Tomdelonge2
Last year

36ers @ Kings, Oct 8

Kings first home game v Sixers on the quick back up.

Topic #51461 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Last year

It was a better response against Perth on Friday but I think Sydney will be too strong at home. Just hoping for an honourable loss.

Kings by 14

Reply #927658 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Kings with crowd behind them should come out pumping.
36s mental fortitude will tested here.
Refs will keep it closer than it should but Kings way to strong for 36s. Kings double figures

Reply #927667 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Kings by single figures based on the fact the Sixers keep trolling by finding a way to lose just under the line (which is -9.5 again).

Reply #927670 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

I'm feeling positive.

22pt loss

Reply #927673 | Report this post

larrycucumber2  
Last year

I can't see the Sydney Kings losing this one, but I think it may be only a 8-15 point win as as we saw on Friday night against Tassie, Sydney are still in the process of gelling together.

GO KINGS!

Reply #927674 | Report this post

Dorito  
Last year

Rucker's commentary is annoying as heck!

Reply #927690 | Report this post

MaxM  
Last year

Brad Rosen's Sydney bias is nearly as bad

Reply #927691 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

Didn't think I'd prefer Gleeson's commentary of a Wildcats game but here I am

Reply #927692 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

36ers wont win more than 5 games all season.
This team is putrid.
They have no identity....thats on the coach

Reply #927693 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

What time do you catch your flights from Perth? Gotta ask the questions everyone is interested while watching a game.

Reply #927694 | Report this post

Krazy8  
Last year

McCarron stealing a living as a 'professional basketballer'.

Reply #927695 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

28 free throws in 20 minutes.
Is what the NBL thinks is entertainment?

Reply #927699 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

So the 36ers are just the Trey Kell's team now?

I haven't got the stomach to look at the box score but I reckon Kell's put up 12-15 shots already in the first half.

Reply #927701 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Kell 6/10 well that's alright.

Reply #927702 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Trey Kell explosion!

Reply #927703 | Report this post

JCK98  
Last year

Pay the electric bill Paul.

Reply #927704 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Sixers showing great tenacity, they are not that bad.

Reply #927708 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

CJ's certainly got them playing better these past 3 games.

The pre-season games and the opening game against the Bullets were terrible though.

Reply #927710 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Their talent level is not as good as the top sides, certainly their bench depth. I believe sixer

Reply #927712 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Coinciding with Cadee, Wiley and Humphries taking on more prominent roles and MM less?

Reply #927713 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Wrong button above, I believe sixer are as good as have been for a season or two with less talent

Reply #927714 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

To be fair Try Kell has had the game of his life which is probably what's keeping the Sixers in it.

Hopefully we don't roll over and undo 3/4 of good work in the 4th.

Reply #927715 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Adams can be crap most game and then kill you in the last.

Reply #927716 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Is Humphries playing well enough to be considered for the Boomers for Paris?

Reply #927717 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

You can't miss lay ups like Dech just did and win, they don’t have enough troops, they run out energy.

Reply #927718 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

Humphries was always capable of being good, his issue was only staying healthy.

Reply #927719 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last year

These 36ers are quite good at getting your hopes up for a while and then disappointing you.

Reply #927720 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

MM doing less, double double but yeah Cadee with 2 is the man

Reply #927721 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Last year

"Kings by single figures based on the fact the Sixers keep trolling by finding a way to lose just under the line (which is -9.5 again)."

Although the Sixers lost, I find the fact they lost by 9 on the buzzer quite entertaining in reference to this previous post.

Reply #927722 | Report this post

JustWannaHoop  
Last year

We choked in the 4th...we need a better big that backs up Humphris. No idea what's wrong with Dech he’s so much better than what he’s playing.

Reply #927724 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Mccaron who I've been critical off had a very nice stats line, also plus 5, Kell minus 16, Cadee minus 22, Galloway minus 17. You don’t win with some of your man players with those performances. Sixers are a budget side, kings are millionaires side, it’s unfortunate but that just the way it is.

