Rhino
Last year

36ers DP upgrade

36ers just announced DP Keanu Rasmussen will be elevated to a full roster position for the NBL24 season.

Topic #51423 | Report this topic

Flinders 88  
Last year

Is this meant to be an import replacement?? Where does the list spot come from now???

Reply #926609 | Report this post

Rhino  
Last year

36ers doing 36er things i guess??

Reply #926610 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

There isn't a vacant roster spot for Rasmussen though as they already announced our NRP player Jacob Rigoni would be coming onto the roster to temporarily replace Franklin?

So someone must be out injured for the season and they're just not intentionally mentioning that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kell.

Reply #926612 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

The 36ers organisation would like to thank Jamaal for his time at the club and with him all the best for his future endeavours.

Jacob Rigoni will continue as the nominated replacement player on the roster.

https://nbl.com.au/news/36ers-part-ways-with-import

This statement came out yesterday afternoon so I highly doubt the club has done a backflip on Rigoni in the space of 24 hours.

Keep in mind too in the club's Rasmussen statement they referred to him as a "former DP" who is coming onto the roster for the full season, so someone on the roster is being replaced for the whole season.

Reply #926614 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Even if it is Kell, the point is still what the hell are we doing.

Reply #926615 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Last year

Even if it is Kell, the point is still what the hell are we doing.

Reply #926616 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

We're doing 36ers things, it's what we do.

Reply #926617 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

You aren't replacing an import spot with a DP. Even the 36ers aren't that stupid. Rasmussen will keep the seat warm until another import comes along and then revert back to DP status. A bit like Marshall did last year or was it the year before.

Reply #926619 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

No, Rigoni is the one keeping a spot warm until a new import is signed as the club announced yesterday. They also said Rasmussen is coming onto the roster for the full season which means someone else is out for the season.

Reply #926620 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Nope

Reply #926625 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Wrong again Zodiac.

Rasmussen into the team. Rigoni back to injury replacement

Reply #926628 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

A SixersFan appearance! Went a bit quiet during the Blitz?

It remains to be seen if the club are already backflipping on the Rigoni announcement yesterday, I find that very hard to believe even for the Sixers, we shall see what transpires.

Reply #926630 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Injury replacement is exactly that. You are nominated to play if somebody gets injured. You can't chop and change to suit your circumstances. So Rigoni only suits up if somebody is injured, as he did for the Blitz. His status has not changed one bit. By converting a DP to a roster spot you get the flexibility to remove them back to DP when/if a new import is signed, which they would have to be contemplating doing. If not, they have run up the white flag already and should refund everybodys season ticket $'s.

Reply #926631 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Injury replacement is exactly that. You are nominated to play if somebody gets injured. You can't chop and change to suit your circumstances.

Perhaps you should tell the Sixers that, as I already posted the Sixers announced this yesterday:

The 36ers organisation would like to thank Jamaal for his time at the club and with him all the best for his future endeavours.

https://nbl.com.au/news/36ers-part-ways-with-import

Rigoni is an NRP not an injury replacement player, he's there to replace anyone that is unavailable to play injury or otherwise. He's the temp replacement for Franklin.

Reply #926632 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

By converting a DP to a roster spot you get the flexibility to remove them back to DP

Did you read the Rasmussen announcement today?

We are thrilled to announce that former Development Player Keanu Rasmussen will be elevated to a full roster position for the NBL24 season

https://twitter.com/Adelaide36ers/status/1706886357329821762?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Former DP, full roster position for the season etc.

Reply #926633 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

It seems strange,

The announcement on the 36ers website mentions the club continuing to search for a new import, so it doesn't seem like he's taking that spot, which would be very stupid.

Is someone else out injured/leaving the club? also very strange timing for this to occur.

My guess is its poorly worded and Rasmussen is just filling in til the import is signed and with the team as that makes the most sense, but not sure how that fits with Rigoni at the same time

Reply #926635 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

Olgun on twitter says he's just a place holder for the import spot,

So just a poorly worded announcement,

Reply #926636 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Correct Jonno.
As Rigoni is not a DP (too old), if they gave the spot to him there is no wiggle room to move him out when an import is signed. This has been done before with Marshall.

Reply #926640 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Jonno, if that is true it's not just a poorly worded announcement. It means they've backflipped on the Rigoni decision just 24 hours later and as they've said Rasmussen will re remaining on the roster for the season, once we sign a new import someone else will be dropping off the roster.

In typical Sixers fashion they don't seem to know what they're doing from one day to the next.

Reply #926642 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

This is a few paragraphs of today's announcement, which is clear (even if it contradicts an earlier announcement)

Adelaide 36ers are thrilled to announce Keanu Rasmussen has been elevated to a full roster spot for the start of the NBL24 season.

