Zodiac
Last year

DJ departs SEM Phoenix

With Gorjok Gak's return from injury Daniel Johnson has left the SEM Phoenix after three games.

https://nbl.com.au/news/johnson-departs-phoenix

I was thinking he might be kept around to replace Craig Moller who is now out for the rest of the season.

Topic #51630 | Report this topic

Ben  
Last year

Keeping room on the roster to sign John Wall.

Or Dwight Howard.

Reply #931753 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Totally different player to moller, defensive wing versus an offensive five. Interesting days ahead for SEM, I've never really thought they were in the race to win it, might have just got more difficult.

Reply #931754 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

You beat me to it Dunkman but it got me thinking imagine if you spliced the two together hmmmm.

Reply #931758 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Moller's D with Johnson's O
and most importantly not Moller's hair.

Reply #931760 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

This Voltaren ad keeps popping up on my socials. Dave Andersen's in it and still looks in shape, maybe they could grab him. Gibbo on the other hand ....

Reply #931762 | Report this post

Observer  
Last year

Can't sign Wall or Howard SEM have 3 imports ,if brown or Cummings go down Wall might play.

Reply #931764 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

Broekhoff?

Reply #931770 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Last year

Boti's already calling for the Sixers to sign DJ again at the expense of TSM:

Daniel Johnson is now a free agent again after South East Melbourne did not retain him to cover the injury loss of Craig Moller, and re-signing the 7-time club champion immediately makes more sense than retaining Tohi Smith-Milner.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/great-scott/

Reply #931875 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Not sure why you would quote that as it isn't any kind of validation. Boti should really know better.

Reply #931879 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Smith-Milner has been reasonably serviceable, Sixers need to move on.

Reply #931883 | Report this post

KET  
Last year

If I'm being honest, TSM has been much better than I expected.

I didn’t look at him as a replacement for DJ though, to me he was a 10th/11th man.

Reply #931891 | Report this post

SonicBoomer  
Last year

Dave Anderson keeping in shape by playing Sunday evening Masters league at Franga. Those old blokes take that shit serious, there's been cop cars at the stadium on a Sunday evening at least three times this current season

Reply #932289 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754