Ben
Two years ago

United @ Perth - Mon 12th Dec

9:30pm tip NSW/VIC (I think)

Anticipating a decent game. Win for Perth gives them a decent kick away from the bottom four. United plain just needs a win to fend off a bottom four anchor before it's too late.

Wildcats decent faves for this one, which is fair enough. Tipping United by 3, only because I’d rather see them win.

Topic #50676 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Two years ago

9:30pm tip NSW/VIC (I think)

Correct as it tips off at 6:30pm local.

Reply #906395 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Two years ago

Think the Cats will get this one, they will start winning enough games to finish in the play in but not enough to really make people think they can challenge for the championship.

Reply #906397 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Two years ago

If Illi is playing then United, he makes them so much better.

Reply #906399 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Got no idea, which side turns up for either of these two. Both last start winners and looking better than some of the previous performances. This could be a very good game, good match up in all spots.
At a guess United by 1 in double ot, mainly because I'd rather cats to win and can’t pick a winner.

Reply #906400 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

"Got no idea, which side turns up"

That's a pretty good summary of this season!

Reply #906405 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Perth from some reason struggle with the United. Expect this to be tight game

Reply #906409 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

Melbourne have won seven in a row in Perth apparently.

Reply #906413 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Shame Ili's been out for most of the seasons. United really are a totally different team with him playing.

Reply #906415 | Report this post

Bored  
Two years ago

Would you rather have Manek or Barlow?

Reply #906417 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Why has Vickerman played Okwera, Barlow & Peatling in the first 7 minutes of the game... What is possibly his rationale especially when Peatling isn't an NBL player.

Reply #906419 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

What an awful 5 on the floor for the Cats. Don't know what Rillie is thinking.

Reply #906420 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Well that 5 with no offence didn't score, and the cats lost their lead....

Reply #906421 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Manek can't chuck it in the ocean. Cats let good lead slide.

Reply #906422 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Here comes the ref's, no foul when Thomas mauled, goulding gets it on a bs heave...

Reply #906423 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I'll say it. I think this has been a good game to watch, thus far. It's close, both teams are giving good effort and the crowd seems in to it.

Reply #906424 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

No goaltend? On the way down above the rim???

Reply #906425 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Travers ain't NBA quality. God damn awful.

Reply #906426 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

BC, Webster and Thomas and then nothing.

Reply #906427 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Norton, Blanchfield, when is there contracts over, they not offering much.

Cotton still the mvp.

Reply #906428 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Redhage still live in WA? Any chance of getting him back on the sidelines instead of Hire?

Reply #906429 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Manek 0-5, Norton 0-6, Majok 0-3, not good enough.

Reply #906430 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Humphries has played very well under Vickerman, really finding his best.

Reply #906431 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Will perth look to attack cg43 again??

Reply #906432 | Report this post

Ballman  
Two years ago

Looks to be another night with too many passengers.

Reply #906433 | Report this post

Diop Kick  
Two years ago

How the hell was that contact legal on the Humphries block?

Reply #906434 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Get Travers off.

Reply #906435 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Again with this fucking 5 on the floor!!

Reply #906436 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Good end to the qtr.

Reply #906438 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Cats to many soft players. Big come back though.

Reply #906439 | Report this post

Cat 39  
Two years ago

These commentators... Have to put it on mute. They don't call the game just rant about cotton for 5 possessions straight and he's not even on the court. Get it together

Reply #906440 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Travers at the 4!! Who knew.... looks bloody good, creates a huge mismatch.

Reply #906441 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Absolute bunch of bone heads this wildcats team

Reply #906442 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

If Ili can stay healthy United will really push to make the play-in

Reply #906444 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Manek so bad

Reply #906445 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Two years ago

Hard to argue Bol. The sheer stupidity and poor decision making ability of the Wildcats roster is breathtaking. Rillie needs to get some discipline into this mob and quickly.

Reply #906446 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

Ili clearly fouls to make sure no easy two, Aylen, nothing to see here. Travers showed him the mark in his arm... Aylen didn't care he has done his job this game, as usual

Reply #906447 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

Stop blaming the refs - they were mostly fine. Blame Cotton's supporting cast or lack thereof.

Reply #906448 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Two years ago

After all that praise for Ili he does that

Reply #906449 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

What a fucking win!!!

Reply #906450 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Still not convincing.

Reply #906451 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulez  
Two years ago

Awesome finish!! Didn't deserve the win but we'll take it.

Reply #906452 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Oh my, magnificent game.

United a little unlucky but also a brainless in lots of the game.

Cats got just get a decent 4 man next season and get Blanchfield playing like he did in the last minutes and future looking ok.

Reply #906453 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Crazy streaks can end in crazy fashion

See Hawthorn vs Geelong prelim 2013

Reply #906454 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Ummmm what the fuk?

