Q Anon
Last year

36ers sign Alex Starling

per Boti Nagy , he will take a local roster spot with his naturalisation.

Topic #51055 | Report this topic

SixersFan  
Last year

This would be a really good pick up by the Sixers if true. Imagine Cleveland and Starling on the court at the same time, that would be some fantastic defense. Starling will also abuse smaller opponents inside in offense.

Reply #916081 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

I've never seen Starling play but know he's dominated here in the state league for a while I just find it hard to get excited about Americans being brought up from lower leagues here by the Sixers after Daequon Montreal and CJ Massingale were unable to make the step up but at least Starling will only be a local player not an import like those two were.

Reply #916082 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

What imports have made the transition?

Mark Davis
Andre LaFleur
Sean Redhage

Im sure it's been covered on here already but interested in who has stuck. There have been a number of fill in types Ratsch , Jennette, Fikes to name a few. Was Thalo Green for Melbourne one?

Reply #916085 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Thalo Green was, Willie Simmons may have been another. Eric Cooks?

Reply #916087 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Willie Simmons was All NBL before slowing down into SEABL. Cooks was an Aussie by the time he made the NBL

Reply #916089 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

Looks like 36ers going for something like

?Johnson/?Pinau
Wiley/Startling/Galloway
Cleveland/Marshall
McCarron/Dech
Scoring Import PG/Cadee

Be interesting to see how Starling goes, happy to give him the gig as a cheap local, over the years he has put up similar NBL1 numbers to plenty of good NBL players in the same league.

Reply #916091 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

^^^^^
That side not playing finals.

Reply #916095 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

I've been reading about this guy for a decade on Hoops so much so that he feels like more of a myth than a real life basketball player. Now we get to see the man.

Reply #916102 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

I've enjoyed watching Starling play over the years. Great athlete and competitor! Absolutely dominates most games at NBL1 level. If he’s playing as an Aussie then I think he should be a great pickup.

Reply #916103 | Report this post

Bertie Bixer  
Last year

Come over here as a Sydney Swans rookie trying his hands at AFL, didn't eventuate and went back to bball.

At 32/33 making the move up to NBL seem very uninspiring from a supporter stand point, but good luck to him and hope he does well.

Reply #916104 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Struggled at NBL1 Nationals against decent competition. Athletic as hell for Central but just mediocre at NBL level against bigger, stronger, faster athletes. Easy to dominate in a 6 foot league

Reply #916105 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

The 36ers approach to the off-season is startling to say the least Jonno...

Maybe they'll put a pin in it and grab Dane.

Typos aside, this team looks pretty ordinary!

?Johnson/?Pinau
Wiley/Startling/Galloway
Cleveland/Marshall
McCarron/Dech
Scoring Import PG/Cadee

So basically we have MM even though rumours were 36ers wanted to move him on. There’s maybe cap-in-hand to Johnson even though everyone knows they don’t want him back.

That’s a fantastic start to a team.

They let one of the two shining lights last year leave.

They fail on multiple fronts to score south Aussies that would be good additions.

After having the absolute worst interior D in the league, they potentially/allegedly will proceed to use their import spot on Wiley instead of some sort of defender.

What in the actual fuck Adelaide?

Reply #916107 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

You people need to get over signing South Aussie talent. It's professional sport, you need to outgrow this concept. Just like only 10 clubs for district. Move on, evolve, stop being stuck in the past.

Reply #916108 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

so they got rid of DJ to go younger but this guy is like 34 HMMMM

Reply #916109 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Agreed KET, its not making a lot of sense!

At this point, if the Sixers sign Wiley, I think they have to use the last slot on an actual defensive big man and hope that Cadee's speed and ball-handling can give the backcourt a dimension it was lacking last season.

Doesn't look like a team with much hope of finals to me though.

Reply #916110 | Report this post

Add Don Bickett and Jerry Steurer to those local league import guys who made the NBL transition.

Reply #916112 | Report this post

And of course Herb Mceachin.

Reply #916115 | Report this post

Plus how could Adelaide forget Damon Lowery and his 3 free throws after being maimed by Darnell Mee....

