AJ16
Last year

In Season Tournament - Final

Lakers v Pacers compete for the first ever NBA Cup.

I think the 'tournament' has been good for the league, offering something different and certainly providing a different discussion point early on.

The ‘knockout rounds’ has added some extra spice to the regular season standings.

Lebron is seeing it as unclaimed silverware....adding another notch to his legacy (MJ never won an IST! the Lebron devoted will say), whilst it’s been fantastic to see the Pacers and Tyrese Haliburton use the tournament as a rallying cry to simply be relevant.

The courts….well after liking them at first I definitely see room for improvement - the red and blue championship court is garish.

For next year;
Maybe the top two in each pool play off to get a spot in the QF’s next year, with the highest ranked looser also making it through.
Fix the courts!

Topic #51644 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

Lakers win. Lebron and Davis unstoppable.

Reply #932243 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

Overall I liked it. I think Indiana will be better for having gone through something like this as a young team.

But yeah, lose the courts.

Also, the NBA official "all time" stats are becoming more and more ridiculous.

The stats from the final don't count as NBA career stats. AD didnt have a 40-20 game. They could fix this just by getting rid of the already terrible idea that playoff stats aren't part of all time stats.

With the IST final, and the play in games, there's games that don't fit anywhere. Just make them all part of all time stats and make it so much easier.

Reply #932286 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

The issues I had with the tournament was as mentioned above the courts, but also when the semi finals and final game came around I think the NBA should still be playing regular season games for the other teams. It meant yesterday I had just 1 game to choose and I didnt want to watch it (cant stand the Lakers). It also means there is now no games being played today (same happened after the semi finals).

Reply #932292 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last year

They can't really schedule other games because they don't know who would be in the final so just blank out those days for everyone.

Reply #932293 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Phantom, thats a good point actually

Reply #932300 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754