Anonymightymouse
Last year

Justin Robinson re-signs with Illawarra

Great news for the Hawks. Having Robinson, Harvey and Froling locked in is a good start to the off-season. Also suggest things are good internally if Robinson chooses to come back after sitting through most of the season.

https://nbl.com.au/news/robinson-to-run-it-back-with-hawks

Topic #50855 | Report this topic

AussiePride  
Last year

I think they based the resigning on Robinson still topping the season assist averages on the NBL website despite having played only one game.

Reply #910695 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

They got plenty money, hopefully this is a good signing.

Reply #910696 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

who stays who goes? and who should they sign in free agency

Reply #910709 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

They need a few smarter players, Robinson might help there but they have lost games not getting the ball into the right hands.

Reply #910712 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Still under contract (as far as I can tell):

Harvey
Robinson
Swaka Lo Buluk
Froling
Mudronja

FAs (possibly - can't find info on some):

Hickey - FA? Should retain
Deng Deng - FA? Worth retaining at the right price
Akoldah Gak - FA? Should retain
Siva - FA? Doubt he returns
Dent - FA? Should retain
Frazier - FA. Looked pretty good but probably not a position of need with Robinson returning.
White - FA? Doubt he returns

Reply #910720 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Robinson is a good signing for the Hawks I thought he looked alright at the Blitz and then got hurt in the season opener. Unfortunately for the Hawks his injury was compounded by Mathiang being a bust as replacement for Reath and Siva shouldn't have gotten another contract. The Frazier gamble seemed to pay-off somewhat and at least Harvey started pulling his finger out in the second half of the season.

I can't find it now but pretty sure when it was announced the last year of Mudronja's contract was a team option. The 3 year deal he signed with the Hawks was first year an injury replacement player (never played), second year on the roster (this season) and third year a team option.

Akoldah Gak is an absolute mystery to me. He's been with the Hawks for 3 years now and they still never give him court time. More DNP's than games played. Somehow he got on the Chicago Bulls Summer League team last off-season. What would be the point of re-signing him if the bottom team in the league is so reluctant to give him court time?

Reply #910722 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Confirmation on Mudronja.

The re-signing of Robinson means the guard will join Tyler Harvey, Sam Froling, Dan Grida and Wani Swaka Lo Buluk as a confirmed member of the Hawks' roster for NBL24. The Hawks also hold options on the contracts of Will Hickey and Alex Mudronja.

https://nbl.com.au/news/robinson-to-run-it-back-with-hawks

Reply #910725 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Two imports already, Campbell talked about a local four, third import should be a scoring, defensive two, three.
Robinson
Harvey
Import
Good local
Froling

Dent
Hickey
Lo Bulak
Coenrad
Experience local
Local who can cover a few spots,

Reply #910744 | Report this post

Saint23  
Last year

weren't they looking at signing Duop reath again

Reply #910746 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Last year

Deadset star, this guy Robinson.
Was an MVP candidate this season and will be again if he comes back fine after the year off.

Hawks could make genuine noise next season. He'll elevate Froling's game too.

Reply #910750 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Robinson(I), Harvey(I), Kuol(Cairns), Kay(Japan), Wetzell(Germany)
+
Mudronja, Galloway(Sydney), Grida, GGak, Froling
+
NS, Buluk

Reply #910755 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^^^
Dream on.

Reply #910757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754