Isaac
Last year

Draymond Green suspended indefinitely by NBA

Warriors roster looked good on paper yet three familiar faces appear to be hampering their season: Green with these consistent idiotic incidents, then Klay and Wiggins regressing fairly seriously.

A serious suspension is beyond reasonable given injury risk to other players.

Topic #51653 | Report this topic

Yup  
Last year

bout time

Reply #932424 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Klay's contract extension offer withdrawn also

Reply #932425 | Report this post

LV  
Last year

Klay and Wiggins both with comfortably the lowest 3P% of their careers. Wiggins lowest PPG, Klay lowest since rookie year

For those who have been watching the Warriors- why?

Reply #932439 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

They getting old, they production doesn't equal the reputation and the league has moved on from 2016, they are too small...

Reply #932440 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Exactly what Yup said, they are getting older, the bench depth no longer exists and they haven't adjusted. Outside of Curry the team really has nobody worth worrying about on the roster.

Its pretty much reaching a time where you need to rebuild, which is a shame for Steph because he still has gas in the tank. They gotta be kicking themselves for signing Green through to the 26/27 season.

Reply #932441 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

They've had 3 lotto picks in the the last 5 or so years and looks like none will be starter level

They shoulda picked Lamelo

Reply #932442 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last year

I haven't been watching them but would've guessed that Saric, Paul, GP2, Kuminga and Moody and Podziemski are pretty competent?

My guess is that whatever kept Wiggins out last season is still weighing on his mind. Either that or after a championship, he has no hunger.

Klay and Green are struggling to cope with life after the glory years. Green's still contributing, but striking out because his sheen has faded. Kerr's presumably holding out hope for Klay but I wonder if he shouldn't just bench him and hope he finds easier shots against other second units?

I'd be maximising this window with Curry and Paul, and doing something drastic now. Of their top ten four-man line-ups, 2-9th have Chris Paul in them. Of the best two-man combos, Podziemski and other benchies feature strongly.

Reply #932443 | Report this post

LaPark  
Last year

They're talking about Draymond "getting the help he needs" when I think the problem he has is he's just a plain 'ol a'hole who has been enabled most of his life because he's good at basketball.

Reply #932445 | Report this post

Big Fudge  
Last year

Isaac, I dont believe that CP3 has a window anymore, on top of that having him and Curry together I dont think is a good combination.

Reply #932483 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Last year

They really messed up the two timeline scenario. Wiseman as the 2nd pick was a major risk having only played a couple of early season college games. Ball was the only alternative, no-one could have guessed Halliburton, Maxey and Bane would turn out to be great. Kuminga has never been consistent and it's probably safe to say he's a bust now. Moody has shown he's a capable player, what you'd expect from where he was drafted. Then you could classify Poole as a up and comer, now he's got his own category of Shaqtin.
They had plenty of time to package the picks or players for a decent piece, instead Wiseman turns into Payton who they could have resigned, and Poole into CP who's better days are long ago. They won't get any return from Kuminga, Wiggins is playing like his Minnesota days and Klay has just had age and injuries catchup. Draymond is just a comic character now, not worth the effort on an average team.
But how do they rebuild, Curry still has it but what would anyone offer something for him, Knicks maybe? Then auction off the remains for some draft capital and bad contracts.

Reply #932486 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754