Tomdelonge2
Last year

NZ @ JJ's, Nov 16

Who wins?

Topic #51590 | Report this topic

EssenX  
Last year

JJs likely. But they have to play well because the Breakers, other than the Wildcats debacle, haven't been too far off the pace in their losses.

Breakers need to try to .500 until Cheatham gets back. Hawks is one they’ll target so this is a free hit, pressure on the JJs.

Reply #930499 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Breakers unlikely to be in this but to do so they need delany to stay out of foul trouble, PJC to do what he does and lamb to stay hot for at least 3 quarters

Reply #930511 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Last year

JJ's at home.

Reply #930529 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Tough game this one, nz must win but in Launceston won't be easy. JJs probably just better balance across the floor. Parker Cartwright v Crawford should be good, this duel could be a key to victory. I don’t think there will be a lot in it, JJs by two.

Reply #930546 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

High scoring game, 61 points in quarter. I prefer my basketball a bit more physical, refs don't allow it so you get these shoot outs. Still entertaining just soft for my liking.

Reply #930551 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Lamb is carving no matter who is marking him. McVeigh has looked like a statue on him but he's not on his own. Early days but breakers really looking good, much better team mix.

Reply #930554 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Could Lamb win MVP?

Reply #930555 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

He keeps going like this yes to Lamb mvp.

Reply #930557 | Report this post

Tomdelonge2  
Last year

Building nicely into the season

Reply #930558 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Breakers by 9, should have been more except for that dumb zone the keep trying and a little home cooking.

Reply #930560 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Home cooking keeping this close

Reply #930562 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Breakers had better not throw it away from here. WMW out with knee injury. Gliddon playing very nice at both ends, Moady still playing around with line ups a little to much for my liking but breakers clearly better so far. Parker plying excellent.

Reply #930563 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Moady 100% right, if that's a foul on Parker he’s fouled every time he goes to the rack.

Reply #930564 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Magnay fantastic, Mathiang and Leafa just not smart players. Game on.

Reply #930565 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

This will be a guy wrenching collapse for NZ if Tassie steal this

Reply #930566 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

Youch, Crawford.

Reply #930567 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Cracking game

Reply #930568 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

It's become a cliche but you can never count out the Jackjumpers.

Way to redeem yourself Leafa with the huge steal.

Reply #930569 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Wow, what a game. I think breakers deserved it despite the 4th Q jitters

If they can stay in contact with playoffs till cheatham is back then they're gonna be dangerous at the back end

Reply #930570 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

That should have been much easier for breakers, Lamb, Parker, Gliddon, Delaney very good, not sold on Leafa and Mathiang just can't play D Abercrombie very solid.

Magnay and Doyle certainly good, rest average. Crawford beat by Parker.
Very good game overall.

Reply #930571 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

I do like the way the JJs play. Lots of effort, mostly smart and work to their strengths. Should see them pretty well through the season

Reply #930572 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

The Breakers lost a bit of momentum and direction when WMW went out.

A win against the Hawks will get them back on track. But Cheatham is needed ASAP so they can play defense like they want to. Mathiang and Pineau look lost. If the Breakers still had Pardon, they'd be killing it.

Le’afa had some bad moments but overall he was very good. He slowed down Doyle. Last week the Breakers should have let him glue to Cotton.

Lamb could be an MVP candidate if the Breakers start getting some wins. There was some phenomenal defensive plays by Magnay and Lee that slowed him down, as well as some dumb calls by the Breakers, but against most teams he would have gone off for 40.

JJs are the most disciplined team in the league, I’d love to see Roth coach the Boomers.

Reply #930581 | Report this post

EssenX  
Last year

WMW will be out for 6 weeks with a foot fracture.

Reply #930629 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

That is bad news for him and the team. Breakers can still cause a lot trouble, they are still very strong.

Reply #930630 | Report this post

Pablo Escobar  
Last year

JJ's are plain vanilla. They have to be disciplined cos they don't have a lot of talent. Will not win it. And Roth maybe gets more credit than he deserves. Made zero adjustment when Lamb was killing them. The adjustment came when Lamb had to take a break cos his shooting arm got tired he was scoring that much. Also calling the umpires audibly 'C*cksucking motherf*ckers' is hardly the caring nuturing persona he tries to display.

Reply #930631 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

If your Roth quote is accurate, I'd expect the NBL to step in and make sure that Roth is relieved of his duties for a few weeks.

A very bad look from Roth and surely unacceptable for the NBL.

Reply #930639 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

If your Roth quote is accurate, I'd expect the NBL to step in and make sure that Roth is relieved of his duties for a few weeks.

A very bad look from Roth and surely unacceptable for the NBL.

Reply #930640 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Roth is a very good coach and everyone gets shirty at times. Again stop all coaches getting into refs, yes they can talk to them but set rules re respect and yelling. He did get some bad calls yesterday but overall I thought he got the better of them. JJs are just not doing as well as last season, a few of there guys are down on form.

Reply #930641 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Especially with pride Round on the horizon

Reply #930642 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754