Luuuc
Last year

Semi Finals: [1] Townsville vs [4] Perth

Thu 09/03 - 6:30pm - Townsville vs Perth (ESPN, 9Now)
Sun 12/03 - 3:30pm - Perth vs Townsville (ESPN)
Thu 16/03 - 6:30pm - Townsville vs Perth (ESPN) (if required)

Topic #50970 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

I'd like to see Perth win this, very long shots though.

Reply #913355 | Report this post

Shotblocker  
Last year

Thus should be a great game, though the way the Fire are playing right now they are looking hard to beat

Reply #913408 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

I like how they scheduled this so I can't watch any of the games.

Reply #913411 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

Funny how the two semis have panned out in regards to travel. This semi series has the most brutal travel schedule possible in the WNBL while the other semi series is a crosstown series lol. Hoping for a Lynx upset, though expecting a Fire win.

Reply #913412 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

I like how they scheduled this so I can't watch any of the games.

WA fans aside, 6:30pm doesn't seem like the optimal tip-off time for the home fans either. During the season their games were 7:00pm or 7:30pm. Seems a bit rude for the #1 team.
7:00pm would at least have let most Perth fans catch the 2nd half.

Lynx have got it in them to beat anyone on the night, but the Fire have been the toughest matchup for us this season. They're a very smart and mentally tough team on top of their good spread of talent. And are the only team we haven't managed to beat at least once.

Reply #913427 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Last year

Might be 7.30 PM EEDST, now.

Reply #913436 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

WA fans aside, 6:30pm doesn't seem like the optimal tip-off time for the home fans either. During the season their games were 7:00pm or 7:30pm. Seems a bit rude for the #1 team.
7:00pm would at least have let most Perth fans catch the 2nd half.
I actually like the 4.30s normally, it's over and I've still got my evening. Obviously for people stuck in a 9-5 it's less convenient. Meanwhile I'm over here wanting them to stop scheduling games on the weekends, because that's when I'm unavailable.

Reply #913442 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

LOL ESPN
Scheduling just got slightly more WA-friendly due to technical difficulties

Reply #913445 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Reid has been killing us all season, and isn't showing any signs of stopping now.

Reply #913446 | Report this post

loungefly  
Last year

I know everyone does it these days but I can't believe how much palming/carrying Reid gets away with. 100% of the ball is above her hand on every dribble...

Reply #913447 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

*Very* expensive brain fade by Burrows

Reply #913449 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very bad last couple minutes from Perth. Long way back now.

Reply #913450 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

What coach Petrik asked the the Lynx to do in the last eight seconds made perfect sense but they *really* botched the execution. Instead of down by 6, they're down by double digits at the half. Ouch.

Reply #913451 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

How can Reid not be in the All Star 5 first or second team?! Ridiculous

Reply #913453 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Well played Fire.
Too good again.

Reply #913457 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Enjoyable game, fire to strong but a bad finish to the half and a banked three really hurt Perth.

Reply #913458 | Report this post

Bored  
Last year

Seems odd for Lynx to use an import spot on a player then not even play Ryan. Why is she playing the least minutes out of the top 6.

Reply #913459 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

Steph Reid and bad three point shooting killed the Lynx tonight. While their shooting may return for Game 2, I think guarding Steph Reid will be more problematic for the Lynx. They don't have a good individual defender to match up on her and the help defence wasn't there tonight. They have a couple of days to work something out.

Reply #913460 | Report this post

Shotblocker  
Last year

loungefly
Within the hour

I know everyone does it these days but I can't believe how much palming/carrying Reid gets away with. 100% of the ball is above her hand on every dribble...

Both her and Heal carry the ball constantly when they do that hop step especially, and never get called, and whilst she very good at getting to the basket she gets away with initiating the contact just about every time she gets a foul in her favour , but Lynx we're simply outplayed tonight , Perths guards let them down ( exception Whitcomb, but she had a few brain fades tonight )

Reply #913462 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Yes, they very much struggle with left hand dribbling

Broadcast to the world and they fk it up again.

Reply #913469 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

If Tayah Burrows doesn't commit a dumbass USF, the margin probably never blows out and the entire second half plays out completely differently.

Remove that, account for the fact that the Lynx couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and their first-half pick-and-roll coverage appeared to be "everyone collapse onto the roller and the give the ballhandler a free lane", and it's hardly panic stations.

Reply #913471 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

Apparently Lynx had a lot of trouble with flights & basically went straight from the airport to the game. Might explain the 2nd half fade

Reply #913530 | Report this post

Cosmo Spacely  
Last year

It was the Refs and the media that were delayed I believe that Perth was there the day before.

Reply #913531 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

No excuses then I guess

Reply #913561 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Apparently Lynx had a lot of trouble with flights & basically went straight from the airport to the game. Might explain the 2nd half fade

There was no 2nd half fade.
Perth lost the 1st half by 11, and lost the 2nd half by 2.

The decisive time was the back end of the 2nd quarter. Other than that, the teams were pretty much going blow for blow.

Our short rotation will typically make us prone to late fades, but last night the Fire ran a pretty short rotation as well so I'd call it a wash in the fatigue department.

Reply #913598 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Let's go Lynx!

Reply #913737 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

The Lauren Scherf banked three off the dribble was impressive.

Reply #913739 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Nothing on WNBL socials, yet again.

Reply #913740 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Chill, Nicholson. Geez!

Reply #913741 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

Jenni Screen's answer to everything is to ramp up the physicality lol.

Reply #913746 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Collier doing a good enough job as the only FT employee?

Reply #913747 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

^^ no

Reply #913752 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Describing this as the Lynx's "first year together" is...odd. Half the team played in the grand final last season.

Reply #913754 | Report this post

SP  
Last year

At least that was the most exciting game of the finals so far. Disappointing end to the season for the Lynx but their defensive mediocrity caught up with them. They should be pretty happy with their season overall though - beat the more fancied Bendigo to a finals spot and played some really entertaining basketball.

So Shyla Heal is off to Europe next WNBL season. Curious to see where she ends up because her recent performance as a starting guard hasn't been very good and her generally inefficient offensive play won't be tolerated if she's an import.

Reply #913755 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

Collier doing a good enough job as the only FT employee?

She's fine IMO. But she needs more support and resources.

Reply #913768 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754