Reply #927726 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Not sure this Kings side would be that expensive it's more a cost-conscious side compared to the last two Kings teams. Adams fell on his face overseas and needs to rebuild his stock, Valentine was getting paid peanuts in the G-League and Bolden's probably just happy to be bringing some money in after crypto went bust. Hogg no doubt got a pay rise though.

Reply #927730 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

Good effort but scoreboard flattened the 36ers in the end... rentaroy made an absolute meal of that last min for the kings otherwise would of looked a lot worse

Reply #927732 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Dunkman speaking some truths, the bottom line is, as passionate as the 6s fans are their administration seems to lack the understanding of building a team. They then bring in coaches and charge them with the responsibility of trying to urn pigs ears in to silk purses. It's going to be a very long season

Reply #927733 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

One thing that is now no longer in doubt is that the state league is way, way below NBL level. Starling has dominated for years in that league and has looked way out of his depth this season. I'm sure at 34 now age has caught up with him too but he's almost unplayable at this level.

Reply #927736 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

But doesn't that really sum up the 6s though Zodiac rather than signing players in their prime, they seem to try and get a raw stone and see if the pressure can turn them into diamonds.

Reply #927737 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

It's well known the Sixers have been struggling to recruit players since the Mitch Creek incident and that's probably not going to change if GK remains as owner.

So the Sixers have to either over pay significantly (McCarron, Humphries 1.0) and take flyers on fringe NBL guys like Starling, TSM and Acuoth.

Reply #927739 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Last year

Dech is the most selfish player on Sixers team. Always takes tough shots against multiple defenders when has open players. Has just 2 assists to his name after 4 games. Just doesn't give the extra pass in good ball movement.

Reply #927740 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Agree on Dech, trying to get impressive stats for his next contract, should stick to what he's good at, playing quality D.

Reply #927741 | Report this post

Beantown  
Last year

It was another loss and the season is quickly slipping away, but I'll give CJ some credit because I am seeing better ball and player movement and some structure to create decent looks in the offence. Some progress there.

I was also pleased to see Mitch play the way he should play for most of this game. He didn’t have the ball in his hands very much. CJ had Cadee and Kell handling it mostly, with some plays being run through Wiley. Instead, Mitch focussed on defence and kept the ball moving offensively.

Kell finally found his shot! I like his steady hand on offence. Doesn’t rush or force it too much and can be very effective when he can get to his spots. He just needs to be our second or third option, he’s not a #1 like Adams or Cotton.

Dech came in and had a big 3rd quarter that helped change the game, but as others have said, he gets a bit selfish at times on offence. He needs to watch the JJs and move the ball on quicker if he doesn’t have a good look.

Today’s game was a good eg of why Cadee isn’t ideal as our starting point guard. CJ had to pull him early because he was being exploited defensively. He still had a positive impact when he was on by moving the ball and keeping our offence flowing, but today was a tough matchup for him.

Another honourable loss, but we ran out of legs and our offence ground to a halt again in the 4th quarter. Management needs to get us a lead guard asap because we just don’t have enough offensive talent on the floor right now.

Reply #927742 | Report this post

BigD  
Last year

Hey Jacket, the NBL FT rate is 3% lower than that of the Euroleague, and less than 1% higher than the NBA. So if that's your basis for the NBL not being entertaining, then you must just hate basketball.

Reply #927746 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

"It's well known the Sixers have been struggling to recruit players since the Mitch Creek incident and that's probably not going to change if GK remains as owner."

Still going on about the Mitch Creek incident like it is actually relevant. They have been able to recruit fine. Imagine if it wasn't for the Creek incident the Sixers might of had a chance at Giddey! Oh wait they did get Giddey. These are professional players you keep forgetting.

Reply #927747 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Still going on about the Mitch Creek incident like it is actually relevant

If you don't understand why the Creek thing is still killing the Sixers ability to recruit 5-6 years later that's on you.

Reply #927751 | Report this post

SixersFan  
Last year

Its not on me because they have been able to recruit which you continue to ignore. You just want to hold on to a false fact and pretend like professional players who have managers can't write up a contract.