Reply #916116 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Sebastian, nobody is saying we should sign SA talent to the exclusion of better players on the market. But if you have been paying attention, you would realise that Isaac White has shown enough to absolutely be worth a roster spot and Olbrich is a very skilled 6'10 kid and there aren't many of those about.

Its not like the Sixers have any better big man prospects available. They literally have Galloway and that's it. If they're going to punt on this season with a budget team, we might as well at least try to develop one or two young prospects.

Reply #916117 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Maimed? Them's fighting words lol

DJ is 35 btw

Reply #916118 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Jonno, if we do sign Wiley, I think the way to go would be to use the final import slot on a defensive big man and live with McCarron and Cadee sharing point guard duties.

Not saying it'll be a good team, but at least if we have a defensive centre we can rely on, then we might be able to build some good defensive pressure on the perimeter with lots of mobile athletes in Cleveland, Wiley and Starling, plus stalwart defenders in Dech and McCarron. Get some rebounds, force some turnovers and attack in transition.

I'd start the season with Dech starting at the two, but with a plan for Marshall to start there eventually if he earns it. If Dech is playing well, then you get Marshall some more minutes at the 3.

I think Starling will mainly be used to rest Cleveland, but could get bigger minutes in some games if he is playing well.

I'd like to see Galloway get consistent minutes too, as I think he could become a nice weapon off the bench if given enough confidence.

So I'm thinking a lineup like this:

McCarron/ Cadee
Dech/ Marshall
Cleveland/ Starling
Wiley/ Galloway
Import/ Pineau?

Reply #916119 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"Struggled at NBL1 Nationals against decent competition"

Yes because averaging 16 points, 8 rebounds and 5 steal per game is struggling

Reply #916121 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

For a supposed dominant import at that level yes, that is struggling.

Reply #916123 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

To the people whinging about the team structure, write your team in knowing the factors of salary and current contracts they are stuck with.

Reply #916129 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

You need your budget guys so you can pay overs for your top players, whether local or import. Most clubs can't afford benches like kings have had the last two seasons.

Reply #916130 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

"To the people whinging about the team structure, write your team in knowing the factors of salary and current contracts they are stuck with."

That's your take? Don’t complain that they put themselves in a situation?!

Why did they spend so much last year if they don’t have the funds to continue? That doesn’t seem very sound.

What was the plan exactly? Buy a championship and then hope everything goes magically the following years?

Surely the first step of a successful club is to spend robustly!

Reply #916131 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Plan was to buy a championship and then sell the team.

Reply #916132 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

Beantown, I dont mind your thinking, the line up I listed wasnt my preferred it was what it sounds like the 36ers are doing, Olgun has said a number of times the 36ers are looking for a scoring import PG, probably of the mould of Jaylen Adams.

My personal preference would be dont sign Wiley, sign Marcus Lee, obviously if Wiley is actually signed, we can no longer do this.

Sign Walton or Adams to the PG spot

Sign the best local PF you can not exactly sure who options seem to be DJ, Majok Deng, who are not perfect or if you can afford a more expensive option like Jack White, Brock Motum, Kay from overseas. Lets say the most realistic option is DJ.

That would give us

Marcus Lee/?Pinau
DJ/Galloway/Starling
Cleveland/Marshall
McCarron/Dech
Walton/Cadee

I dont hate your thinking if Wiley is signed, but I also cringe at the thought of McCarron and Cadee as our PGs, I'd personally still probably rather get the stud import PG and do the best we can with the big spot.

Reply #916137 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

Adelaide have won nothing with DJ and are not likely to, move on...

Reply #916139 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

Agreed Mystro,

Just not exactly sure who is better

Do you go a likely cheaper local option like Majok Deng who can still play as a stretch 4?

Do we find someone younger with potential (olbrich would have been perfect) to share minutes with Galloway

Do we go the more hustle role player like Harris to play a role like Krslovic does for Tassie and share minutes Galloway?