Turned the game off with ten secs left after Bubbles has iced two freebies. Timeout to Cats down 5. Headed to bed because surely nothing will happen from there .....

Anyone care to provide a precis of the last ten seconds? I'm not going to go back through Kayo.

Reply #906455 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Bunch of yahooing in the commentary. Nice

Reply #906456 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

I don't know if that was a great game but I sure enjoyed that ending

Still trying to figure out how United lost that.

Shout out to Blanchfield. Kinda surprising he was even out there at the death but he came up with some huge plays.

Reply #906457 | Report this post

LV  
Two years ago

Season killer

10 seconds left I was dreaming of a home play-in, after moving to 4-1 with Ili

Now 6-11, a long way off the pace, that was worth double with Perth 8-7 in 6th

Reply #906458 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

Wtf just happened!! United deserved to win that. They have the blueprint on how to beat the wildcats = just rebound.

Can we get a rebounding 4 man in before its too late. Manek is a waste of space.

Reply #906459 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

Couldn't wait, went back and watched the last moments on Kayo. Dumbass Ili for closing out too hard on Blanch when he already had coverage.

And I don’t know if Blanch missed that ft on purpose, but damn he got the most fortuitous bounce you’ll ever see.

Everything had to go the Cats way to get that sun, and it absolutely did. Shattering for United.

Reply #906460 | Report this post

Jack Knife  
Two years ago

Amazing last 10 seconds for Perth to steal the game. I thought they were no chance after the Goulding free throws.

Wildcats have serious issues with their roster for the second year in a row. Even though it may cost a bit, Norton, Majok and Blanchfield need to be moved on before next season. Presumably Wagstaff will also retire after this season. Perhaps they also need some new management to put together a balanced roster.

I don't know why Zunic isn’t getting Norton’s minutes. He is a complete liability on court. One assist was his contribution tonight.

Reply #906462 | Report this post

Anon  
Two years ago

It hardly all went cats way, xrm bank 3 and Ili hail Mary you could say were equally fortuitous, just happened earlier.

Reply #906463 | Report this post

Bol  
Two years ago

It was a nice gift from Ili to foul Blanchfield at the end but it's hard to begrudge him he was a big reason United were in a winning position most of the game. Absolute gun

Reply #906464 | Report this post

Cooked  
Two years ago

I don't agree with Norton - I think Cotton freezing him out, Bryce wanting that point guard spot. The kid can play when allowed Cairns game awesome, got good consistent numbers most games. Has proven years previous when needed he can step up and score good numbers when given the opportunity, but team has to actually consider him an offencesive threat. Cotton just not interested in getting him involved could see it from the start of the season wouldn’t let the ball flow on to Norton completely removed him as an offensive threat by not giving him the ball. Everyone said Cotton carrying the team, well if you take most the shots and not give anyone else the chance that’s the responsibility you have. Blanchfield until tonight actually got the ball, once his team mates actually showed confidence in him he lifted. Norton has stepped up when needed and when given the opportunity. He has been benched because flow of the ball is better without him on the court why is that oh Cotton shutting him out. Now Webster on the scene he is taking the same line with Norton. Norton under the basket Webster dribbles straight to him and rather than giving him the ball for easy bucket (to get him going) he passes it - creates turn over. They spoke about boxing out - Norton the only Wildcat to actually box out every time. Don’t get me wrong Cotton and Webster killing it but to exclude players so obviously and then the coach to buy into to it. When a players confidence is low, taking a hit. Hard to watch his own team mates kick him while he is down. Norton has given more in points than Martin ever did, created more shots and been so unselfish for his team. While defensively working his ass off hard to watch as a Wildcat. Worst thing is head coach kicking him as well. I like him, seemed to always want to get everyone else on the team going first then worry about himself, team guy. He has been benched, excluded from the plays, DP’s getting more minutes than him and the head coach looks like his "i am going to get the best out of each player" just a comment. Our Stronger than one - lets see who is going to help him out of this as they have Todd. His mental health can’t be good, hope someone is watching that.

