horrible defensive player.

Reply #905575 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Fuck, that was so obvious they needed to pass over the halfway line.

How could they not realise that?!

Reply #905576 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Massacre

Reply #905577 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

McCarron was at his best in the NBL as an all-rounder wing where he'd guard opposing wings, be a defensive disrupter, straight-line drives to the rim, get on the glass, back cuts for scores or assists.

PG is not his go.

Machado
McCarron
Cleveland
Franks
Johnson

Reply #905578 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

They need Randall back to bail them out.. lol

Yeah look, this is so typical of Adelaide over the past two seasons at home.

What is going on?

Reply #905579 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

Franks has taken 3 more shots than anyone else and he has 2 points

Reply #905580 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sixers not out this but should be, woeful offensively and defensively. CJ was a magnificent player, and the few times I've met him a very nice bloke, not certain on his coaching ability.

Reply #905581 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Get Harris off

Reply #905584 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Mccaron looks overweight.

Reply #905585 | Report this post

Blocker  
Two years ago

T j turnover Just keeps driving head down One of Adelaide's best. And now he hits a 3 !

Reply #905589 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Harris proving to be way better on defense than Sotto

Reply #905590 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Sixers dragged taipans down to there level.

Reply #905591 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Can someone please tell me why it's not incredibly obvious that Adelaide need a defensive big?

Not a PG, not a SG, the only way they can solve their issues is a defensive big.

Am I going crazy? Am I the only one that feels it’s blatantly obvious?

Reply #905592 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

2/15
Fucking pass the ball

Reply #905593 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

KET, not at all, but I think Adelaide need to live with their front court decisions now, and try and make the positives outweigh the negatives. I was saying this about a defensive big all off & pre-season, so I definitely agree with you.

And the other point is that I think part of their problems are to do with a lack of variety at the PG spot. For two seasons now, McCarron has just been asked to do the same thing over and over again. Dech does not give them anything different when he plays some minutes there.

They need someone else who can break down the defence, penetrate and provide spark.

It is just too one dimensional with McCarron and Dech.

Clearly issues in CJ's system though also.

Reply #905597 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

What are these Adelaide jerseys?

Reply #905598 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Kerry Williams has certainly filled out.

Reply #905599 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

Thank you McCall thank you.

Reply #905600 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

A good win against a solid Cairns team.

4-1 now since Randall's departure.

Reply #905602 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

McCall you've done it again, how Sixers win that. Kuol should play the whole last quarter when there leading, bench McCall. Bad loss for taipans.

Reply #905603 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

While we all been happy to dog Adelaide for there lack of D, they kept Cairns to 28 points second half which won them the game.

Reply #905604 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Franks what in the actual f...:

MC: I don't think a PG will solve their issues of iso ball because their team is designed around run & gun, and they can’t get that without defensive turnovers and ensuring the opposition isn’t set.

Adelaide’s big comeback tonight was a result of Cairns shooting silly/some good turnovers when our guards were up in their grill, then suddenly ball movement and scoring isn’t an issue.

36ers have to generate their O from their D, it’s the only way IMO.

If a team A scores easier than team B, team A will usually win. Adelaide will never score easier if they get ruined in the interior and find themselves run off their feet to defend the perimeter.

36ers have the D to lockdown from the perimeter or even extended between MM, Dech, Drmic, Cleveland, length of Franks. They need someone in the interior so they can actually play disruptive D from the three quarter court/half/perimeter and play that run and gun, down your throat style.

That’s how they’ll get their scores and higher percentage of threes opposed to stagnant anxiety induced forced shots, that’s how they’ll move the ball instead of turnovers of iso and forced passes and unwieldy drives. Those are the PG/SG issues - they can be improved dramatically from O generated by D.

Plus DJ likes playing trailer 3 and is good at it. He will actually get more shots that way. Franks is athletic and suited to it, they could actually play better together this way and high-low can be achieved with them playing together in a faster paced environment.

Add a PG or SG and it’s just a glut with MM, Dech, Drmic, Cleveland, won’t solve their D issues which means they simply won’t be a championship contender when it really comes to it. D means even more when finals comes!