Can we afford and successfully a recruit a marquee option from overseas such as Maker, Reath, White, Motum, Kay, Fotu?

Im open to any of these options to be honest.

Reply #916140 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Plan was to buy a championship and then sell the team.

Interesting. I've always felt like Kelly was in it for the wrong reasons.

Reply #916141 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"Adelaide have won nothing with DJ and are not likely to, move on..."

I always hate this type of thinking. It turns a blind eye that it is a team sport and there is always lots of variables at play.

Going by your theory Phoenix should move on from Creek as he hasn't won anything. Denver to get rid of Jokic as he hasn't won in 8 seasons there. What were Utah thinking with Malone and Stockton as they didn't win anything. Ewing, Barkley, Iverson other players that are no good as they didn't win anything. Shit even McDowell-White hasn't won anything in 3 seasons maybe it is time he moved on also.

Reply #916144 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

The question really is "could Adelaide be a top defensive side with DJ" because teams that aren't at the top 2,3,4 sides don’t win championships.

I’d like to think if you had a defensive PF plus Cleveland plus McCarron alongside Drmic and Dech who are good defenders, that the team would have been fine to cover for DJ.

Then they just needed to have a PG import that wasn’t clark or Randall.

But that’s last year.

Next season - I think the same applies - if they had a defensive PF (not Wiley) and a good point guard, then I think DJ would be covered fine.

The question then is - is DJs defensive liability worth the offensive output? Is he still capable of it?

That’s where last year was a fail - so many offensive bigs that cancelled each other out whilst offering zero defensive respite to the team. That made the calculation a clear negative.

Reply #916145 | Report this post

Mystro  
Last year

"I always hate this type of thinking. It turns a blind eye that it is a team sport and there is always lots of variables at play."

The variable at work here is that he can't defend a chair and leaks more points than he can score and has terrible body language whilst on court and won't play for cheap while his only positive in his career, his scoring ability, declines.

WMW actually makes everyone around him better so please refrain from ever comparing the sulking sixer to him again.

Reply #916146 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

The variable at work here is that he can't defend a chair and leaks more points than he can score and has terrible body language whilst on court and won't play for cheap while his only positive in his career, his scoring ability, declines.

Good on you as a non-Sixers fan for pointing out the elephant in the room, Mystro. I've been saying this stuff for years but as a Sixers fan myself get dismissed by the Sixers/DJ happy clapper supporters.

DJ has always given up more points than he scores, opposition bigs have a field day against us virtually every single game these past five years that he's been 'the man' on the team. As long as he's starting and getting enough shots he doesn't care but if he's not getting his shots or we dare bench him he sulks and spits the dummy until he gets his way again.

He's 35 now when are we going to finally end this bullshit?

Reply #916148 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"The question really is "could Adelaide be a top defensive side with DJ" because teams that aren't at the top 2,3,4 sides don't win championships."

Sure they can. They have finished on top of the ladder (if memory serves me correctly) and made multiple grand finals with him. As with all teams it matters who the other players are. That is why this "He hasn't won anything" saying is about as stupid as it gets.

"DJ has always given up more points than he scores" absolute fallacy. Majority of the case this is not true at all. Usually the fallacy is based on "Centre X scored 20 points, DJ is Centre so that is all on him" the reality is most of the points are scored when DJ isn't guarding that person and/or when DJ is off the court. Don't believe me go back and watch tape but your bias won't allow that.

DJ is one of the better bigs at guarding PnR. Average at guarding the block (not that teams focus on that much). Decent at rotations. Where he is totally shit is probably once a game he wont put his hands up to contest a shot or let the player go past him for a easy layup/dunk or he will be lazy on the block out (same as all bigs at times). That is where people then think he defends like that all the time but the game tape proves otherwise. He has also if my memory is correct has lead the lead in rebounding at least once. He lead the team in charges taken last season. A few seasons ago even blocked Wetzel to basically win the game. Doesn't sound like the huge defensive liability everyone keeps going on about. Lazy at defense at times, sure.

