Dunkman
Last year

NZ v JJs

Refs already calling so much rubbish. Let them play.

Topic #51642 | Report this topic

Jacket  
Last year

Foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul foul, foul

Reply #932147 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

McVeigh throws one in from 3/4 court on buzzer to give JJs two point lead. Parker and Crawford going at it, very entertaining.

Reply #932148 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Haha these refs must be spewing.
They CLEARLY want a certain amount of points to be scored and both teams are missing so many FTs.
The refs just literally call a foul every 20 seconds.
They are relentless.

Reply #932149 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Breakers in foul trouble with more than five minutes in the quarter. JJs just to good but I do question some of the calls

Reply #932151 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Watching the NBL still Jacket

Reply #932152 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Waiting for the BBL to start.
Why watch a game where the referee intervenes literally every 20 seconds?

Reply #932153 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

You currently are

Reply #932154 | Report this post

Screeningnick  
Last year

This is arguably the worst reffed game of the season.

Just think about that for a second.

Reply #932155 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

Next ESPN 30 for 30 episode

"What if i told you an NBL game went for 20 seconds without a foul being called?"

Reply #932156 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I watch all games, the reffing has been woeful, Parker got offensive fouls on what they tell you to do in under 12, push off to find space. Lamb is just shaking his head, four fouls. JJs been good but it's all gone their way.
Jacket is a hater but the reffing in the nba to the nbl is so significantly better. It’s got become consistent.

Reply #932157 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

Just because you get taught to push off does not make it legal? You get taught to bump the cutter also and that isn't legal either.

Ask the NBA players if they like the NBA refs?

Reply #932158 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Absolute disgusting decision, they are referring one side.
Well if it's not legal call it on all plays, just don’t select players that are good at throwing their heads back. Ref the game both ways, it’s been atrocious, after that shit fight on Thursday night and now this.

Reply #932159 | Report this post

Jacket  
Last year

LOL once the scoring picked up the fouls stopped.
You can see what is going on.
I watched the Tim Donaghy documentary the other night.
Was surprised how easy he was able to gamble on games without the NBA having any clue on what was going on

Reply #932161 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

I made no reference to this or any game. Just your assertion you are taught to do it. Coach's teach actions that are illegal all the time with the insight (The Goorjin theory) that the referees will not call every foul.

Reply #932162 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

This should have been a good game, got ruined by the second quarter, I'm fan, big fan but got be a lot better than this.
JJs are a good team and very well coached and at 1/4 time it was game on only to have, Lamb, Parker get ridiculous calls, it affects how your team play D. Really spoiled what should have been a great contest.

Reply #932164 | Report this post

retired  
Last year

Could the NZ Coach be the next to go if they don't get more wins.

He would have to be looking over his shoulder waiting for the call to meet with Management.

Reply #932165 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

If you're watching this game do you think it was called evenly, I’ve got no game on either side but just want a fair contest.

Reply #932166 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last year

I think there is a common theme between two games this round. I have no game either side as well. But you cant state your taught X and Y when coach's try and get away with illegal contact all the time

Reply #932168 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Part of the reason you push off is because your defender is normally holding you or so close in your face that you have too, so if you're going to call the push off, call the defender first. Anyway I’m moving on and I love the game but it just leaves me annoyed at the inconsistency.

Reply #932169 | Report this post

Eagle  
Last year

What do we think of Magnay possibly making it as the 3rd centre for Paris if he keeps building on this season as he has been? Obviously assuming Landale and Reath are the first two centres

Reply #932170 | Report this post

Kolzee  
Last year

Breakers hurting a lot from delany not stepping up. This game he was 1 from 8 and takes such difficult shots. He used to play smart and within his limitations. Now the opposite

Mantas on the other hand looks very good. I think he's contacted for another year and if so can take Abercrombies minutes and add a lot more. For a young player his defence is outstanding

Reply #932225 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Part of the reason you push off is because your defender is normally holding you or so close in your face that you have too, so if you're going to call the push off, call the defender first."

^^ this! NBL refs let so much holding go, and checking of the ball-handler, but are often very quick to punish the offence for trying to get free of that illegal contact. It shows a real lack of quality referee coaching.

Reply #932228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754