Last year

To all the haters

Quite simple really

SUCK IT

Especially
Perfword
DUNKMAN

HOW YOU LIKE THAT LOSERS!

Ps Sydney is the capital of Australia :)

#nobodybutsydney
#therestmakingupthenumbers

Mic drop

Topic #50987 | Report this topic

Pinch  
Last year

And this is why I hate Sydney people...…

Reply #914173 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

Don't worry we hate you to :)

But more importantly we love winning

Reply #914174 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

LOL stay classy Sydney.

I didn't expect any more random -world users would post, after the introduction of mandatory registration, but there you go.

Reply #914176 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

Well I been waiting all year to come and serve this up to you guys and it's been worth the wait lol

To be honest your hatred for Sydney is welcome but it has also made you all delusional :)

Actually Yekaterinburg of you are from perf or Melbourne so I guess you were born delusional:)

Reply #914177 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Mic drop

No, it was a water bottle drop.

Reply #914178 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

We were trying to help the ref out , he was making some bad calls due to dehydration lol

Reply #914179 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I congratulated kings on their wins and predicted at the start last season and this season they would win it. I also pointed out that the refs had bias towards them, it's my opinion and I’m allowed it. With the game on the line in the fourth and nz playing good defence the foul count went four nil against the breakers, second possession kill you like offensive rebounds. Overall I’m happy to see kings do well but I like humility which is not a kings trait.
I’m just unhappy we are not starting another season next week.

Reply #914182 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Ah, The Violet Crumbles, a history of disappointment, except a few times Melbournians helped you get some success- Heal, Smith, Goorjian etc.

What's the record when Melbourne faces Sydney in the playoffs?

Enjoy the back2back. Without Cooks you'll be back with the pack.

Reply #914183 | Report this post

Unicorn  
Last year

Refs were OK, Breakers just shot very poorly in the last quarter.

Cooks AKA The Wizard King had his best game because his corky finally started to loosen up.

Reply #914184 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

[What's the record when Melbourne faces Sydney in the playoffs?]

And of course, remove 2020 with the 42 fouls to 11 in Game 3

(or 27 to 15, whatever it was, same same)

Feels like Melbourne has generally had it over Sydney when it counts

Reply #914187 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

Lol LV you reaching now going back in the past :)

Anyway I am just enjoying this moment as I am sure you would all enjoy it if we loss.

But we didn't lose we won :)

Reply #914188 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

I am a big Perth fan, to be honest I don't really mind the fact Sydney won... they were the best team all season so I see it as a deserving win. The team was solid, just overshadowed by a douche of a coach and owner... but I dont take it away from the team themselves, they deserved the championship and to go back to back.

However don't really understand this post abusing people for not liking another team? isnt that normal in sport? Don't really see the point to stoop to a level of telling people (online at that) to suck it? Why not just be happy with the teams victory and celebrate it?

Anyways, well done Sydney... losing Cooks will be tough to replace but next season should be exciting!

Reply #914193 | Report this post

Kev  
Last year

When you beat a NBA side, then come tell us

Reply #914241 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

Tell you what ? That we beat an NBA team but couldn't win a nbl title ? Or let alone make the finals?

All good I am satisfied with back to back :)

Reply #914297 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

Also Big Fudge I am not really abusing anybody anyway I just said suck it coz all year I been reading you guys hating and hoping for the downfall.

Although i admit I did call out a couple of names and stole someone's name and made it better, coz we are the hoops capital as you know :p

All I am doing is letting you all know about it and enjoying the fact you are all upset about it :)

Reply #914298 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I'm happy for you and other Kings fans, especially those who weren't through the Firepower nightmare. Enjoy it.

Reply #914301 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

went through*

Reply #914302 | Report this post

The Big Duke  
Last year

I'll admit I wrote them off at the start of the year, Soares who was crap in the finals (assuming was injured) exceeded my expectations. Exactly what they needed to replace Martin as a stretch big and with their personnel.
Cooks also after a subpar NZNBL season was back to his best and pretty much untouchable until his ankle injury.
The cockiness the kings play with is infectious and means they never lose belief, say what you want but a pretty effective strategy from Buford.

Hopefully not eating my words again next year.

Reply #914304 | Report this post

CG404  
Last year

Is it school holidays again already?