DJ can't command the salary he once did but he adds more value off the bench then any other big in the competition.
Now assuming he is willing to put his salary down and if you put your bias emotions to the side then who else is there. You have mentioned Gak and Harrison. That is just embarrassing that you think they are better options. Mystro on the other hand would think Loe is better than DJ. Loe is a poor mans DJ. He is terrible on the PnR and is slow as shit trying to guard anyone. He complains on almost every call no matter how obvious they are.

The reality is as a bench player and for the right money there is no local big better than DJ. You can lose all your emotions and hate him as much as you like but that is just the reality.

Reply #916150 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Last year

If Starling wasn't classified as an import he would've been signed years ago. A rebounding machine and very smart basketballer. Pity he is towards the end of his playing life when now finally gets a chance. Sixers have been in need of a rebounder and someone who doesn't mind the physical stuff inside. Will hopefully turn out as an okay signing.

Reply #916152 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

The reality is as a bench player and for the right money there is no local big better than DJ.

I've said before I would be okay with him coming back on a less than superstar salary and if he's willing to come off the bench. It's been said on here he wasn't happy about being brought off the bench in the second half of last season and that his benching by CJ "wasn't handled properly". Like there's any way a coach can handle it properly, you're either starting or you're not.

That info came earlier in the offseason along with the usual threats to go play in Japan so that suggests DJ even at age 35 still expects to start and if that is the case he should fuck right off. We've been pandering to this guy for years now, highly paid, starting, all the shots he wants and not expected to play a lick of defence and missed the playoffs the last five years in a row no matter how much we change the players around him, the coaches you name it the only constant has been DJ.

btw before crowing about a block DJ had on Wetzell you might want to go back and look at the numbers Wetzell used to put up on the Sixers both at SEM and NZ, yet another big that routinely killed us.

Reply #916154 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

"DJ is one of the better bigs at guarding PnR. Average at guarding the block (not that teams focus on that much). Decent at rotations. Where he is totally shit is probably once a game he wont put his hands up to contest a shot or let the player go past him for a easy layup/dunk or he will be lazy on the block out (same as all bigs at times). That is where people then think he defends like that all the time but the game tape proves otherwise. He has also if my memory is correct has lead the lead in rebounding at least once. He lead the team in charges taken last season. A few seasons ago even blocked Wetzel to basically win the game. Doesn't sound like the huge defensive liability everyone keeps going on about. Lazy at defense at times, sure."

Thanks for posting DJ :)

Reply #916157 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"DJ is one of the better bigs at guarding PnR."

This is where you lost me. Any semi-competent perimeter player who sees DJ switched onto him on the perimeter is a quick rotating help defender away from a bucket.

As a non-Sixers fan over the entire duration of his career I've never been as concerned about what DJ brings in points and rebounds for Adelaide as I've been happy to see him trying to defend my team on the other end of the court.

Reply #916158 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"That info came earlier in the offseason along with the usual threats to go play in Japan"

So DJ complaining anymore then other players that are on the bench is from the same info you got about DJ going to Japan which never happened.......

"This is where you lost me. Any semi-competent perimeter player who sees DJ switched onto him on the perimeter is a quick rotating help defender away from a bucket."

Starting bigs that he is better than in guarding the PnR

Baynes
Humphries
Williams
Waardenburg
Froling
Soares
Magnay

Which one do you disagree with?

Only Pardon and Thomas I would say are better. Lee ended up starting near the end of the season and is probably better also.

Reply #916160 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Starting bigs that he is better than in guarding the PnR

Baynes
Humphries
Williams
Waardenburg
Froling
Soares
Magnay

Which one do you disagree with?

All of them

Reply #916161 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

So DJ complaining anymore then other players that are on the bench is from the same info you got about DJ going to Japan which never happened.......

None of it what info I got, it was info that was posted on here by others in the know. DJ used the same Japan threat just a few days before then Sixers coach Conner Henry got out of quarantine, then he was immediately sacked and soon after DJ was given a contract extension that has just ended and lo and behold the Japan threats start again, coincidence?

I'm sure even you can see the threats are BS, no team in Japan is going to sign him, the point of the threats is to strong-arm the Sixers admin into getting what he wants.

