Reader
Two years ago

Craig Randall behind the scenes footage

The NBL's latest episode of its documentary on kayo has some behind the scenes footage of the Craig Randall saga. Looks like he was a big whinger.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/debacle-damning-footage-exposes-craig-randalls-selfishness-before-adelaide-36ers-sacking/news-story/ac8dd34cf2c0076544190d3fc0446151

Topic #50719 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Two years ago

In case you're wondering, the episode is called 'Brisbane and Baynes', despite spending exactly 0 seconds of the episode talking about Brisbane

Reply #907410 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Looks like Randall went to work from game 1, complaining about CJ "yeling at him" (as though he were meant to whisper instructors from the sideline). Craig Randall has all the physical tools of an NBA player but he hasnt got the temprement to last as a professional basketball player. He'll be in crypto in a year or two.

Reply #907411 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Crypto worked out for bolden.

Reply #907412 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Where there is smoke there's fire. That's my motto for anyone in life. Jumping to victim status and simultaneously creating a cancerous environment around him. Not normal behaviour.

No dickhead policy.

Reply #907413 | Report this post

Ben  
Two years ago

I was a little surprised this footage was aired.

It's all Randall’s doing, but it paints him in a significantly negative light. Don’t know who his agent is, but perhaps the NBL looked at this and figured it was a bridge they could burn.

On the other hand as Manu alluded to, it signals to others here and abroad that the NBL generally won’t tolerate dickheads and puts pork chops on notice. I like this.

Reply #907416 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Two years ago

This guy must have been a massive bitch for the league to actively go after him in this fashion no holds barred.

Reply #907421 | Report this post

KET  
Two years ago

Entertaining if not anything else

Reply #907424 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

PW, that bit after the timeout where he's roaming around just having a general rant without eye contact or being constructive at all... "that's not fair to me. I know you want me to stay calm, I'm a grown ass man you know that". Super neurotic dude, entitled, selfish.

I actually commented on this forum's game thread against Phoenix Suns. He was hot then turned it over on consecutive possessions doing selfish things, and I said that's why he'll never make the NBA. It was evident well before Round 1. Even in preseason game threads people here commented how he's just jacking like crazy and that he's the third best import.

Just a wanker, glad the league released that.

Reply #907428 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

Adelaide were told of his attitude before signing him..

Reply #907429 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Weedy Slug, doesn't have much of a bearing on anything. Sixers would have been stupid if they persisted with him, but they didn't. They gave him a go and said nah he's too much of a pain in the ass, piss off.

How much money did they pay him in the end, any idea?

Reply #907430 | Report this post

Basket 91  
Two years ago

Adelaide took a chance on him as he was cheap given his attitude which is why he didn't get an nba call up last season

Reply #907431 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Two years ago

Even in preseason game threads people here commented how he's just jacking like crazy and that he's the third best import.

They certainly did!

How much money did they pay him in the end, any idea?

It wouldn't have been much as he was released after six games just before his contract would've become guaranteed for the rest of the season.

Reply #907432 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Two years ago

Randall is an absolute flog of the first degree. I can't understand why they even recruited him, because they were warned about him. Could you imagine Randall talking like that to any other coach and then last another six games.
Junior and the club were totally out of their depth with this player. They may not care too much about his agent, but this is just another scenario of where the Adelaide dirty tricksters are just a poorly run organisation. Decent agents would advise players to keep well clear.

Reply #907433 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

Who is junior that is referred to above

Reply #907437 | Report this post

Jimmyhooper15  
Two years ago

He was literally a team chemistry killer. I can't believe they put up with his antics for as long as they did.

Reply #907438 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Two years ago

Junior is Cal Bruton Junior (CJ Bruton)

Reply #907440 | Report this post

Reader  
Two years ago

I just realised you can watch these episodes on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFVMa7ftJEs

Reply #907729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754