The 188cm shooting guard returned to Adelaide earlier this year as a Development Player after spending two seasons at California Baptist Lancers in the NCAA Division One College system.

Rasmussen will join the NBL24 roster as the club considers a third import option moving forward.

Rasmussen will make his NBL debut on Friday night against the Bullets in Brisbane, with Jacob Rigoni to continue as the club's Nominated Injury Replacement Player.

Reply #926646 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

I think the last announcement had a typo in it as it missed the word "Injury", so don't think they have necessarily backflipped, just can't type. today's was clear.

Mondays announcement
The 36ers organisation would like to thank Jamaal for his time at the club and wish him all the best for his future endeavours.

Reply #926647 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

"on the roster".

Anyway putting aside the Rigoni thing they've said Rasmussen will be remaining on the roster for the full season so someone other than him will need to come off the roster when the new import arrives.

Don't worry I don't doubt it will probably be Rasmussen who comes off also contradicting today's announcement. I doubt they will end up removing someone else like Marshall or TSM.

Reply #926648 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

As I said its just poorly worded.

it should just say Rassmusen is upgraded to the roster this week while we continue our search for an import, Olgun confirmed hes just a place holder for the import.

Rigoni, is the injury replacement player and remains as such, hes not on the active roster currently, but just fills in for injuries like he did at the Blitz for Kell, i dont think he is able to fill in for the 3rd import in this role,

Reply #926649 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Zodiac, where does it say he is on the roster for the full season?

It says he is elevated for the start of the season while they consider 3rd import. That says to me, he will return to DP if they sign a 3rd import

Reply #926651 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Last year

rigionni could fill the vacant role if they had upgrade as the temporialy place holder for the 11th spot until they found an import. they've gone calling him a nominated replacement ( any play local or import ) to injury replacement I'm confused on what this club is doing

Reply #926652 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Zodiac, where does it say he is on the roster for the full season?

The club's statement on Twitter I posted above:

We are thrilled to announce that former Development Player Keanu Rasmussen will be elevated to a full roster position for the NBL24 season

https://twitter.com/Adelaide36ers/status/1706886357329821762?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Reply #926654 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Last year

Just learnt the reason for the upgrade is that it is another massive Sixers stuff up .
My source says that Franklin had a clause that had to be paid out if cut and therefore Sixers haven't got funds to get quality import .
Therefore the upgrade.
Time will tell info correct and if so even us loyal supporters that keep thinking they will get their act together surely losing faith.

Reply #926655 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings updated a rookie to full list when one of the imports returned home under Gaze some season back. I don't recall their names.

Reply #926657 | Report this post

Peter  
Last year

Fair enough, but knowing the perfectionists the 36ers are, I expect it's just poorly worded in an attempt to shorten it.

They should have included "start of" like they did on website announcement.

Reply #926658 | Report this post

Jonno  
Last year

I hope not Bretts the man that is a disaster,

at this stage Olgun is saying its a place holder for an import, so I trust him as he knows his stuff

Reply #926660 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

The reading comprehension in this thread is more of a shitshow than Adelaide's recruitment.

"Will continue as the nominated replacement player" means "will remain as a nominated replacement player and not come onto the active roster", "for the NBL24 season" does not necessarily mean "for the entire NBL24 season" - Franklin wasn't announced as only being signed for the preseason. People are signed until they aren't.

NBL rosters have a minimum of 11. Releasing Franklin means that by rule they are required to immediately sign someone. Elevating a DP fills that requirement without causing any issues with demoting them back to DP status once an import is signed.

Reply #926679 | Report this post

Hooper  
Last year

Zodiac's posts are painful to read. SMH.
It’s simple, KR will go back to DP when they get import they want. Until then, he’s on the roster for NBL24.

Reply #926684 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

I believe there is a rule around minimum number of full time roster spots that have to be suited for games. Rigoni is an injury replacement , right now , no one is injured so he cant be utilised in this role.

Rasmussen will revert to DP once an import is signed

Reply #926685 | Report this post

Dorito  
Last year

I did hear someone say over the blitz that DPs don't travel to away games, maybe they've elevated him so he can travel, so they can call on him whilst undermanned and waiting for the final import?

Reply #926696 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Did nobody read my post?

Reply #926703 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Last year

Yes Koberulz I did but believe my information correct and longer we wait till hear of replacement import not disproved .
Which is no import unless a cheap one available later.
Maybe up to Olgun or someone to ask club why no import replacement.

Reply #926736 | Report this post

In Da House  
Last year

By the way, if they need to transfer Rigoni to a DP they can as he doesn't turn 25yrs old until Dec this year. So if they don't find or can't afford a replacement import, then Rasmussen stays as rostered player and Rigs can qualify for DP.

Reply #927198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754