Reply #916162 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

The birth of a child prevented DJ from leaving this time around. He wasn't going to be allowed to return for the birth so decided to stay in Australia. also why he signed for NBL1 late.

Reply #916163 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Sebastian you would also think Bogut is better who use to sit 3 meters back.

Baynes, Humphries, Williams, Soares, Magnay are all too slow and not agile enough so I am not sure how you think they are better. Waardenburg, Froling are questionable but I still think he is better.

"None of it what info I got, it was info that was posted on here by others in the know."

Not posted by people in the know just people speculating which you take as fact. You also along the way thought DJ would sook and not play well when in fact he embraced the role. Lead the team in charges taken, I imagine lead the team in fouls against, lead the team in made foul shots made, probably his best year with assist, actually lifted his defense, stopped forcing shots like he did in the past. All in reduced time. Had games where he was the best in +/- and games were he was in the top 3. He had shit games also as did everyone.
If Sotto can play in the Japanese league then DJ would be good enough. If Olbrich can become Waardenburg level then I would have taken him over DJ but that is unknown. The rest of the bench bigs in the league aren't as good as DJ so I would keep him on a reduced salary for 1 more season with a club decision for a 2nd

Reply #916165 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

The birth of a child prevented DJ from leaving this time around.

Of course, and last time? He signed on for NBL1 late because he was off playing 3x3 in the FIBA Asia Cup.

Reply #916168 | Report this post

Frisbee14  
Last year

Spoke to a coach that coached DJ in nbl1 a few years back. Said he was like a social team player, just liked to jack 3s, jog back on transition and complained when he went to bench. And thought defence was the thing going around dehouse. Coach said he didn't want him back no matter how much he scored, explains why he changes nbl1 teams nearly every year.
It's just his bad attitude that makes him a liability. Teams can make up for individuals weaknesses. There's a reason why Carmelo Anthony, Demarcus Cousins etc can't get a gig in the NBA, teams just don't want that cancer and karma catches up to players in the end. DJ has the ability to start for nearly any team in the league, but everyone knows what he's like. He'll get his number retired in Adelaide but will never be a legend like Maher, Davis and others.

Reply #916169 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Not posted by people in the know just people speculating which you take as fact.

Listen I'm intentionally not revealing the poster's ID because I and I'm sure many others appreciate the inside info even if it's coming from a DJ-centric source.

If Sotto can play in the Japanese league then DJ would be good enough.

This might be one of your worst statements yet. Sotto is a 20 yo Filipino kid with a huge Asian following just starting out on his career, DJ is a 35 yo way past his prime veteran with no clout whatsoever outside the NBL. Remember when DJ thought he could go over and play in Europe? Lasted about 10 games in Poland before he was released.

Reply #916171 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Spoke to a coach that coached DJ in nbl1 a few years back. Said he was like a social team player, just liked to jack 3s, jog back on transition and complained when he went to bench. And thought defence was the thing going around dehouse. Coach said he didn't want him back no matter how much he scored, explains why he changes nbl1 teams nearly every year.
It's just his bad attitude that makes him a liability.

Hardly surprising we've seen all that play out over the years at the Sixers too.

Reply #916172 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

They need to figure out their post-DJ era anyway.

Would have been nice to secure Olbrich.

Reply #916173 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Humphries and Mathiang will end up OS, they are high earners, DJ might be all that is left.

Reply #916174 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

They are simply better because defence is a word they have heard of. 1 decent block in his career doesn't make up for his inability to guard my new born anywhere on the floor.

Reply #916176 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Jonno, I missed that Olgun has said the Sixers are looking for an elite import guard. I too would definitely prefer the Sixers did that and then used the last import slot on a defensive centre! This is why I really hope we don't sign Wiley, because it means we will almost certainly be unable to get elite players at both point guard and centre.

Reply #916177 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Mathiang just had another big game in Israel with 17p and 17r.

Reply #916180 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Do we all agree the 36ers seem perplexing this off-season?

