Dunkman
Last year

SEM v United

Half way through second, all United, refs have not helped SEM but they have not looked good. Creek four turnovers. SEM defensively just not good enough. The new import going to have to be good. Creek three fouls, Travers got him today

Topic #51655 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

Phoenix scored 46 at the half, probably be happy with that, what's not so good is the 66 united scored.

Reply #932446 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Much better quarter from SEM, back to -13. Kelly has clearly shown he's a quality coach, I didn’t rate them at season start but whilst they probably won’t be champions they certainly competitive.

Reply #932448 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Media talking bout JLA coming back in with 3.09 left in a blow out !

It was to get some burn sharing the court with Hukporti, getting some reps into the double big lineup...

Reply #932453 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Creel limited off, injuries could hurt SEM again.

Reply #932457 | Report this post

DR  
Last year

Refs are putrid and looking foolish Ben ayre plays like it's nbl 1

Reply #932459 | Report this post

Ben  
Last year

Well this game certainly lived up to it's much-hyped tagline, in that the Phoenix THREW themselves DOWN to the ground whilst United embarrassingly pummeled them.

My two takeaways from the game:

1. I appreciate Tanner's continued commitment to maintaining a hairstyle that almost certainly is modeled from a 2001 Justin Timberlake who at the time was starring in NSync.

2. Rhys Vague looks like he went to a party, drank too hard and passed out, then everybody grabbed a nikko pen and drew random shit on his arms.

Reply #932461 | Report this post

Bullets  
Last year

Attended the game and was hoping for a contest but SEM just didn't show up. Watching them tonight, I’m stunned they were in 3rd on the ladder before tonight’s game. Know they’ve lost Moller but even with him their roster is huge downgrade on last years side, particularly in the backcourt. They basically have no depth. I can’t see them making finals this year even with Nader.
United on the other hand, very strong performance. When focused, their defensive pressure was incredible. Great depth all over the floor, especially in the backcourt and overwhelming height on the interior. Clear title favourites

Reply #932463 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

The kings under Weaver lost Moller and went from being unstoppable to being good, lost GF to Perth. It's not his stats, to be certain I’m not certain what it is, but his ability to make side better is remarkable, same when Prather went down at United. I’ve always been a fan.

Phoenix were talked up at season start and should make play inns depending on injuries but mainly on the back of Kelly coaching extremely well, I hope he gets a chance to put his own roster together at season end.

Reply #932471 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"their roster is huge downgrade on last years side, particularly in the backcourt. They basically have no depth."

Most teams who are missing two key players look thin for depth. Once Nader is playing the backcourt will look better balanced.

They'll be pretty happy to go 1-1 against Sydney and Melbourne with multiple guys out, the key is to get the job done against the Hawks on Saturday to stay close to second spot, and that's not an easy task now.

Reply #932473 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

Apart from Sauce, Browne, Creek & Te rangi - how is it not Kelly's roster? Weren’t they the only contracted players when Kelly was signed very early in the off season?

Reply #932475 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

Actually I think Browne was re-signed late, so only Creek, Sauce & Te rangi

Reply #932476 | Report this post

Bored  
Last year

Did Vickerman get two challenges last night? First one he lost on the Dellevedova call? Then he challenged the Goulding hit on Williams and won? Lost the first, should lose his challenge, then won the second?

Reply #932477 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

The contrived Throwup XXXXL rivalry is boring although at least it has produced these two comments which require further highlighting.

2. Rhys Vague looks like he went to a party, drank too hard and passed out, then everybody grabbed a nikko pen and drew random shit on his arms.

Amazing.

The kings under Weaver lost Moller and went from being unstoppable to being good, lost GF to Perth. It's not his stats, to be certain I'm not certain what it is, but his ability to make side better is remarkable, same when Prather went down at United. I’ve always been a fan.

Agreed, there's something about Moller's intangibles. Incredibly many on here will outright deny this while most ignore it. The comparison with Prather's absence is excellent.

Reply #932481 | Report this post

koberulz  
Last year

Did Vickerman get two challenges last night? First one he lost on the Dellevedova call?
That challenge was successful.

Reply #932492 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

I'm not certain how Vickerman won either of those challengers, I thought they were both fouls.

Reply #932494 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

This rivalry is a challenge to be interested in.

Reply #932524 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

I got Hawks winning in Gippsland since Creek is out so major blow to Phoenix when Hawks are healthy playing better ball with Tatum. Got Hawks making a sneaking run to play-ins. Haven't seen enough from Bullets, Cairns yet. Breakers looking good once healthy, scary team to face at the backend.

Reply #932534 | Report this post

Bullets  
Last year

Creek out for the Hawks game... that hurts.
Outside of him, Sauce is realistically their only good player remaining (till Nader comes in).
Browne? Nah… he's a big pass from me.
Really unsure why they brought him back.
He’s not taking you to the next level.
Sure he scored 20 odd, but many of his misses resulted in fast break for MU. He’s a below average perimeter shooter and in this league at his position that doesn’t cut it, especially if you’re also a below average distributor and defender to go with it.
Defensively was constantly broken down off the dribble leading to layups or lobs (Hukporti beast mode).
They need to move on from him.

Reply #932539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754