Reply #927752 | Report this post

Uncle Dre  
Last year

The way they mistreated Creeky was a disgrace and is clearly still haunting the club. Will remain that way until the owner moves on. Hopefully soon now he is unemployed

Reply #927755 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Line was 9.5 and yep Sixers lose by 9. Not just shitastic but also a troll of a team.

Reply #927756 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Another honourable loss, but we ran out of legs and our offence ground to a halt again in the 4th quarter. Management needs to get us a lead guard asap because we just don't have enough offensive talent on the floor right now."

Good summary. These four games have just shown how costly Adelaide's off-season incompetence is. They've got plenty of blokes who can play and fill roles, get the star import guard right and they're a really solid team.

Two years in a row they've f*cked up that position and sabotaged their own season before it's begun.

Reply #927761 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

" Line was 9.5 and yep Sixers lose by 9. Not just shitastic but also a troll of a team."

Hahahaha

Reply #927762 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Although the Sixers lost, I find the fact they lost by 9 on the buzzer quite entertaining in reference to this previous post.

My prediction was dead on!

Reply #927764 | Report this post

Heatingsnail  
Last year

The sixers just had too much class. I thought Wiley for Adelaide showed some real fight together with Humphrey. Adelaide desperately needs to address the point position. Kings would often take MaCarron off the dribble, he just diesnt have it to keep up in this league. Even the kings felt comfortanle putting Hunter to guard him at times, not a good look. Cadee must start going forward as PG.

Reply #927769 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The sixers just had too much class.

wat

Reply #927770 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

You think teams losing under the margin is an accident?

Reply #927771 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The thought has crossed my mind many times.

Reply #927773 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Last year

If you don't understand why the Creek thing is still killing the Sixers ability to recruit 5-6 years later that's on you.

The way they mistreated Creeky was a disgrace and is clearly still haunting the club.

The Creek saga was regretable.

But it has not had a lasting effect on the club's ability to recruit top talent.

Here are some examples in no order:

1) Isaac Humphries (the first stint) - was highly sought after and was the highest paid player before Jock Landale joined. Of course it did not work out due to injuries but without hindsight one would still think he was a key piece to bring in.

2) Mitch McCarron - was probably the biggest free agent in that year. Again with hindsight we would not have gone there, but still someone most teams wanted.

3) Gosh Giddey - If the NBA was Giddey's goal, why would he have chosen Adelaide a supposed 'blocker' of dreams?

4) Robert Franks - One of the best import forwards in the year prior.

5) Antonius Cleveland - Reigning DPoY before joining the Sixers.

Other notable mentions :

- Jerome Randle returning - Why would an MVP return if the club is so toxic?
- Demitrius Conger - 2nd in MVP voting the previous season, All NBL first team and had a strong Europe showing.
- Sunday Dech

Obviously I know none of these additions lead to an ultimate success but I am not arguing the Sixers recruited successfully to win a Championship, I am dispelling the notion that after Creek no one (of any worth) wanted to play for the Sixers.

Reply #927777 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Creek hasn't exactly turned SEM into a winning franchise, it’s all water under the bridge and has nothing to do with who they recruit. A smaller budget, certainly this season probably doesn’t help though.

Reply #927794 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

@Love Broker and look at what conditions those guys signed up under. 36ers had to pay way overs to get them here to offset the nonsense. Now that is impacting who can be signed this season.

Giddey came because the JVG relationship that went back to him being a child

Reply #927799 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Can anyone explain why the Kings player threw the ball out with 3 seconds to play and then the 36ers scored to cover the -9.5 line. Does anyone have footage or a reason as to why this happened? *I havent seen just getting quized on it

Reply #927801 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Believe it or not it had nothing to do with match fixing, and a lot more to do with development players being thrown on the court.

Reply #927803 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Did it deliberately get thrown out?

Reply #927805 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Last year

Adelaide haven't been terrible at all to start the season, but I feel like they're just better at doing the same/wrong thing. Easy to see the difference Humphries makes at the defensive end.

