Manu Fieldel
Last year

RIP FIBA Patty

Can't believe Patty tonight, only 25pts. He's nothing. Cooked. The haters were right.

Weren't they.

Topic #51340 | Report this topic

Big Ads  
Last year

Time to get on board the Patty train

Reply #923212 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Practice game = real game ;-)

Reply #923213 | Report this post

pattymillsMVP  
Last year

And only 4 steals

Reply #923214 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Where are all the panickers from the practice games? They've been absent tonight.

Reply #923216 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

If these panickers are the same bunch that were shouting for the emergency call up of Isaac Humphries to the team, they're probably hiding in shame.

Reply #923218 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Hahahaha.

Reply #923219 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

I was a bit sceptical. I wasn't ready to call him over but the signs in warm up weren;t good and I was happy to talk about it. And while the efficiency still has a bit of a ways to go, that was definitely FIBA Patty we saw tonight. I didn't expect him to top score any time soon but 25 points right when we needed it and a few really important buckets there where you can see his confidence in his shot is coming back. Absolutely the best sign for the Boomers is that Patty is still there with us.

Reply #923221 | Report this post

Patty didn't have a good 3-point shot today, but he showed the best in the rest.
In the end, for the Boomers to do well, FIBA Patty needs to come back.

I still want Maker.

Reply #923226 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

" If these panickers are the same bunch that were shouting for the emergency call up of Isaac Humphries to the team, they're probably hiding in shame."

Why? They beat Finland, not Germany.

Why do you think people calling for Humphries would relate to Finland in any way shape or form?

Reply #923227 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

KET I think our style may be a bit more favourable to Finland than Germany. The Boomers want to get out and run and Germany would much prefer to manhandle us inside. it could very well happen that what we do works better against Germany... not saying we would likely blow them out.. they're a more talented team than Finalnd by far. But our up and down game might be less in their wheelhouse. We also must consider that Goorjian was always going small. If he had Jock, there'd be no Jack White on the team. This is clearly what Goorjian wanted and we need to ask oursevles if we trust his vision or not.

I also am not sure Isaac Humphries would make a difference regardless.

Reply #923230 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"If these panickers are the same bunch that were shouting for the emergency call up of Isaac Humphries to the team, they're probably hiding in shame."

Lol. Spot on.

Reply #923232 | Report this post

Reader  
Last year

I'd still like to see him look better from the 3pt line. But it was promising that even when the 3pt shot wasn't working he found other ways to score.

Reply #923234 | Report this post

I agree with Reader.

Reply #923236 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I think people see Humphries as a possible Olympics target if he gets healthy, rather than WC.

Australia is undersized, it's not ridiculous that people called for more size!

Reply #923241 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I called for Humphries, I also said patty would be fine once the tournament started and that he hadn't played much in recent times. I also said 15 plus today. I believe we will do very well, I just think a big body with a bit talent could be useful and Humphries and Baynes fit the bill.

Reply #923242 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

This game played out as expected, the warm up games aren't a true indication of form or a reason to panic as we were never going to show any of our offence.

In regards to FIBA Patty, he plays smart. His 3 ball wasn't dropping like it usually does, but he finds other ways to be damaging and kept going back to that well.

He will have gained a lot of confidence after that performance and be sure his 3's will drop at a good clip. Let's hope we see that against Germany.

Reply #923246 | Report this post

twenty four  
Last year

"This game played out as expected, the warm up games aren't a true indication of form or a reason to panic as we were never going to show any of our offence."

What was different about our offence tonight? Starting five were pretty bad again, doing the exact same stuff we saw in the warm ups, then the bench came in and got things going on both ends, and game opened up and we pulled away.

If anything, it was disappointing that we didn't have any new stuff to show.

Reply #923249 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Do people see patty going on until 2027 WC? 39 y.o, scola-esque.

Maker/Pinder > Humphries

Reply #923250 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Half the board wanted Bryce Cotton

Reply #923268 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

"What was different about our offence tonight? Starting five were pretty bad again, doing the exact same stuff we saw in the warm ups, then the bench came in and got things going on both ends, and game opened up and we pulled away.

If anything, it was disappointing that we didn't have any new stuff to show."

This I'll agree with. But Thybulle is apparentluy being replaced by green in the starting line up who at least provides some offensive pop.

And am I the only one who thinks we've not got a lot out of Kay so far, in either the warm ups or last night?

Reply #923271 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Australia is undersized, it's not ridiculous that people called for more size!"

We'd ideally have more size, but this squad has really highlighted the lack of quality genuine bigs at the moment.

Reply #923275 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Rocco Zikarsky might solve that starting from the 27/28 window

Reply #923319 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Definitely banking on Rocco that's for sure

Reply #923320 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Last year

Confirmed: FIBA Patty is dead and buried.

Reply #923410 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Legit bump.

Reply #923412 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754