Reply #916184 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

KET- not if they finish off the 8 signed/rumoured with a very good import PG and a local big that's starting caliber.

Reply #916185 | Report this post

Bertie Bixer  
Last year

We will up with Matt Hodgson at C.

Reply #916189 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

NP

Which parts below are not perplexing?

1. Rumoured signing Wiley
2. Letting Drmic leave when they mutually didn't take up the option in order to negotiate a deal
3. Rumours with shopping around MM - why undertake such a risk? That can’t be good for the culture of this years’ team
4. Rumour of DJ back in picture after being clear with their desire for him to not return. At least be nuanced about it and go "we will see where the pieces fit" to keep the door ajar just in case things don’t go to plan?

Reply #916193 | Report this post

NP  
Last year

1) Don't have a problem with the Wiley signing, providing a big and true Pg are signed. Think Wiley will fit the team structure better. Run with Cleveland/more cuts on offence etc
2) assuming/know Drimic was asking for to much money. Signed only a 1 yr deal at JJ.
3)Had to be done, but agree with you re the risk. Probably tried to do it on the quiet but it got out. Mitch’s wage is hamstringing the club atm with his salary to output.
4) I don’t want DJ back.

2 and 3 probably relate a little.

Nothing is concerning me at the moment, that may change lol.

Reply #916194 | Report this post

Reggie  
Last year

Sixers will improve once they move on from DJ. Honestly can't believe people who have watched him play are talking up his defence.

Reply #916195 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Agreed, Drimic probably asking big coin, re only one year deal at JJs. Lee and quality point guard will turn sixers around. I don't believe Wiley will be there, his agent probably throwing it out there.

Reply #916196 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Last year

IFF the "plan" was to buy a championship and sell the team, it was totally I'll-founded.

Is an NBL franchise actually a valuable, money-making commodity at the moment?

Would anyone with sense buy a small market franchise on the basis of one championship in recent years, without doing due diligence in looking at the financials and basic structures? Current owner might have been stupid enough to buy, but what are the chances they find another schmuck to buy it as a business?

Reply #916216 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

"Investors" purchase NBL franchises now due to LK's spin.

I feel like someone got in Kelly's ear to buy the team because the latter was trying to buy relevancy upon his return to Australia due to being an unknown personality in Adelaide, despite growing up there and attending the right school and now being wealthy, due to his entire career being based in SE Asia. It's a vanity thing - he buys the club and two seconds later is vying to be chairman of the Crows whereby everyone responds with a "who?". Sick burn.

The exit plan now being naively to spend the most money because winning a title is that easy?

Reply #916218 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

and even with the LK shine applied to it I don't think anyone will be lining up to buy this club if it keeps being run so poorly.

There's usually a huge dose of reality applied when a career CEO ventures into business. Welcome to the real world Grant.

Reply #916219 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Not too many smiths out there, love him or hate him, he's been fantastic for the league.

Reply #916220 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Reliably told that when the 36ers beat Phoenix Suns the team was being shopped around with the line of they just beat a team worth $x so that makes this team worth / a steal at $y

Same thinking was used around Kyrios " buying" into SEM to value the 36ers at more because at that stage the 36ers were higher on the ladder and a one team town ergo worth more than SEM.

If we could all go back and time and buy an NBA team for a few hundred million we would

Maybe the future value of NBL teams makes them cheap right now. Big risk , big reward plays

Reply #916221 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Reliably told that when the 36ers beat Phoenix Suns the team was being shopped around with the line of they just beat a team worth $x so that makes this team worth / a steal at $y

That's gold.

Reply #916258 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"If Sotto can play in the Japanese league then DJ would be good enough.

This might be one of your worst statements yet. Sotto is a 20 yo Filipino kid with a huge Asian following just starting out on his career, DJ is a 35 yo way past his prime veteran with no clout whatsoever outside the NBL"

I am sorry I didn't know it was dependent on how many TikTok followers someone had. DJ regardless of age is still more skilled/talented than Sotto. So yes he has the ability to play in an inferior Japanese league.

Reply #916391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:17 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754