Beantown  
Last year

Final Roster

McCarron Cadee Flowers
Kell Dech Rasmussen
Franklin Marshall Roxburgh
Wiley Galloway Starling
Humphries Smith-Milner

Really hard to see how CJ is going to keep all his guards and wings happy!

I hope he basically tells the guys all minutes are earned and rolls with the best performers. Survival of the fittest!

And yes I know I've dumped Flowers at the bottom of the depth chart. Just a cut and paste job and added him and Tohi at the end.

Reply #923322 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Minor quibble but I think TSM will be a back up PF and Galloway a back up centre, TSM is too poor at everything big man wise to be a back up centre, IMO.

Although Santa says he thinks Wiley will start at centre and Humphries will be his back up! Pure insanity but Santa only says stuff like that if he knows it to be a fact, hopefully he was just passed some disinfo from CJ or someone maybe to fire up Humphries or something...I hope.

Reply #923326 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Flowers will start, which I think is a great move. I trust an 18 year old kid to run a team more than I trust McCarron. Overall it's a better, more balanced roster than last time. They'll be competitive but no title this year I am pretty sure.

Reply #923332 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

beantown forgetting harvey white and aliir

Reply #923357 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Although Santa says he thinks Wiley will start at centre and Humphries will be his back up!"

That was when he also said Adelaide would sign an import PF to replace Cleveland. Then they signed Kell. It wasn't based on anything factual.

Reply #923361 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

That was when he also said Adelaide would sign an import PF to replace Cleveland. Then they signed Kell. It wasn't based on anything factual.

Incorrect, Kell had already been signed.

Following the departures of Robert Franks and Antonius Cleveland, the Adelaide 36ers have found their new import trio.

Jacob Wiley has returned to the club for a second stint, while former South East Melbourne guard Trey Kell and Chinese Basketball Association mainstay Jamaal Franklin have been added to the side's roster for the new season.

https://nbl.com.au/news/gaze-adelaide-faces-depth-test

NBL analyst Liam Santamaria suggested there is potential for the pair to not line up alongside each other come Round 1.

"I reckon when push comes to shove and we get to opening night, Jacob Wiley is the starter at the five.

“I reckon Isaac Humphries is coming off the bench."

Reply #923364 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Sixers botched the Brantley signing which is who Santamaria was referring to.

Reply #923367 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Brantley playing in Japan.

Reply #923370 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Incorrect, Kell had already been signed."

Incorrect, the 36ers had one import spot remaining at that point (which turned out to be Kell) and Santamaria mentioned in the same segment that he thought they'd sign an import PF and Wiley would start at C.

Reply #923378 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

a5ian nbl fan, yeah I know I left those two dev players off. They'll only see the court in absolute blowouts anyway and my care factor for this team right now is low.

Zodiac, yeah I think Galloway should be the backup 5 too. I think he, Wiley and Humphries will see most of the minutes at the 4/5 anyway. TSM will just get spot minutes when there is foul trouble or to give someone a breather.

Sad if Q Anon is right and they could have had Brantley but botched it. He would've been a much better fit next to Humphries than Wiley. Would've meant less of a logjam in the back court too. I think several players are going to be upset with how few minutes they get. McCarron, Dech and Marshall are going to be fighting for scraps behind Franklin and Kell most probably.

Reply #923382 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

C Wiley/Humphries/TSM
F Brantley/Galloway/Starling
F McCarron/Marshall
G Franklin/Dech
G Flowerpot/Cadee

Would have been a better lineup

Reply #923383 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Zodiac, yeah I think Galloway should be the backup 5 too. I think he, Wiley and Humphries will see most of the minutes at the 4/5 anyway."

Yep. I think we might also see some line-ups with Wiley at C and 3 or 4 long wing players around him (eg: Starling, Kell, Franklin, Flowers) to allow them to switch a lot defensively and have multiple creators offensively.

Reply #923389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 pm, Sat 27 Jul 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754