Tomdelonge2
Last year

JJ's at SEM, Oct 14

Big game for SEM. Sink or Swim

Topic #51483 | Report this topic

Knowall  
Last year

JJS too smart for SEM and if they still got no 5 could get embarrassing. Jjs by 10+

Reply #928158 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Yes very hard to see anything but JJs win, I think SEM in right direction, it's just going to take time. Like bullets though who seem to play for Sobey, SEM got play more team and less Creek imo. Great players can sometimes get too much off the ball and smart coaches close them down.
JJs are classic example, they move the ball and even though Doyle is the main player they share it very well. JJs stand up defensively as well across the floor.
Hopefully good game and SEM get within 10 or the season is already down to 3/4 teams.

Reply #928161 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm not convinced the Phoenix play better without Creek, it’s a lot less iso.

Reply #928200 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Very good game, Crawford just toying with SEM guards. Moller and Kenyon do give Phoenix some defensive presence, Gak being back also very helpful. JJs just rolling in 2nd gear which could be big trouble for sem.

Reply #928201 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

There is some serious bad blood between Kenyon and his old team Tassie. Anyone know what happened there?

Reply #928202 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

SEM by 1, I've always like defensive players, moller plus 10 in a one point win, Browne excellent, Kelly running a short bench certainly helped. SEM still to iso and Creek dominant in offence.
JJs just slightly below their best, Doyle reasonably well held, Crawford caused major damage.

Reply #928204 | Report this post

Green ant  
Last year

In regards to Keyon, when he was at the JJs opposition teams would regularly leave him open on the three. JJs I think did a bit work to improve his offensive game.

But it looked like tonight that Roth was making a point to shout out to his players to leave Kenyon open.

So Kenyon just took it a bit personally, wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement from a former coach.

Reply #928207 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Fun game. Phoenix really lifted from the 2nd Q on.

Reply #928208 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Kenyon was hugging his former teammates after the game and their didn't appear to be any bad blood at all. I think it was more him responding to the way he was being guarded, and credit to him for knocking down a couple.

Hell of a game, outstanding win without a starting centre. The two import guard combo certainly earned its keep last night.

Reply #928221 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Don't rate SEM - they are a basically Illawarra + Creek - off night for Tassie - they still top 2 in my personal power ranking :-p

Reply #928247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754