A
Last year

36ers v JackJumpers

M McCarron previous game- 1pt/2ast/4Reb-25.25min.

Topic #51409 | Report this topic

EssenX  
Last year

This is going to be a massacre.

Reply #926222 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Atleast it seems they're willing to make adjustments and be extra crap now than in-season.

Reply #926223 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

Hopefully the 36ers can show some resolve, but I can see another heavy loss coming up. Tasmania have looked solid so far, a well organised team that's looking like they will have another good season.

No official announcement, so will be interesting to see if Franklin plays (doubtful) and if its mentioned in commentary.

Reply #926225 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Expect to see the JJs throw some funky line ups for this one.

Junior Madut, Majok Deng and Walter Brown to get some minutes.

Loving the continued improvement / solid game of Sean MacDonald. Very solid back up PG.

Crawford is fun to watch, hoping Lee is a good investment.

Reply #926241 | Report this post

Cadee out (Finger) according to 36ers Socials. Wiley still out with a calf. No word on whether Kell or Smith-Milner are back in or not. Let's get excited for another pantsing!

Reply #926248 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Anything less than a 25 points loss is a win!

Lost to Perth by 32

Lost to NZB by 26

Lost to Bris by 25

Reply #926249 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

More interested in function and body language than score lines for this one.

As I've previously mentioned, internal frustration, finger pointing, arguing, heads down etc is not a good sign in the pre-season.

I still feel like Franklin was a scapegoat and change for the sake of change type scenario.

Really hard to support this time right now.

Reply #926251 | Report this post

A  
Last year

I honestly can say that bringing back Phil Smyth is the only logical solution moving forward.

Let's be brutally honest, CJ, great guy and past player but in his third year the team is looking at it’s worst in the 3 years he has steered the ship...and the last two playing rosters have been 100% on him and chosen by him.

I sadly can’t see things improving as much as I want things to improve.

Reply #926252 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Smyth? No thanks.

Reply #926253 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Cadee out? FFS absolutely nothing going right for the Sixers! Maybe bring Phil Smyth out to play point guard? He couldn't be any worse than the other alleged ball-handlers on this team! I guess I'll tune in, but I'm really not sure why, this'll be a massacre.

Reply #926254 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

" I guess I'll tune in, but I'm really not sure why, this'll be a massacre."

I feel like us Sixers fans must have done something in a previous life to get this torture.

Reply #926257 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Those injuries just keep popping up at convenient times don't they. Not my fault, I didn't play.

Reply #926265 | Report this post

bazza99  
Last year

Rough out for 36ers, Cadee has been their most consistent player. No Wiley either. CJ might have to suit up. Looks like Tassie winning the blitz title

Reply #926274 | Report this post

bazza99  
Last year

My bad forgot Perth could win it. Keen to see Crawford play for Tassie, sounds like he could be one of the best guards in the league?

Reply #926278 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Interesting to see Franklin there supporting the team while they warm up. Can't have been that bad a team member if that's his response to being cut. Also far from the worst performer so far...

Reply #926279 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Last year

Sixers will be a lot better if they can get their structure right. Use different PG with Flowers on the wing, allowing him to play with less pressure and get others into the game. Sixers have enough talent, just need to play with confidence and energy as a team and cover each other.

Reply #926282 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Who needs imports, go sixes

Reply #926288 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Last year

Starlings chase down on offensive boards is impressive. Got possession back just by going after it twice already. Vintage Starling.

Reply #926289 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Last year

Sixers playing like a championship team. Resign junior now for another three years.

Reply #926291 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last year

We actually look like a basketball team tonight, so that's encouraging

Reply #926293 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Last year

It was fun while it lasted. Probably still lose by 15 by the end

Reply #926295 | Report this post

Hermann 2  
Last year

Score? Details ? For those that work.

Reply #926297 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

Only lost by 1pt.

Small wins!!!

Reply #926300 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Crawford not the answer for JJ's. Can't shoot, and will get exploited at both ends.

Reply #926301 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

Tasmania 86, Adelaide 82.

Doyle 19/5/7
McVeigh 13 and 6
Drmic 11 and 7
Deng 11

Smith-Milner 21 points but 6 TO and -20
McCarron 36+ minutes for 16/7/10 but -10
Dech 14/4/4
Humphries 9 and 4

Turnovers 10-19 against Adelaide.

Reply #926304 | Report this post

Dorito  
Last year

Vast improvement with a very undermanned squad tonight, no imports on the floor, gives me abit of hope

Reply #926305 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

NBL app is great at getting it wrong - apparently 0.00 left on the clock didn't equate to fulltime.

Four point loss i think, 86-82

Reply #926306 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Impressive game from 36ers - McCarron and Smith Milner had big games.

With 2 or 3 ins they will be up and about.

Moved the ball so much better, they were good to watch.

JJs rusty

Reply #926307 | Report this post

Hermann 2  
Last year

Maybe not doom and gloom after all. Too quick to jump to conclusions. Good out but MS and mitch can be the stable factor. Give Bruton credit for adjustments. Solid way to make statement.

Reply #926309 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

Credit where its due, McCarron had a great game and if he plays like that more often, I'll have no complaints. Dech played the best I've seen in nearly two years as well and Smith-Milner had a great game too. Good to see the team finally respond after the last two losses with good effort across the board. Starling brought some great hustle too, which will be really valuable for the team during the season.

Reply #926310 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

That was a very positive performance with all three imports out along with Cadee. Probably the best game I've seen McCarron play for us looked really strong and decisive. Smith-Milner probably the game of life not sure we could expect to see anything like that again from him and Dech was good too.

Tassie got a lot of weapons but still feel the signing of Crawford was a mistake. Love Drmic and him still doing Drmic things and nice to see Majok Deng making a positive impact. Doyle still looks like pure class.

Reply #926320 | Report this post

Baller  
Last year

If you follow Crawfords career his always been hot and cold don't think he will be any different in the nbl . he will have games we’re he puts up 25-30 points and other games he gets completely exploited . last season in turkey he was the leading scorer in the league but his team didn’t make playoffs it will be interesting how he pans out I’m not sure he fits roths coaching style

Reply #926400 | Report this post

Scout  
Last year

Yeah I get the hesitation and strength of opinion on Crawford, no doubt the jury is out for some which is understandable.

Was really interested to watch him over the blitz; believe he is adjusting his game to the JJs style along with the JJs tweaking their game as well. There was a clear focus on bringing other players into the game and taking control - he did that in the game against the Breakers ie brought the game home.

To say he can't score is a stretch ....has just been the top scorer in Turkey which is a legit league. He is definitely attempting to adjust to the JJs and the JJs are trying to use him the most effectively. Do not believe he played selfishly over the blitz.

No doubt he has a chip on his shoulder and is out to prove himself will be fascinating to watch. There were a couple of times where he forced it - can recall him getting blocked think it was Marshall for Adelaide and the next time up the court he forced a jumper from the elbow that missed. Fairly sure he was subbed straight after. Not just defending him but he has good handles, assists, steals, points ratio have been positive and the JJs looked better with him on the court.

Believe he has the tools to make the Jackjumpers a better team will be fascinating to watch

Reply #926401 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

If you follow Crawfords career his always been hot and cold don't think he will be any different in the nbl

It's not that bad shooting games are just that it was the things he should be able do well every night like ballhandling and decision making that were the main issues for me.

Reply #926403 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754