Reply #906466 | Report this post

Cooked  
Two years ago

I don't agree with Norton - I think Cotton freezing him out, Bryce wanting that point guard spot. The kid can play when allowed Cairns game awesome, got good consistent numbers most games. Has proven years previous when needed he can step up and score good numbers when given the opportunity, but team has to actually consider him an offencesive threat. Cotton just not interested in getting him involved could see it from the start of the season wouldn’t let the ball flow on to Norton completely removed him as an offensive threat by not giving him the ball. Everyone said Cotton carrying the team, well if you take most the shots and not give anyone else the chance that’s the responsibility you have. Blanchfield until tonight actually got the ball, once his team mates actually showed confidence in him he lifted. Norton has stepped up when needed and when given the opportunity. He has been benched because flow of the ball is better without him on the court why is that oh Cotton shutting him out. Now Webster on the scene he is taking the same line with Norton. Norton under the basket Webster dribbles straight to him and rather than giving him the ball for easy bucket (to get him going) he passes it - creates turn over. They spoke about boxing out - Norton the only Wildcat to actually box out every time. Don’t get me wrong Cotton and Webster killing it but to exclude players so obviously and then the coach to buy into to it. When a players confidence is low, taking a hit. Hard to watch his own team mates kick him while he is down. Norton has given more in points than Martin ever did, created more shots and been so unselfish for his team. While defensively working his ass off hard to watch as a Wildcat. Worst thing is head coach kicking him as well. I like him, seemed to always want to get everyone else on the team going first then worry about himself, team guy. He has been benched, excluded from the plays, DP’s getting more minutes than him and the head coach looks like his "i am going to get the best out of each player" just a comment. Our Stronger than one - lets see who is going to help him out of this as they have Todd. His mental health can’t be good, hope someone is watching that.

Reply #906467 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Two years ago

Norton had 3 open looks from the arc and bricked them all, then drove into Humphries twice and got blocked.
I'm a huge fan of his but the league is faster and more athletic every year and unfortunately I think his time is up.

Reply #906469 | Report this post

Cooked  
Two years ago

Another Anon - still don't agree. We seem very quick to just cast players aside. There were a few players that bricked their shots and turned the ball over and got the foul called. They just got the court time to recover themselves unlike him. I am more concerned and interested as a team, who is going to step in and help him up. We as Wildcats continually say we have great culture etc is going to try to get him going. Will be interesting but appreciate and respect your opinion. I have a Son and Daughter and would be very proud if they took it upon themselves to help a team mate up than kick them when down. Also we need to be mindful - sometimes people have things going on in their lives we no nothing about. He does seem to not be himself for sure. I would like to see him get the support of his team mates and Coaching staff would most likely be good for confidence. Rally around him perhaps.

Reply #906470 | Report this post

Scout  
Two years ago

Paragraphs

Please

Reply #906472 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Norton has been way out of form, doesn't mean he can’t find form again, if not he’s still useful bench player. Cotton is the best player in the league, he’s not freezing anyone out, he plays to win.

Reply #906479 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

Corey Webster is fast becoming the Wildcats best pickup in a long while. He is a stud

Reply #906483 | Report this post

Drexler  
Two years ago

Norton will find form but he is light years, eons, parallel universes below Cotton in value to the club. I am more than happy for Cotton and anyone else for that matter to not pass to hims so far this season, however I've thought the same about Todd and he was pivotal last night so Mitchs time to shine is not far off.

It was loud as fark in there what a Monday night!

Reply #906486 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Shout out to the people who exited before the game was over.

Crazy back-from-the-dead victories are great and all, but nothing beats the feeling of getting back to your car before most of the other people.

Reply #906487 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

Check the last 10 seconds, horrible, horrible box out from XRM to go with his six turnovers. United are just not that smart a team this season. There imports not on the money either, though Lee looks an asset.

Reply #906489 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Two years ago

Check the last 10 seconds, horrible, horrible box out from XRM

One of the first things I checked was how Blanchfield ended up with the ball after the missed free throw. I figured he must have gone early to end up with it.
Nope. Just stood there and let it pretty much fall into his hands, as XRM had opted to run away.
You had one job!

Reply #906490 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Two years ago

I think Rillie has been reasonably impressive in his first senior year of coaching, yes mistakes made, compared to cj though probably doing better. Travers to the four and Blanchfield on in the last 1/4 actually won the game, even if slightly lucky. You don't replace a Gleeson overnight, certainly with an aging squad as well doesn’t help either.

Reply #906495 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

There was a possession in the second quarter where XRM looked off Lee posting up Norton and Ili being guarded by absolutely nobody in order to take a contested deep three. He made it, but it was phenomenally dumb.

Reply #906504 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Shout out to the people who exited before the game was over.

Crazy back-from-the-dead victories are great and all, but nothing beats the feeling of getting back to your car before most of the other people.

Love it.

Nothing will ever top that crazy Razorbacks game at Challenge where a group of fans left at HT thinking we had won it super early followed by another set leaving at 3QT because we had lost the lead and it turned into a reverse blowout only to epically recover and win it in the fourth.

Reply #906506 | Report this post

koberulz  
Two years ago

Either it was OT or I'm thinking of a different game. I missed the OT game, sadly, and that was back when games weren't on TV.

But who the hell leaves at half time? Why even bother going?

Reply #906532 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

Yes, it was a non-TV game.

No idea why fans would leave so early but at the time the Razorbacks were no hopers and a win against them considered so inevitable that with a blowout score at HT they figured there was no point sticking around.

Reply #906560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754