Another fairly foreseeable capitulation after all the hard work to catch up. Seems like teams just have to go up half a gear and make adjustments to neutralise any threat Adelaide manage to pose. I just can't see how Adelaide will manage to beat anyone? They will win some games for sure, but feel like it will just be the same script over and over.

In saying that, pretty tough start to the season schedule wise, and there is a little bit of hope there. Need to keep playing with an underdog spirit, get a new import, and hopefully CJ can learn/start to see what he's not seeing. Did anyone notice a bit of tension between CJ and Simpson? Maybe the assistants are fed up too?

Reply #927806 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

"Did it deliberately get thrown out?"

No. Adelaide's garbage time players were pressing. Gattorna was inbounding under the basket, Adelaide denied the two Sydney guards, and he tried to throw the pass to Makuach who was close to centre court sideline, Makauch made a move to the centre of the court while Gattorna threw a bad pass to where he'd previously been.

The last minute was a comedy of errors from the Sydney development players, but the only folks who would think point shaving would be gamblers.

Reply #927807 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Simpson vouched for Franklin. Franklin had to be paid out to sack him and now CJ doesn't have enough budget to activate a replacement. CJ is probably a bit angry about that.

Reply #927808 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Isnt it an unwitten rule to let it time out form there? few seconds left down double digits?

What would happen in NBA?

Reply #927809 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

No, there is no unwritten rule to dribble out the clock to preserve the under for gambling. Points matter in the NBL standings, so it's not unusual - ESPECIALLY when development players are on the court and looking to hit a scoresheet - for teams to try and score down the stretch. The same doesn't apply for the NBA where point differential doesn't matter and there are more minutes for the end of the rotation players to hit the court across 82 games.

Reply #927810 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Franklin had to be paid out to sack him and now CJ doesn't have enough budget to activate a replacement.

Do you know this for a fact? I know another poster has been pushing it as a rumour he says he's heard but as inept as the Sixers are behind the scenes I find that rumour very difficult to believe.

Firstly I've never heard of a first year import getting a no-cut clause on a 1 year deal, not saying it hasn't happened but in all my time I've never heard of a fresh import getting one and we've had imports in this league with much better stock than Franklin. Plus he got cut by two teams in Asia last season and wouldn't have had the clout to get one, assuming they even exist.

Secondly and perhaps most importantly if Franklin has to be paid out in full for the season why cut him at all? We clearly had and still don't have a replacement to go and we could use the extra body so why pay a player to sit in the stands when he could be playing for us until a replacement is found?

Reply #927813 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

I agree it's completely bizarre and a total 36ers thing to do but thats what happened. My understanding is that because he was vouched for by both Simpson and CJ he got the clause.

It wasn't a full season guarantee but still very costly for someone who only played a handful of preseason games. My guess is that he banked somewhere around 200k USD.

Bare in mind his NBL salary was well under what he is used to getting in Asia so probably fair that he got the clause as he was a " known" player.

Reply #927817 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Alright assuming that is all true and I still doubt it, I don't think CJ or Simpson would be that naive after what happened to Franklin last season, but why isn't Franklin still playing for us then? If $200k USD of his contract was guaranteed that would be at least half a season worth, so why aren't we playing him up until that point?

Still doesn't make any sense either financial or on-court wise.

Reply #927818 | Report this post

Q Anon  
Last year

Maybe Franklin played them

Maybe he wasn't a good fit

Maybe he upset teammates

Maybe he turned up out of shape and wasn't very good at doing much other than hitting set 3s

Reply #927819 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Some things that impressed me yesterday from Sydney:

1) Jordi Hunter - tends to have the biggest impact when matched up against more traditional bigs. Completely took Humphries out of the game while impacting the game on both ends.

2) Galloway - 5 steals, and a couple of them just wrestled the ball away from the offensive player on drives. Becoming a great 2-way player.

3) Glover - has started the season really slow and still didn't shoot the ball particularly well, but glad he didn't shy from shooting and knocked a few down.

