GordonG
Last year

Breakers v JackJumpers SF3 19/2

Final game to decide the GF contenders. This one could go down to the wire.

Topic #50924 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

Yep think it will go down to the wire, I would've been happy with this as the GF, as good as JJs are I’m hoping for breakers win as they could trouble kings in GF, JJs seem to struggle big time with kings.

NZ by 2.

Reply #912510 | Report this post

Tom Nix  
Last year

Jack jumpers have the confidence and the momentum. Home court will help the Breakers but they need to be aggressive and play with no fear.
That is why I would like to see Glidden play early in the game. Rupert and Abercrombie have been reluctant to put it up and with Brantley and Brown not lighting it up from outside we have become tentative. Whichever team seizes the moment before the other will decide the game.
Brantley is key. Take it to the hoop. Money!
Defensively switch the pick and roll. AND STAY WITH THE DOUBLE TEAM.
Establish and win the first 5 minutes.

Reply #912513 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

I agree: the Breakers need to come out firing and build a lead. The longer the game is close the more confidence the JJs will have to close it out.

Reply #912522 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Winner gets to get fucked over by the refs in the grand final. Thrilling stakes.

Reply #912556 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Last year

This type of game May not suit the Breakers particularly well.

The problem being that with the emotional behind the game they are liable to try to play "harder", meaning more physical and as they often toe the line..too physical to their detriment

Reply #912563 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Last year

If you want to be technical and review it..fine..but then change the call to an over the back foul on Brantley

Reply #912564 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Last year

Doyle has to play the full 40. Absolutely can't take him off at all. Even a tired Doyle is better than no Doyle

Reply #912565 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

JJs slightly ahead. Breakers looking nervous.

Reply #912566 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Last year

Breakers getting away with a lot. Extremely physical play not being called

Reply #912567 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Last year

Regardless breakers are probably going to roll them by 30 odd now

Reply #912568 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Never seen so many an 1s in life.

Moral of the story? You are NOT allowed to defend in the NBL.

The NBL do not want anyone defending.

Defense means low scores. That means the NBL in there delusional minds cannot claim it is the 2nd best league in the world

Reply #912570 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Last year

Unfortunately it's the modern day approach to refereeing at all
Levels. If referees see any type of contact now they call it as a defensive foul without considering whether the defender might have actually been in legal defensive position.

Reply #912571 | Report this post

Tom Nix  
Last year

Back in it at half. Best team will win. Brantley, Brown cooking.

Reply #912573 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes good even game.

Reply #912574 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Why is the picture so green?

Reply #912577 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

LOL all what you need to do if you are a referee in this league is just get a family member or friend to place a bet on the overs in a game you are going to officiate in and just call everything and anything that moves a foul.

LOL look at this game, in 30 minutes, there has been 36 fouls called and 40 Fts attempted.

Sooo easy to do.

Why not earn an extra bit of cash on the side, i would. Who would ever catch you?

Reply #912578 | Report this post

Tom Nix  
Last year

Looking shaky.

Reply #912580 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Jacket, if scores are so high why would the bookies not adjust the over/under score accordingly?

Reply #912581 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

So the question is did breakers throw game two to close out at home

Reply #912586 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Well there goes any chance of me watching the grand final.

Reply #912587 | Report this post

Tom Nix  
Last year

Well done Breakers. Ugly but got the job done,

Reply #912588 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Last year

Both Australia and New Zealand unite in support for the Breakers in the GF

Reply #912589 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

The fairy tale continues for Moar's Breakers.
Tasmania played hard and made NZ work for it.

Reply #912591 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Another successful season for Tasmania & congratulations to NZ who have had done it tough in the last two seasons or so. An excellent job by their coach too.

Reply #912592 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Largest city in NZ v largest city in Australia.

I enjoy the game, tough no nonsense contest and yes some calls were probably wrong but you felt they were even. Hopefully these three get GF, so much better than the Mayberry team.

WMW defence in the fourth when it was close was superb. Brown again is a game changer, breakers as a team all contribute. Congratulations to Moady and his whole team.

Congratulations to JJs, play the game correctly, tough and with the right attitude. Some of there players play so much better than at there previous clubs. Coach Roth come across as very honourable person and I've gone from doubting his appointment to a true believer.

Reply #912594 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

It won't be those three, it'll be Mayberry and Aylen with a third. Probably Reid.

Reply #912596 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Mayberry is in Buford pocket.

Reply #912597 | Report this post

GordonG  
Last year

Would expect the refs to be Michael Aylen Vaughan, Mayberry and Chris Reid. Fourth ref could be anyone of the refs panel.

Reply #912605 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Both Australia and New Zealand unite in support for the Breakers in the GF

Reply #912639 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

PW

I really like how the Murray has dried up to allow Victorian support to leak into NSW that is outside of the violet crumbling Sydney fortress.

But I agree with the sentiment.

Reply #912645 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Noice, PW

Reply #912647 | Report this post

Surely the part of NSW, South of the Sutherland shire should be added to the Breakers support map.

Reply #912655 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I got it off Twitter - if it was my design the Illawarra would have definitely been represented.

#AnyoneButSydney

Reply #912685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754