Camel 31
Last year

Cairns v 36ers

IF the 36ers clicked they could win. But I don't think it's likely to happen.
They go to America at the start of the NBL Season, come back jet-lagged and lose,
then it's playing catch up. Wrong time, wrong place.

Topic #50851 | Report this topic

Daly  
Last year

Cairns is banged up. Adelaide coming off a 9 day break. I see the 36ers getting a win tonight with nothing to lose.

Reply #910624 | Report this post

Daly  
Last year

Kai Sotto breakout game incoming.

25pts, 13 rebs, 4 blks

Reply #910625 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm just hoping for a good game, unless Cairns are to badly banged up, should get this by a few.
Adelaide been a major disappointment.

Reply #910628 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Kai Sotto breakout game incoming.

25pts, 13 rebs, 4 blks

Add in a steal or two as well since he can do it all.

Reply #910630 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Sixers playing for Pride LOL

Reply #910631 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Imagine if the 36ers used these games to try and improve for next year....

Nah, that'd be ridiculous.

Reply #910632 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Whoever in Adelaide decided to give Mccarron big coin deserves to be fired.

Reply #910633 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Its a bit disappointing to lose a 9 point lead in such a small span of time.

Reply #910634 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Probably has been. If we have to see him next year that will hurt.

Reply #910635 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Mccaron looks so unfit, it's like he’s got his retirement package and going through the motions. Hopefully Cairns put Sixers to sleep today.

Reply #910638 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Pinder looks dumb in those glasses.

I have no other comment to make about the game.

Reply #910640 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Ket he has an eye injury. I'd expect the TV lights in the stadium wouldn’t be comfortable. Moron

Reply #910641 | Report this post

Sarge  
Last year

Sixers just don't like passing the ball.

Reply #910644 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Pet peeve: players who won't launch a hail mary when a quarter is about to expire

Reply #910645 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Drimic hit to the head on McCall would get a week in the afl.

Reply #910646 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

What is CJ doing with these random subs?

Reply #910647 | Report this post

JoelMVP  
Last year

Adelaide are absolutely terrible even when they win. This is shit, fans deserve so much better than this stuff. GK has spent his money in all the wrong areas.

Reply #910649 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Crazy last minute

Onya sixers

Reply #910650 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

A win is a win even if ugly.

Reply #910651 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

" Ket he has an eye injury. I'd expect the TV lights in the stadium wouldn't be comfortable. Moron"

Why does that excuse the ridiculous stylistic choice?

The comment was clearly on the style. Way to miss the obvious, “Moron”.

Reply #910652 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Nice to see a win even if it means nothing. Such a frustrating team though.

Reply #910653 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Last year

Cairns aren't great, I've said that for ages now, but for Adelaide to take this one... That's BS. Of course they won on merits, but for a team so loaded with talent to take it from a true 'team' that's punching above its weight. I don't know, but of an injustice

Reply #910654 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Taipans not showing enough pride in their performances lately

Reply #910655 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

Sixers so much better without DJ.

Reply #910656 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good last quarter, Sixers showing plenty heart, too many turnovers by Cairns down the stretch. Sixers are jeckle and hyde. Breakers should get second now, wheels falling of at Cairns.

Reply #910657 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

The wheels were securely attached, but the Phoenix & 36ers pried them off.

Reply #910658 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Just typical of this pathetic team. When a spot in the playoffs was on the line, we shit ourselves and go on a five game losing streak and as soon we're out of the playoff race and the pressure is off go up there and beat a Top 2 team on their home floor.

Reply #910660 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

From your years of posting Pinder's "red dot" tattoo has more styling than you! Moron! The guys a professional athlete, is slightly out there, drives a muscle car...he isn’t going to wear OTR sunglasses. What a F Stick you are

Reply #910665 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Watching Kayo on delay. When the actual live stream stops, the delayed game stops, gives you a Hungry Jack's add and goes back to start. That is 3rd time that has happened. Frustrating!

Adelaide effort good tonight. Where was it for the rest of the year. The courtside contactor said CJ was constantly drumming the same message in, sounds like it sunk in. Why wasn't Galloway on earlier as he always seemed to be a good match up for Vardenburg who was on tonight.

Cleveland has to be the priority for next year. His focus on D at the end has single handedly won us a few games this year and his offense is much better than expected

Agree with above, shits me when players won't take shot at end of quarter to protect their shooting %, selfish attitude. CJ should sit them.

Reply #910667 | Report this post

Anon  
Last year

The subtle pride dig above deserves to be acknowledged.

Reply #910677 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Last year

Yes, had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that.

Reply #910681 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Agreed on Galloway Peter. He's a perfect matchup for Waardenburg. I think he’s shown enough in limited minutes that we should look at a much bigger role for him next year. Especially if DJ does leave, he would be a nice stretch big man who can give a little rim protection as well.

Reply #910697 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Mccarron with 0 points in 27 minutes which was quite helpful.

Reply #910705 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Last year

I think the Taipans 6 wins on the trot after Pinder got injured at Xmas have been overstated by the media and commentators. It was certainly a good effort but 4 of those games were against the bottom 3 teams and one was against SEM who had 2 imports missing. The last of those wins against NZ was a very good one however NZ were without Brown.

Since that game they have struggled with 3 losses and a win against Brisbane who were without Cadee, Krebs and Froling with the Taipans only putting them away near the end. Significantly 2 of the losses were against top 6 teams where the contest was even with a few minutes to go and then they were over run. Forde has been running a short rotation for some time now and I'm inclined to think this had something to do with them being over run in those 2 losses.

I thought they did reasonably well last night considering the circumstances. It was their 3rd game in 6 days and Adelaide were coming off a 9 day break. On top of that McCall was playing injured and restricted in his movements and I suspect Scott may be carrying an injury as well. Waardenburg played very well but is also banged up.

I don't think it's a bad thing they lost as it's now almost certain they will finish 3rd. The game against the Wildcats on Friday now becomes less important. I would be leaving McCall at home and would be giving the bench more minutes.

Reply #910716 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

They should leave the whole starting 5 at home. Think big picture now. Let them freshen up. Big campaign ahead. That's my impartial advice.

Reply #910718 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^
Agreed, take third place and rest up, they have earned it by finishing third. Anyone carrying injuries leave home.

Reply #910719 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:06 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754