Reply #914305 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Kingsworld - people of course will want Sydney to fail, it comes part in parcel to being one of the top teams... people always go for the underdog. Again you coming on here saying "suck it" just doesnt feel warranted.

Either way, congrats on Sydney getting the back to back, its good to see that teams outside of Perth can do things like this and its great for the league as well!

I am really excited to see what team they put together now Cooks is NBA bound, another aussie in the NBA is such a great achievement for Australian basketball.

Time for the rest of the league to step up and take it to the Kings next season.

Reply #914308 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"I'm happy for you and other Kings fans, especially those who weren't through the Firepower nightmare. Enjoy it."

Driving home after the Game 1 loss I had to remind my wife, who was totally bummed, that it wasn't that long ago that we sat in our member's seats in a sparsely filled stadium or shed 14 times a season expecting a loss and happy if we kept it close. Definitely enjoying it and not taking it for granted - with Cooks gone, Buford maybe gone, and who knows what else, things can change very quickly with the league as competitive as it is.

Reply #914310 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I was one of punters that got a mention, he only reads what he wants, I've clearly always said that Smith was one canny businessman and that the kings were very well run and actually called them the new Perth. I just didn’t like Buford’s behaviour while also saying he’s an excellent coach. I also thought the refs always gave the close calls to the kings. I’ll stick with my beliefs.
Again as I said after the game five, congratulations to them, keep up the good work as it’s great for the nbl and basketball in general.

Reply #914312 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Driving home after the Game 1 loss I had to remind my wife, who was totally bummed, that it wasn't that long ago that we sat in our member's seats in a sparsely filled stadium or shed 14 times a season expecting a loss and happy if we kept it close.

What was the worst point for you after returning? Robiliard? *cringe*

I was one of punters that got a mention, he only reads what he wants, I've clearly always said that Smith was one canny businessman and that the kings were very well run and actually called them the new Perth. I just didn't like Buford’s behaviour while also saying he’s an excellent coach. I also thought the refs always gave the close calls to the kings. I’ll stick with my beliefs.
Again as I said after the game five, congratulations to them, keep up the good work as it’s great for the nbl and basketball in general.

It's funny how he picked you out when your assessment of the Kings has been the most accurate on here, beginning with the first half of last season when you called them favourites before anyone else had cottoned on, including the bookies.

Reply #914314 | Report this post

KingsWorld  
Last year

It's all banter :)
Plus I enjoy the fact we are hated makes winning more enjoyable, I am sure Perf fans know this feeling as they are not liked much either. So when they win they love it like most of you all would.

I disagree with the refs as the first Qtr was totally in NZ favour but in saying that the refs have been trash all year for all teams.
Especially in the charge calls.

If we get the calls I’ll take it why not.

And if we got beat or when we get beat I’ll accept it and cop some back all good ;)

Reply #914316 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"What was the worst point for you after returning? Robiliard? *cringe*"

TBH it's hard to decide on just one point, there were so many... I think overall the biggest issue for the Kings since the relaunch and up to when the current ownership came on board was a continued emphasis on flash over substance. Too much effort and time spent on trying to land washed up guys with the faintest of NBA credentials at the expense of actually putting a competitive product on the court. Childress was the highlight from a fan perspective of those years, but the product around him was not close to good enough - extending right off the court to the sidelines and beyond.

Maybe the worst part of being a Kings fan though was when the year they folded, combined with the decision I made to give the Sydney Spirit a shot because I loved the NBL and wanted a team to support. That disaster of a season was a depressing fan experience.

Reply #914323 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Refs are terrible in the NBL and always have been, they dont favour a team they just get calls wrong and cant call a game a specific way for all 4 qtrs. Too often the calls they make dictate the win as opposed to letting the 2 teams on the court do it.

Reply #914324 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cheers PW, as I've said previously, got mate whose mate is very close to the action. Sworn to secrecy on most things though. Can’t mention names but there is one player that probably not that spoken about much but is getting a lot interest, not the same amount as Kay though, they are all asking.

Reply #914355 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Sydney fans are exactly the same as the Swans in the AFL. Loved seeing Sydney get smacked in last years AFL grand final. Plus 2014 was nice too lol!

If it wasn't for their anger management coach I would like Sydney. Glad Chase is going to the Atlanta Hawks, now Sydney have to find a new coach.

Reply #914361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754