Train Guy
Last year

Boomers in Bendigo

Boomers are playing Korea in Bendigo in Feb next year. Which team will we roll out?

Topic #51664 | Report this topic

Anon  
Last year

Adelaide Hawks plus WMW

Reply #932670 | Report this post

NBLTigers  
Last year

Korea aren't bad, we better take this game seriously. First time we are versing Korea too.

Reply #932672 | Report this post

WMW
Delly
DJV
Goulding
Creek
Galloway
Travers
Bannan
Humphries
Magnay
Froling

Toohey or Pinder

Solid team.

Reply #932675 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

If the NBL ladder stays as it is, could be something like:

Humphries
Froling
McDaniel
Sobey
McDowell-White

Zikarsky
Bannan
Swaka Lo Buluk
McCarron
Norton
K Galloway
I White

Reply #932676 | Report this post

Kev  
Last year

Why in Bendigo? Our other national teams play in bigger stadiums, allowing fans to attend the games. Imagine the Matilda's playing in a country town? I don’t think so.

Reply #932678 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Isn't it at a fiba break time ?

Reply #932679 | Report this post

AJ16  
Last year

Quite likely Basketball Australia have signed a deal with the Victorian government to play games in Victoria - mixture of regional and Melbourne games.

It's frustrating to see Victoria have lock on games, but if no other state government is going to help out I can’t see them being played elsewhere - State Gov here hates basketball so unless they somehow become a vote getter can’t see them here!

Was Australia V Japan in 2017/2018 the last time the Boomers played here?

Reply #932681 | Report this post

Cram  
Last year

"Imagine the Matilda's playing in a country town? I don't think so."

No need to imagine. Until recently this was their reality. But they have proven to be a draw for crowds now. They're clearly riding a peak at the moment, but its been built up over years of work both on and off the field.

Reply #932682 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

With due respect I am not too concerned where Australia's D team plays. If you took it to a bigger stadium you run the risk it is half empty. Asia Cup ranks somewhere down the absolute bottom as far as world basketball considerations go for me. I understand the necessity of it but I cant force myself to care too much.

"WMW
Delly
DJV
Goulding
Creek
Galloway
Travers
Bannan
Humphries
Magnay
Froling

Toohey or Pinder"

Yeah looks about right. The focus of this game should be, sure, to win, but also to get a look at some guys who might play for the Boomers in the future. Magnay, Bannan, Galloway, maybe Creek or DJV might be among that group. We're too stacked at pg for WMW, Delly is cooked, Humphries is cooked, Frolling is overrated and we have too many options at his position. I'd be skewing young here. Maybe put Taran Armstrong in as he could be a point guard for the future. WMW isnt that old but already feels too old for the next PG handover which is probably Brisbane at the soonest.

Reply #932685 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

I doubt there'll be many, if any, guys whose teams are in the NBL finals playing.

Reply #932686 | Report this post

Maybe  
Last year

Matildas have played several times in Gosford. Nothing wrong with taking national games to regional towns to help grow the overall fan base and participation levels.

Reply #932690 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Just read that Mitch Creek will be called into camp for this one, as well as Toohey, Zikarsky and Galloway.

Reply #932691 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

Just read that Mitch Creek will be called into camp for this one, as well as Toohey, Zikarsky and Galloway.

Reply #932692 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Zikarsky should have a field day given his height advantage

Reply #932693 | Report this post

Aussie  
Last year

Is Goorj coaching this team?

Reply #932694 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

Jayson Tatum?

Reply #932696 | Report this post

pattymillsMVP  
Last year

Bendigo is the basketball capital of Australia

Reply #932711 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Could bring back some of the nba guys that do nothing but warm benches, I can't see how some of them will be match fit for Olympics.

Reply #932715 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Last year

If theyre taking this team from the entirety of the NBL then Bolden should absolutely be there, regardless of past discretions. If Creek is in camp he'll make the team.

WMW
Delly
DJV
Goulding
Creek
Galloway
Travers
Bannan
Zikarsky
Magnay
Bolden
Toohey

Reply #932903 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754