Reply #905605 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

That's more a general spiel opposed to directed MC, by the by.

I’ve been like a broken record but geez all I’ve been hearing is guard chatter on the rumour mill

Reply #905606 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

I missed the game. What were King Kai's full time stats?

Reply #905607 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

0 pts
0 rbs
0 asts
0 stls
0 blks

Reply #905608 | Report this post

Mathew  
Two years ago

Nobody want to talk about the last 5 minutes with the refs? That was poor!! The NBL has an issue with a lack of quality referees.

Cairns played 2 and a half quarters and still couldn't get it done. Adelaide should feel lucky they got the W tonight

Reply #905610 | Report this post

Kev  
Two years ago

Don't get McColl in foul trouble is the ticket to beating Cairns.

Reply #905611 | Report this post

EssenX  
Two years ago

How on earth did Cairns lose that?

As bad as the Sixers were at a time, if you're a Sixers fan wins are wins and wins like that take character so onwards and upwards for the Sixers from here.

Reply #905615 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Two years ago

KET, I agree with you and would not be against going down that path. Like I say, I was saying we'd run into this problem all off-season.

But I still feel like it will leave the roster even more unbalanced and place too much burden on McCarron as well as providing no variety. I would like to see Dech just be allowed to play his role too, without worrying too much about PG duties. McCarron will surely burnt out also? He needs help. Would not be against a spark plug type to come off the bench instead of another guard like Clark. I am definitely torn on it though and likely a catch-22.

Maybe they need to scout the local options and replace Acouth? I don't know. Jack Salt?

Reply #905618 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Agree Master Chief. With the style Adelaide play, another guard to share the load with McCarron, make sure Franks, DJ and AC get the ball in the right spots and land triples consistently makes this team super tough.

I'd prefer to see AC playing more minutes at the four than bring in a big who changes the balance of the roster.

Reply #905626 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two years ago

For a 200 game NBL veteran, Mcarron sure made some rookie errors. The inbound into the backcourt with only approx 1 second to get over halfway was one of them. Missing the fast break layup was another, yes it was under pressure but this is a Boomers player, should handle that no problem. Fumbled the ball and lost it on the drive. Quite a few rookie errors would expect to come from a Marshall.

Reply #905641 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Dech was plus 21, better than double of anyone else on the court, except Deng who was plus 12. Now again plus- minus certainly doesn't tell you the whole story but in this case it’s a very good guide what playing good D does.

Reply #905643 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Amazing what happens you commit to play defence like after halftime

Reply #905645 | Report this post

Daly  
Two years ago

Damn Kai Sotto had a rough night stats wise. It's good he compensated the lack of numbers with elite defensive coverage. Adelaide would be truly lost without Kai bailing them out as the anchor on defense.

Reply #905652 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Can't understand hate on for MC, 7 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists , 3 steals and 2 blocks. 5 turn overs a bit of a blip. Lead defensive effort in second half. Not a rookies stat line at all.

Reply #905668 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Might have something to do with him being on $350K+ per season.

Reply #905669 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Your income shouldn't be a reason for hate. That’s what the market say he’s worth. Which Aussie and don’t give me any unproven names, would you have that’s any cheaper

Reply #905683 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

WMW in a heartbeat.

Reply #905686 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Sure WMW you can dream but he's signed else where

Reply #905702 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

You didn't say they didn’t have to have a contract. Mccaron has been average at best this season, doesn’t look fit.

Reply #905709 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Well let's try this, who can you afford to pay less than Mac who will give you 33 minutes and WANTS to play for Sixers

Reply #905713 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

@ 350k I'd find an import.

Reply #905714 | Report this post

Knowall  
Two years ago

Like Randle

Reply #905716 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

The former Randle would be great in a young man's body, the later Randal not so much.

Reply #905718 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Two years ago

My post wasn't about his game stats, it was highlighting rookie errors for a 200 game veteran and player who should not be making those mistakes.
I also forgot the one where he double dribbled from defensive pressure applied to him.

Reply #905741 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:12 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754