4) Adams - a few steps closer to looking like the MVP-caliber guy we saw last time he was here. When he sat down in the 3rd with foul trouble we started to fall apart.

5) Valentine - still looks a little slow footed on D and has some head scratching turnovers (the fast break turnover in Q4 was ... something else) but he brings some things this team needs - outside shooting and ability to crash the glass.

6) Toohey - the two early (and bad) FT misses really seemed to take him out of the game mentally. He was real impressive prior to this game.

Reply #927820 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Believe it or not it had nothing to do with match fixing, and a lot more to do with development players being thrown on the court.

For the record as the user who brought the line up originally as a carryover from the Wildcats and United games I wasn't implying this at all, and merely wanted to highlight another area in which the Sixers seem to be involved in continual drama, yet those who replied to me came from an angle that I was and no doubt misunderstood my subsequent reply which went unaddressed. Also earlier some assumed I lost money with juvenile reactions (be better guys) when there was no bet placed in the last two games because of my paranoia about it not being as easy of a bet as I and everyone who predicts the margin on here thought it would be.

Can anyone explain why the Kings player threw the ball out with 3 seconds to play and then the 36ers scored to cover the -9.5 line. Does anyone have footage or a reason as to why this happened? *I havent seen just getting quized on it

because this current Sixers franchise seem to be steeped in drama. Most entertaining team in the league for it - whether it's the owner, coach, players etc. and now the line bookmakers set in their fixtures too (for the third game in a row!).

Reply #927821 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The Franklin scenario is amazing... ly bad. Kelly has to be the GOAT now re: worst owner in NBL history.

Reply #927822 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Isn't it obvious? Working the line market to fund a new import ;-)

Reply #927823 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

Teams Adelaide will really struggle with right now, and not the traditional ones you'd think:
Cairns
NZ
Jackjumpers
Illawarra

Reply #927825 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

So what you're saying is they're line friendly matchups? Sorry, I had to.

Reply #927826 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

@ Perthworld; saw more of it on Twitter than here to be honest. The Twitter algorithm seems to think I gamble a lot more than I do with the threads it thinks I want to see.

Reply #927830 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

The easiest way to not worry about the game being rigged is just don't gamble, simple as.

Reply #927836 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

"Do you know this for a fact?"

The thing is Q Anon seems to regularly point to things that happen in the organisation. I know people try to prove Q Anon as inaccurate by saying “that didn't end up happening” - like I think the Brantley thing? - but it’s clear that was a direction they were originally trying to go, so it wasn’t inaccurate, just the info at the time.

With that, it makes me annoyed and frustrated because I could see the 36ers say “we want culture guys” take the hit talent wise to get that and then go after someone having been cut in the way Franklin was cut, vouch and put a stupid clause in because they would feel like they’re getting a bargain from his other big money contracts.

Then they go fk let’s cut and then have nobody to sign and be even more worse off.

It’s something frustrating that seems to be bang on what the 36ers would do.

Reply #927847 | Report this post

Heatingsnail  
Last year

Can sixers fans explain to me the Nick Marshall signing for 3 yrs. The guy doesnt shoot, rebound, play D with any intensity?? Has the coaching staff taken away all of his confidence, why a multi year contract?

Reply #927848 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

If Anyone should be accused of match fixing its the refs for not calling the foul when Gattorna got decked, then not calling him being held on the next rebounding contest, immediately before sending McCarron for the 3 point play on a soft foul

Reply #927849 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

The 36ers have actually been very competitive considering their roster and the opposition they've played

Reply #927850 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

@ Perthworld; saw more of it on Twitter than here to be honest. The Twitter algorithm seems to think I gamble a lot more than I do with the threads it thinks I want to see.

Fair enough. Gambling Twitter is a cesspool so hopefully you can somehow remove it from view.

The easiest way to not worry about the game being rigged is just don't gamble, simple as.

Gamblers are, for the most part, fuckwits who can't help themselves though.

I check the handicap out of habit when looking at upcoming fixtures - it's an easy way to see how two teams in a matchup are rated against one another.

Reply #927856 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754