Chrisp
Last year

Chase Bulford fined

https://nbl.com.au/news/buford-fined

Topic #50983 | Report this topic

Crackers65  
Last year

Poor little chasey got hit with a feather doing his best popovich impersonation.

Reply #913927 | Report this post

Kev  
Last year

If it was Joey Wright making those comments, NBL would have attempted to deport him

Reply #913932 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

If the NBL suspended him, they'd lose credibility and maybe sponsor goodwill, especially if Breakers won. If they fined him, they’d lose credibility as well.
Lesser of two evils for the NBL?

A total crock of sh.t, is what I think - the NBL code of conduct for coaches is a joke and should not be taken seriously. Guidelines which aren’t binding, in other words.

Larry, show some balls and do something meaningful about coach behaviour if you want the league to be respected.

Reply #913935 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

How weak is this.

He continues to get away with stuff and has had suspensions hanging over his head and nothing happens.

Smith probable pays the fines anyway.

Reply #913942 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Sadly this is the bullshit outcome we all foresaw.

Reply #913945 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes I believe it BS as well but it's probably the correct call by the nbl. If it happens again though should be five week suspension.

The annoying thing is that even though the kings have a good squad is that Buford can coach, there is no need for ref blaming etc, it’s like a small child chucking a tantrum.

Reply #913946 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Chase appointed by Pondgrass former NBA GM, Chase's father R.C. one of the most powerful executives in the NBA. The NBL likes being buddy buddy with the NBA.

Chase could do a Sprewell on Vaughan Mayberry and Vaughan would have to write a letter of apology to him for upsetting him.

Reply #913950 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Here is a list I've compiled of Buford's fines and suspensions - it's becoming hard to keep track. Let me know if I've missed any or if you'd like other indiscretions included.

14/03/2023 $ 3,500 @ NZB Press conference - more bitching and moaning
18/02/2023 $ 1,875 @ CNS Sideline - abusing Nico Fernandes and Vaughan Mayberry
30/12/2022 $ N/A @ SEM Found to have breached his one-game suspended sentence from 2021-22 on 18/12/2022 @ SEM to be applied vs. TAS on 30/12/2022
09/05/2022 $ 375 @ TAS Sideline - striking of a LED panel causing damage
28/04/2022 $10,000 @HOME Press conference - naming Chris Reid as the referee he didn't want to see in an upcoming semi-final and writing profanities on the officials' door. Reid was allocated to the other series. Suspended one-game sentence.

All within the space of a calendar year.

Reply #913952 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Errr within twelve months, not calendar year.

Reply #913953 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

I'd be keen to see him lose it in the final and get tossed

Reply #913962 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Likewise, Knowall

Reply #913963 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

That would be awesome.

Reply #913964 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Quite a rap sheet Perthworld.

Fines mean nothing. He probably doesn't pay them from his own salary anyway. Weak as p!ss by the NBL.

I'm a huge fan of LK, Loeliger, anyone involved in making the NBL into what it is today. But this is one area where it's not good enough.

Reply #913967 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

With the rap sheet he could get a one game suspension during the regular season imo but not finals

Reply #913969 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Quite a rap sheet Perthworld.

Fines mean nothing. He probably doesn't pay them from his own salary anyway. Weak as p!ss by the NBL.

I'm a huge fan of LK, Loeliger, anyone involved in making the NBL into what it is today. But this is one area where it's not good enough.

No doubt re: payment. In one of their official press releases Sydney stated that the repair bill for the damaged LED would be paid for by the club. These fines are irrelevant to Buford.

I get that the NBL are trying to insert themselves into the anus of the NBA but there has to be a limit for the sake of integrity.

Reply #913970 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Absolutely, it's beyond a joke now.

Reply #913971 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

They should have given him a $10k fine and 2 game suspension during the season so he didn't do this come post-season.

It will be funny if the referees feel aggrieved about this and the foul count favours the Breakers tonight.

Reply #913979 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

It will be funny if the referees feel aggrieved about this and the foul count favours the Breakers tonight.

Now you've put ideas in my head.

I can imagine Mayberry going from most despised to cult hero if he were to do the right thing tonight, wink wink.

LK would retire him afterwards but he'd finally have found redemption and go out in a blaze of glory. Vaughan this is your time.

Reply #913988 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

Go on, Vaughan: EJECT CHASE BUFORD.

Reply #914018 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Last year

What I want to know is if Chase knew how the refs were going to call the game, why didn't he coach his players to overcome it? Pretty ordinary if he didn't make the adjustments!

Reply #914027 | Report this post

LAKingsKempe  
Last year

Well worth 3k. Refs scared to call Cooks or the whole Kings team in the 4th.

Reply #914091 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

Now the Wanker wins another title so he gets rewarded even though he is an absolute dick with the way he carries on.

Should have been sudpended a number of times but NBL have no guts and do anything about it.

Reply #914154 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754